#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #113
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
It's ridiculous that this superficial hierarchy even exists in the minds of some folks. But I've realized that there's a certain subgroup of people that need to look down on others in order to make themselves feel better about themselves. They'd say those who bought a GS or Zl1 couldn't afford a Z06, when quite frequently affordability isn't the deciding variable for the decision.

Go across the street to the Porsche meetup, and you got a few of those members looking down on vette owners...."What, couldn't afford the 911 turbo?". It never ends and it's been going on forever. Most enthusiasts aren't like this, but they're definitely some snobs out there.

I go to the gym with this cat who drives a mcclaren 650s, amg gt, nissan gtr, audi r8, astin martin vanquish, and a couple of bad azz pickups. But you wouldn't know that given the numerous compliments he gives me on the camaro. Never once a 'I could buy 4 of your zl1's for the price of my mcclaren.' Just an enthusiast chatting with another enthusiast. That's the way it should be imo
Ding ding ding. Exactly. I get it all the time. My license plates on my GTR said 1PCTER. Some douche yells, 1 %'ers drive Lambos!! I'd never buy an exotic even tho I can afford it. I like to drive the shit out of my cars. They'd just sit and take up space in my garage, not to mention the waste of $. But, I agree with you completely. That is America tho. Everyone thinks they know everyone's motives for why they do the things they do, when in reality, they have no idea.

For example. When I traded in my GTR for the Z06, everyone, almost everyone on the GTR forums said that was a down grade. I zoom on over to the Z06 forums and they congratulate me for up grading. haha. Which is it? An upgrade or a downgrade? And maybe, just maybe, for the sake of it, I just buy a new car every year and have no loyalties in life. Maybe I just like to buy cards and drive the shit out of them and enjoy them. The Z06 will go away this year and I'll replace it with the NSX. Again, I can hear it now. Z06 owners will be like.....you fkn downgraded. A NSX? Why? Then the NSX owners will be like......dude, what an upgrade. The cycle will always continue. And I'm over here like, really? I'm just enjoying MY LIFE, enjoying these bad ass machines while I still can. Anyhow, moving on.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #114
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Ding ding ding. Exactly. I get it all the time. My license plates on my GTR said 1PCTER. Some douche yells, 1 %'ers drive Lambos!! I'd never buy an exotic even tho I can afford it. I like to drive the shit out of my cars. They'd just sit and take up space in my garage, not to mention the waste of $. But, I agree with you completely. That is America tho. Everyone thinks they know everyone's motives for why they do the things they do, when in reality, they have no idea.

For example. When I traded in my GTR for the Z06, everyone, almost everyone on the GTR forums said that was a down grade. I zoom on over to the Z06 forums and they congratulate me for up grading. haha. Which is it? An upgrade or a downgrade? And maybe, just maybe, for the sake of it, I just buy a new car every year and have no loyalties in life. Maybe I just like to buy cards and drive the shit out of them and enjoy them. The Z06 will go away this year and I'll replace it with the NSX. Again, I can hear it now. Z06 owners will be like.....you fkn downgraded. A NSX? Why? Then the NSX owners will be like......dude, what an upgrade. The cycle will always continue. And I'm over here like, really? I'm just enjoying MY LIFE, enjoying these bad ass machines while I still can. Anyhow, moving on.
Good for you! Don't worry about what anyone says and do what you feel like. One of the best ways to enjoy life. I've never shown any brand loyalty either, in anything. Cars, motorcycles, 4 wheelers, electronics, etc. I just do some research and decide what I feel fits my wants and needs best at the time and go with it. Feel like I would've missed out on some fun, cool stuff if I'd stayed with one certain brand of anything.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #115
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmytt6 View Post
Well I hope ZL1 faster considering has 190 more HP. Though have to give some credit to GS cause ZL1 was less then a second faster around road coarse.

Both are great cars I think, would love to add either one to my garage.
I agree with your last statement.

I really have the reverse thought on your other one. This comparison is on a road course where less weight is way more beneficial than more horsepower. Less weight improves acceleration, stopping ability, and cornering ability. More horsepower may improve acceleration, but it usually makes it much tougher to exit a corner and then makes it harder to slow for the next corner, especially when you're packing more weight. Then that extra weight normally requires slower corner speeds to make the turn, so I have to give credit to the Camaro team. They've made one mean machine that's hard to beat no matter the challenge!
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #116
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
I agree with your last statement.

I really have the reverse thought on your other one. This comparison is on a road course where less weight is way more beneficial than more horsepower. Less weight improves acceleration, stopping ability, and cornering ability. More horsepower may improve acceleration, but it usually makes it much tougher to exit a corner and then makes it harder to slow for the next corner, especially when you're packing more weight. Then that extra weight normally requires slower corner speeds to make the turn, so I have to give credit to the Camaro team. They've made one mean machine that's hard to beat no matter the challenge!
I agree.

Sort of seems to defy physics. And I'm okay with that!