Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #99
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Camaro kickin some azz, and look who finished #1 (Corvette), Chevy is the king, I love it
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #100
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
MAN you guys really beat up on SWAT, but he just isn't giving up even though theres no proof of evidence to support what he is saying. I admire his effort but really give it up guys you proved him wrong and he's not going to admit it can we please move along and dicuss the article. On that note, I would like to see how close the Z06 would come to the ZR1 given the Grand Sport performed very well and we all know thats pretty much a Z06 without the extra hp. Chevy shows that they know how to make cars.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #101
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
wow i just saw video on youtube on the car and driver lighting laps that is some track. For the Camaro SS for its price and what it is that is a very very good time. The Maro also beat out cars like g37, vw rcar, sti, evo, 370
this puts a huge smile on my face when people say the camaro cant handle a technical track
chopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #102
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
MAN you guys really beat up on SWAT, but he just isn't giving up even though theres no proof of evidence to support what he is saying. I admire his effort but really give it up guys you proved him wrong and he's not going to admit it can we please move along and dicuss the article. On that note, I would like to see how close the Z06 would come to the ZR1 given the Grand Sport performed very well and we all know thats pretty much a Z06 without the extra hp. Chevy shows that they know how to make cars.

Nah, they aren't beating up on me at all, though most of them do disagree. And how is there no proof or evidence to support my opinion? I'm talking about the 2010 mustang, not the 2011. Which is why there is plenty of facts giving the nod to the car in certain aspects, while most do not. But there are certain things you can't refute, that the mustang has over the camaro, just like there are MANY things you cannot refute that the camaro has over the mustang. If they disagree with me thats fine, many of them can prove their points well and know more about cars than I do. I give the camaro its respect, but I do offer an unbiased opinion, regardless of how unpopular it may be.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #103
blaksabb

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS T-Top 6spd, Bla
Wonder how a V6 RS stick would have done.
blaksabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #104
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaksabb View Post
Wonder how a V6 RS stick would have done.
yeah me too, exactly what I asked. Since some cars there have bhp in the 200s
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #105
eneuen1199

Drives: 2ss/rs summit white silver stripes
How and y do they have the X-Bow and Ariel atom in these comparisons..? They r like oversized GO-Karts... U cant even buy an X-bow in the U.S. Oh yeah and they both weigh a third of what The Camaro does...
eneuen1199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #106
0235th
Lol wut

Drives: 2010 Cobalt LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneuen1199 View Post
How and y do they have the X-Bow and Ariel atom in these comparisons..? They r like oversized GO-Karts... U cant even buy an X-bow in the U.S. Oh yeah and they both weigh a third of what The Camaro does...
Because they are badass track only cars. I thought it was kinda cool they stuck those in there. I wanted to see how the x-bow did.
0235th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #107
0235th
Lol wut

Drives: 2010 Cobalt LS
Oh yeah and another thing. My truck could probably outhandle that "evo". its lame they made it like that. weighs too much. No cool models like an RS (which had no ac, radio, or a wing).
0235th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #108
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
I thought C&D were the ones who said the SS wasn't a good handler. Yet here, it ranks right between two Audis - TTS and the S4, two cars KNOWN for their prowess in the twisties. A nice fat to the guys at C&D
Actually most Audis, excepting the R8, are known to be understeering pigs in the twisties, at least on a road surface rather than rain/snow/dirt.

It would surprise me if the Camaro could corner with either of them anyway, but they're both underpowered.

No doubt Camaro is a great package for the price, but it's not out-handling ANY car that has a reputation for good handling.

Still, it can out-RUN a lot of them, even on a road course, and especially one with enough opportunities to use that midrange.
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #109
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
Actually most Audis, excepting the R8, are known to be understeering pigs in the twisties, at least on a road surface rather than rain/snow/dirt.

It would surprise me if the Camaro could corner with either of them anyway, but they're both underpowered.

No doubt Camaro is a great package for the price, but it's not out-handling ANY car that has a reputation for good handling.

Still, it can out-RUN a lot of them, even on a road course, and especially one with enough opportunities to use that midrange.
That depends on your defnition of "handling"... Some people consider handling prowess based on the lap times around a technical track, while other people base their decisions on calibrated tests like the slalom, and still others base their opinion on how a car drives in comparison to some 1200 pound go-cart.

Some people just get the most out of what the car has to offer and learn to drive the car the way it drives BEST, instead of whining that the car doesn't drive the way THEY think is best.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #110
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Handling, too me (and everyone I know) is how a car feels in your hands while driving it. How nimble the car is, how direct the steering is, what kind of road feel is transmitted, steering imput vs. reaction etc....

Performance around a race track is more about the limitations of the car... for instance people tell me the BMW M3 is one of the greatest handling cars in the world....

To those people I say.... Really? Have you ever driven an RX-8? a Mini Cooper? a Lotus? a 911? an Evo? Those are elite in the handling category, their limitations might not be the same which would be reflected in track times, but they have superior handling.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #111
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Handling, too me (and everyone I know) is how a car feels in your hands while driving it. How nimble the car is, how direct the steering is, what kind of road feel is transmitted, steering input vs. reaction etc....
I agree with this, for the most part. My Cobalt can't handle for crap, but it's "tossable", so it feels like it can.

The trouble that the Camaro runs into, specifically, is that they've refined the crap out of it for comfort and road-manners...not a bad thing (I've yet to drive a more comfortable car), but that refinement hides the handling "feel" of the car. So it performs, as evidenced by these races, but it doesn't feel like it does.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #112
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I agree with this, for the most part. My Cobalt can't handle for crap, but it's "tossable", so it feels like it can.

The trouble that the Camaro runs into, specifically, is that they've refined the crap out of it for comfort and road-manners...not a bad thing (I've yet to drive a more comfortable car), but that refinement hides the handling "feel" of the car. So it performs, as evidenced by these races, but it doesn't feel like it does.
That's what it looks like
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote