Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 PM   #57
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Chevrolet will not limit the number of ZL1 1LE they will over build it like they do everything. The word "Exclusivity" is not in GM's vocabulary.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:12 PM   #58
BreedsAS

Drives: 16 Camaro: Mosaic/2SS/A8/NPP/Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Chevrolet will not limit the number of ZL1 1LE they will over build it like they do everything. The word "Exclusivity" is not in GM's vocabulary.
Thank you!
People are not realizing the 1LE is an option! Not a new trim or model. They will build as many of these as dealers who send in orders with the option checked off.
$8.5k max is the most the option will be. More than likely less. It doesn't matter what wheels or suspension it has because both are in place of a relatively pricey suspension (MRC) and wheels (the ugly gray forged 20s) on the standard ZL1.
If GM wanted to be realistic with pricing the option, I'd guess $5-6k, don't hold your breath though.

'16 Chevy Camaro 2SS Auto - Mosaic Black l Kalahari Interior l NPP l Nav l Sunroof.
Prismatic 22" concave Koko Wheels l Lexani Tires l GM Splitter l ACS Rockers l ACS Spoiler l BMR Drop l Limo tint l Smoked Lighting l Debadged l LEDs l WeatherTech l More to come...
YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq4...9-q-ccCuqVONUw
BreedsAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:16 PM   #59
Yees00911

Drives: Honda CRV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedsAS View Post
Thank you!
People are not realizing the 1LE is an option! Not a new trim or model. They will build as many of these as dealers who send in orders with the option checked off.
$8.5k max is the most the option will be. More than likely less. It doesn't matter what wheels or suspension it has because both are in place of a relatively pricey suspension (MRC) and wheels (the ugly gray forged 20s) on the standard ZL1.
If GM wanted to be realistic with pricing the option, I'd guess $5-6k, don't hold your breath though.
What about the price of carbon ceramic brakes? On the vette that is a 8k option alone.
Yees00911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #60
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
That appears to be what Chevy did. The only emblems on the car are ZL1. Like mlee said, 1LE is just the name of the option code, just like Z51 is on Vettes. It is funny how they put 1LE emblems on the 5th gen Camaros but not the 6th gen.
Actually there were ZERO 1LE badges/logos on a 5th gen 1LE from the factory. Many people (including myself) added 1LE badges to our cars.

The new 6th gen 1LE's on both the SS version and now the ZL1 version will have 1LE logos on their red painted brake calipers. The 5th gens brake calipers were painted red but only said "Chevrolet" and "Brembo" on them.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #61
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yees00911 View Post
What about the price of carbon ceramic brakes? On the vette that is a 8k option alone.

There are no Carbon Ceramics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:17 PM   #62
Yees00911

Drives: Honda CRV
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
There are no Carbon Ceramics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I didn't know
Yees00911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #63
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
That appears to be what Chevy did. The only emblems on the car are ZL1. Like mlee said, 1LE is just the name of the option code, just like Z51 is on Vettes. It is funny how they put 1LE emblems on the 5th gen Camaros but not the 6th gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Actually there were ZERO 1LE badges/logos on a 5th gen 1LE from the factory. Many people (including myself) added 1LE badges to our cars.

The new 6th gen 1LE's on both the SS version and now the ZL1 version will have 1LE logos on their red painted brake calipers. The 5th gens brake calipers were painted red but only said "Chevrolet" and "Brembo" on them.
They offer 1LE floor mats for the 6th gen.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:19 PM   #64
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
OK, so I have already seen a bunch of crazy price speculations for this new car.

Lets think about this in a calm, rational, thoughful manor

The DSSV suspension should be less expensive than the Mag ride correct?

The rear spoiler will cost a little more, not sure how much

the front plitter and down planes ? not much if anyting significant, but nothing is free

smaller wheels

Same brakes

exposed carbon hood a must $600

really, I don't see it being more than 3k more tops, IF THAT

What am I missing that would cause the added expense. It was all developed together.

I love that we have a NA 1LE version and a FI 1LE version

simple build process since no A10, sunroof, no convertible
As the car was spec'ed at the event they said it was $70k
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #65
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
As the car was spec'ed at the event they said it was $70k
Really? that isn't horrible.

Didn't get it in a video or something did you?
Old 03-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #66

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The previous SS 1LE options were priced very reasonably. Yes, this is a 1LE option for the ZL1, but with much pricier components....Wheels, although "smaller" are lighter weight and probably a stronger forged type than standard, that's more expense, not less.... exclusive (?) tires , dampers, sway bar, adjustability street/track (looks perhaps more doable as a DIY).....

Probably still a bargain in the long run, but much pricier nonetheless....I wouldn't be subtracting MRC or standard tires and wheels to lower the cost...Don't think it quite works that way...

The ZL1 is top of the scale price-wise as it is...The 1LE option will be proportional...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:27 AM   #67
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
The wheels are definitely forged, but so are the base ZL1 wheels. So other than the cost for the extra width of the wheels and tires, and possibly higher cost model of tire, there shouldn't be a great price increase there I wouldn't think. Even though the MRC is really cool high tech stuff, my understanding is that the DSSV suspension is actually more expensive. It looks more expensive and adds a lot more adjustability. Still, it doesn't look like there would be a great price difference there, but I could be wrong. The biggest added expense would be the carbon fiber wing. The adjustable sway bar will add a little cost. The front splitter is probably slightly higher since it has end plates bolted on, but the other pieces should be about a wash really. The cost of the dive planes would be offset by the lack of the fog lights. The 1LE option should only be about 3 to 4k more, but I'd be very surprised if it isn't at least 2 or 3 times that.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #68
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
The wheels are definitely forged, but so are the base ZL1 wheels. So other than the cost for the extra width of the wheels and tires, and possibly higher cost model of tire, there shouldn't be a great price increase there I wouldn't think. Even though the MRC is really cool high tech stuff, my understanding is that the DSSV suspension is actually more expensive. It looks more expensive and adds a lot more adjustability. Still, it doesn't look like there would be a great price difference there, but I could be wrong. The biggest added expense would be the carbon fiber wing. The adjustable sway bar will add a little cost. The front splitter is probably slightly higher since it has end plates bolted on, but the other pieces should be about a wash really. The cost of the dive planes would be offset by the lack of the fog lights. The 1LE option should only be about 3 to 4k more, but I'd be very surprised if it isn't at least 2 or 3 times that.
We think a lot a like.

We know a lot of the testing runs hand in hand with other items. The data that is collected is can be and is used to develope other items. Not to mention it is all done on computer model long before it is bolted to a car.

Technology is such a benefit to r&d
Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #69
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
My guess is that this will be a $10k option, so $73k window sticker. Puts the car still well below a baseline Z06 from GM's perspective.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #70
h777

Drives: None
If it is 10k option, I guess we got to add $1300 for the PDR too. Who wants to buy a ZL1 1LE without PDR? Then that might push price to around $74,300. I wish GM would bundle the PDR in the package.
h777 is offline   Reply With Quote