Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
NT05 or PZero?

I'm just wondering which one will offer more grip in the dry? I usually rag on the PZero but I've never driven on an NT05 and for the sizes I'm looking in they are really the only 2 options, thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
If those are my only two choices, NT-05, they have much better grip than PZero's. They also won't last as long, as they start with less tread depth.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
47AJV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
If those are my only two choices, NT-05, they have much better grip than PZero's. They also won't last as long, as they start with less tread depth.
Unfortunately they are the only choices, but thank you for the info! What sort of mileage can one expect out of NT05s?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:00 AM   #4
SSpartan117

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
what sizes are you looking at OP?
SSpartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrigdan View Post
Unfortunately they are the only choices, but thank you for the info! What sort of mileage can one expect out of NT05s?

Depends how hard you drive on them, but they are likely a 10,000 mile or less tire, if you autox or track the tires, you can anticipate less life...they start out with less tread depth than a regular tire, so they will not last as long as the PZero.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
47AJV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
what sizes are you looking at OP?
Front/Rear: 275/40R20, 315/35R20 (They're actually for an X5 M but I figured I would ask on here because I know a lot of guys on here are willing to help out a fellow enthusiast even on a non GM ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Depends how hard you drive on them, but they are likely a 10,000 mile or less tire, if you autox or track the tires, you can anticipate less life...they start out with less tread depth than a regular tire, so they will not last as long as the PZero.
That's alright, thank you very much!

Tags
nt05, pzero, versus