Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2019, 06:27 PM   #43
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I know it's a complete redesign of the car, but I can't see going from $55,900 to $80,000+ for a base model car. That will absolutely be the end of Corvette if it happens. GM will be out of sports/muscle cars if that's the case. The only thing they'll have left are sports sedans (CTS-V) and who knows how long that would last.
You can get a ctsv in coupe form
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #44
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
I'm writing a research paper on AI, specifically autonomous vehicles. An article I was reading stated that the average American is only going to buy 1 more vehicle before their next one is a level 5 AV....
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #45
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netraa View Post
I'm writing a research paper on AI, specifically autonomous vehicles. An article I was reading stated that the average American is only going to buy 1 more vehicle before their next one is a level 5 AV....
I hate the thought of that. I know all of us can agree here, we are drivers and cars need to be driven.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 06-25-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:25 PM   #46
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I hate the thought of that. I know all us can agree here we are drivers and cars need to be driven.
I love driving my car, I HATE commuting in my car. I for one will welcome the daily self-driver as long as I can keep my weekend toy.
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #47
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
It's discontinued too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I know it's a complete redesign of the car, but I can't see going from $55,900 to $80,000+ for a base model car. That will absolutely be the end of Corvette if it happens. GM will be out of sports/muscle cars if that's the case.
I pray you're right, but I doubt it.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:40 PM   #48
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
That went the way of the wagon, extinct.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:21 PM   #49
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Just another sales pitch.....and it's getting the exact response they want. Build the hype, build the sales.
In time, we will see. Until then, my 5th gen continues to be the garage queen I so desire.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:24 PM   #50
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Another vastly more reputable site is saying the 7th gen is delayed, but not canceled.

Even then, take that with a grain of salt.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #51
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Just another sales pitch.....and it's getting the exact response they want. Build the hype, build the sales.
In time, we will see. Until then, my 5th gen continues to be the garage queen I so desire.
Generally, when a vehicle is discontinued, unless it's severely discounted, consumers tend to stay away, out of fear that maintenance and repair parts will become unavailable. If GM were seeking to make a "sales pitch" or "build hype", this would not be the method they would use.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:46 PM   #52
Sparksl
Lloyd

Drives: 2010 RS/2SS
If you think about it, the Challenger redesign as been delayed since 2008! And it's still going strong. When the 5th Gen first came out, I really didn't like the design but now, 9 years later I think it looks stunning! Give a design a chance for the public to warm up to it and they will sell. The Challenger is currently out selling the Camaro so in theory, maybe Dodge knows what they're doing. Jeep Wranglers, Porsche 911's, and to some extent the current 4Runners- all with designs that have changed very little or as in the 4Runner, not since 2010! And all are selling very well! GM needs to let their cars run a cycle and make improvements without a major redesign just a people are getting used to them.
Sparksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #53
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
All this exciting news about the Camaro ending, again, ensures I'm not going to sell mine anytime soon after all
Old 06-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #54
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
I hate to say it but I hope GM does away with the Camaro. I say this because as the generations are only getting uglier. I mean the 6th gen is eh at best and now the refresh of the 6th gen is terrible. I rather GM kill off the Camaro while they are not too terrible to the point we are know for the ugliest muscle car. GM obviously doesn't know how to keep the fan base purchasing since we've gone through this once before in 02
Fortunately the Fox bodied Stangs of the late 70's can't be topped for crappy looking muscle car.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:42 AM   #55
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
If this is anywhere near being the truth then GM should let Camaro die in peace with dignity. I for one would hate to see an iconic symbol of my youth become an emasculated, hybrid vegan-organic family electro-cart. RIP old friend.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:45 AM   #56
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksl View Post
If you think about it, the Challenger redesign as been delayed since 2008! And it's still going strong. When the 5th Gen first came out, I really didn't like the design but now, 9 years later I think it looks stunning! Give a design a chance for the public to warm up to it and they will sell. The Challenger is currently out selling the Camaro so in theory, maybe Dodge knows what they're doing. Jeep Wranglers, Porsche 911's, and to some extent the current 4Runners- all with designs that have changed very little or as in the 4Runner, not since 2010! And all are selling very well! GM needs to let their cars run a cycle and make improvements without a major redesign just a people are getting used to them.
I agree! I wish that GM had the let 5th gen ride out longer. They should have delayed the refresh and instead added more power to the powertrain. Dodge has updated the Charger in style, but left the Challenger virtually unchanged since 2008. The main differences have been powerplants. Starting with the "bad boy" 6.1L 425hp SRT8, now up to a Demon 840hp or a Redeye 797hp. Chevy went from 426hp in a SS to 426hp in a SS for the 5th gen or you could argue 580hp in the ZL1, but still that's 200hp less than a redeye and the current ZL1 is still almost 150hp less.

I realize GM has the best all around performing vehicles even if they don't have the highest horsepower ratings and unlike Hellcat Challengers aren't spilling their rear ends all over racetracks, but still, come up with something that can have everyday bragging rights instead of just the best track car because the average Joe won't be tracking their car anyway. The new LT1 trim is a step in that direction, but add a LT5 engine option to one of the trim levels and call that something special and see what you get out of a Camaro. Dress it down even like the LT1 so it's a super sleeper for those not expecting it or dress it way up and put an $80k base sticker, who cares but put something exciting and ridiculous in the car.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote