Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Me Either. I think the interior is going to become a little more functional for the production verision(hopefully vette-like). The Plastic might make it but not the projected displays. I can easily see the center console making it though.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Yes more sweet info, cool guys keep it a coming.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #17
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I think I finally pinned down what I don't like about the interior of the concept. I have never really been able to put my finger on it, but I just thought something was not right about it. Other than the color in the coupe, I think what is bothering me so much is the very flat and modular look of the dash. I prefer an interior that wraps around the driver. The interior in the concept doesn't do a good job of separating the driver and passenger areas.

The way they used the interior space seems very "retro" to me, which may have been their intention, but it isn't very inviting. I think if they just redisigned the console area and made it wrap around the driver more it would give the interior a much better look...

Does anyone understand where I am going, or am I just blathering?

Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #18
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I think I finally pinned down what I don't like about the interior of the concept. I have never really been able to put my finger on it, but I just thought something was not right about it. Other than the color in the coupe, I think what is bothering me so much is the very flat and modular look of the dash. I prefer an interior that wraps around the driver. The interior in the concept doesn't do a good job of separating the driver and passenger areas.

The way they used the interior space seems very "retro" to me, which may have been their intention, but it isn't very inviting. I think if they just redisigned the console area and made it wrap around the driver more it would give the interior a much better look...

Does anyone understand where I am going, or am I just blathering?

I know what you mean. I think the center console guages has alot to do with the concept's interior not separating the driver from the passenger very well. The whole dash area seems void of instrumentation, other than the two large guages for the driver. There's too much empty space on the dash due to the console guages. But Bob Lutz says the console guages are going to stay. Personally, I could do without them. Plus I hope they use a different method of implementing the sound system. The two large knobs radio and CD in the center are way too simplistic. They have to do a better job with the stereo placement on the dash.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham

I understand what your saying, it's to flat. Again I'll use the corvette's interior as an example:

I'm not saying that it should be exactly like the Vette, but more like it

the "wrap around" description you gave, Casull, pretty much nails it
Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I understand what your saying, it's to flat. Again I'll use the corvette's interior as an example:

agreed...seperate the driver from passenger by using the dash a bit more. i'd even have the dash connect to the center console very much like the picture above.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham

Don't hate me...I was peeking at the interior of the Mustang, which, by the way is terrible. It also has that flatness to it.
I'm going to try and work a picture of what I'd like to see in the Camaro cockpit. Not promising anything though so don't expect much.

I'm going into my photoshop hole, I'll keep in touch.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:23 AM   #22
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

This is a picture of a 94-97 ford thunderbird interior. I had a 95, i loved how the dash blended into the center console, and the center console was angled towards the driver.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #23
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post

This is a picture of a 94-97 ford thunderbird interior. I had a 95, i loved how the dash blended into the center console, and the center console was angled towards the driver.
I agree, that's how a car interior (at least one in a sporty car) should be done. It should surround the driver.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #24
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

I gotta tell you I REALLY prefer that 3 spoke wheel, it first was on the Z06, then on all vettes after the 2006 model year. Not only does it look better, it is actually an inch or so smaller in diameter.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham

ARRGHH...I can't believe how hard it is to create an interior of a car with photoshop. I mean, It can do a lot of things, photoshop can, but not this, and not my version(sigh).
I also decided that I'm kidding myself. As long as the climate and radio controls are more reality-oriented, I'm in love the Camaro inside and out...
As far as the Corvette's interior goes...It is beautiful - for the vette. and that is where it should stay, I think I said it before: the Camaro's interior should and probably will be purely Camaro

Here's where I got to before I gave up...I think you can see where I was going with this.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 PM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That's actally pretty cool!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #27
Casull

Wow, it is amazing what such a small change can do for the look of that interior!

Good job on that.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #28
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_j13 View Post
I understand what everyone is saying about the center console, but with a car like this, don't you want your "passenger" to be able to lean over a lower center console? I don't condone bench seats, but imagine a nice, long cruise on the highway...

If I want isolation, I will just drive alone.
Interesting... I don't know that there will be any "leaning over the center" console on "long cruises on the highway" with my "passenger"....

Personally I like my car's interior to be conductive to driving, not designed around getting road ****...