Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #85
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I just don't get this injector cleaning stuff. Seems like if it was important, it would be listed in the service section of the owners manual. The gasoline today has a lot of detergents in it, to keep things cleaned. I see what my catch can stops from being sucked through the TB. So without one, you can get extra buildup. With your current circumstances, I guess I would let them fix your car.

Here is something I would recommend. If you have a check engine light, try and find out what the code is before going to the shop. They did give you a loaner, so that was nice of them. Good luck, hope everything gets worked out for you. Go to GMpartsdirect.com and you can get an idea on parts and costs.
I should have checked those codes before going. Next time (hopefully there won't be one) I'll do that. Thanks for the info!
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:49 PM   #86
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
Have the dealer do it. < $500 sounds reasonable for the repair, O&F and a loaner vehicle for several days. Not to mention you are new to the area and this may start a good relationship with the service department.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:49 AM   #87
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
When you get the car back deciding on what you do, look where the gas pedal is and see where it is hooked up. It is very simple to replace it, literally only 3 bolts then unplug and install the new one. The TB injectors are still questionable though. Only bad part about installing the new pedal is finding a comfortable spot to get to it lol.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:53 AM   #88
GetYouOne

Yeah I think the injector/TB cleaning its just the typical upsell from the dealership which we all know service is their money maker. I took my car into my dealership for my first time oil change at a dealership usually use my buddies lift, but he too is in the process of moving and the guy didnt even know what a catch can is and how to get the oil cap off. I was like "it just unscrews"....I had to watch very closely from then on. Some of these guys dont even know what their doing or saying which is baffling to me.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:25 AM   #89
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
Yeah I think the injector/TB cleaning its just the typical upsell from the dealership which we all know service is their money maker. I took my car into my dealership for my first time oil change at a dealership usually use my buddies lift, but he too is in the process of moving and the guy didnt even know what a catch can is and how to get the oil cap off. I was like "it just unscrews"....I had to watch very closely from then on. Some of these guys dont even know what their doing or saying which is baffling to me.
OMG you are so brave. Watching the dealer mechanics work on your car! You must never sleep at night!

Nobody wll ever be as contentious as yourself, working on your own gear. There are very, very few out there that will treat your car as their own... If you find one that does, it's worth more than double, but they never charge you that
Mr. Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:51 AM   #90
GetYouOne

Couldn't agree with you more on people that will not treat ur car like u will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
OMG you are so brave. Watching the dealer mechanics work on your car! You must never sleep at night!

Nobody wll ever be as contentious as yourself, working on your own gear. There are very, very few out there that will treat your car as their own... If you find one that does, it's worth more than double, but they never charge you that
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #91
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
The pedal sensor is most likely not the issue.. the code is what you need. I would ask what the code is and you can do your own research. Throttle body i.e. sensor is more fitting as many have said. There are 2 sensors in the TB that do a check with each other and when they don't match you have your classic symptoms.. I guess having the dealer put in a pedal sensor and if it doesn't resolve it then they r on the hook? I would ensure that if you are in a bind and unsure as that is steep what they want overall. Hope it all works out in the end. Kind of limited by just asking on a forum without the details.. No one can tell you for sure that way. It's all guess work.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #92
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Just had mine come on a few weeks ago. Po91 code. 49k miles on my 2011, Turned out to be a bad fuel pump. Almost $1100 because the pump is in the tank and the tank has to be dropped. Luckily I had an extended warranty and all was covered.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #93
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
The pedal sensor is most likely not the issue.. the code is what you need. I would ask what the code is and you can do your own research. Throttle body i.e. sensor is more fitting as many have said. There are 2 sensors in the TB that do a check with each other and when they don't match you have your classic symptoms.. I guess having the dealer put in a pedal sensor and if it doesn't resolve it then they r on the hook? I would ensure that if you are in a bind and unsure as that is steep what they want overall. Hope it all works out in the end. Kind of limited by just asking on a forum without the details.. No one can tell you for sure that way. It's all guess work.
I through a code with reduced power a few years ago. It was a bad pedal sensor. They replaced the whole pedal and ran like a charm. Then got another code a few weeks ago with reduced power and it was the fuel pump. All fixed under warranty.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #94
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
Okay, just heard from the service tech at the dealership...he said there were 2 codes (don't have the codes, but here's what the were about)

1st code: Accelerator pedal sensor
2nd code: random misfire

He said the the throttle body has severe carbon build up and that they cleaned the injector and the throttle body.

He said the accelerator pedal sensor wouldnt be in until Monday.

I called to auto parts stores and they don't carry the pedal sensor and said it's dealer only.

I also had an oil change done with Dexos1. IF I get the pedal sensor put in by them along with the cleaning of the injector and the TB, my bill comes to $485.16.

Does this sound right? Just looking for some guidance since I don't know crap about this issue.

Thanks!

I took my pedal out before, I think only 1 maybe 2 bolts hold it in then just unplug the connector its a 15min job.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:48 PM   #95
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I wonder what takes place under "reduced engine power"conditions? Does the AFM kick in on autos? Limits RPM? How does it reduce power?
Its a safety warning issue basically saying don't ignore this because a part is actually failing. When just the check engine light comes on people ignore it because it sill feels like its running right. But when the light comes on and goes into limp mode its like a second warning saying don't ignore unless you eventually want to be stranded. Its like a second warning for your own good. They can be annoying but the good thing is eventually parts fail and cars today actually save you by pre warning you of a failure instead of just immediatly failing out of the blue leaving you stranded. Its like NASA technology that now warns you of impending failures before the failure.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:48 PM   #96
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Amazon man....pedal sensor is $49.76 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

And...you can get the throttle body for $146.38. Both GM parts...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

Took me about 20 minutes to install both and now I have a spare throttle body in case I want to have it sent out to be ported.
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #97
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visago View Post
Amazon man....pedal sensor is $49.76 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

And...you can get the throttle body for $146.38. Both GM parts...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

Took me about 20 minutes to install both and now I have a spare throttle body in case I want to have it sent out to be ported.
Well, if I'd had the time and the space and tools to do it, we would have. They have had the car for a week now! Two of the days the service guy as sick, but no one bothered to call me to give me an update. He's back today and called to say it's ready. Asked if they could at least wash it and it was "sorry, we don't have a wash bay." Ugh. I hate taking my car to a dealership or any other shop for that matter.
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #98
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
Well, if I'd had the time and the space and tools to do it, we would have. They have had the car for a week now! Two of the days the service guy as sick, but no one bothered to call me to give me an update. He's back today and called to say it's ready. Asked if they could at least wash it and it was "sorry, we don't have a wash bay." Ugh. I hate taking my car to a dealership or any other shop for that matter.
Keep us posted on what they say was the issue. Mine was running like a clock after swapping the TB & pedal sensor then I got on it real hard the other day and it pulled this sh!t again. May be time for a 16' lol.
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote