The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > New Member Intro Lounge

Old 05-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
phdjent
Evan "FRESHAYR"

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51, 2014 Jeep SRT
Hello from Long Island

I've moved over from the Camaro5 side to the Corvette7 side with my brand spanking new Arctic White, every build option checked, C7 Z51 Stingray convertible. A few weeks ago I came across this unbelievable opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. I stopped by the local dealership that I purchased my 2011 Camaro SS vert just to talk about a possible trade and wait to order a 2015 Stingray Z51 Convertible. There it was, just sitting in the showroom, looking like it was smiling right at me, lol. I walked right over to look at the options. Every one of them put in there, even more than I would have built. My salesman said it was ordered a few months ago and the deal fell through as the car was being delivered to the dealership. Right place, right time for me, I just had to make the trade work. This was more than I wanted to spend but it was breathtaking. A little back and forth with my trade value and we came to something that I could make work. I have a ton of mods to my Camaro that I had to remove and sell privately. Some mods that I had to leave to get me more on the trade. It all worked out and this is what I get to see every time I open the garage. It's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned and the response I've been getting in the two short weeks and 250 miles so far has been ridiculous! Glad to be a part of this forum and hope to learn a lot about my new beauty.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
bowtie440

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT Coupe
Love your Arctic White vert. I have an Arctic White coupe. I am frequently told at a local car show that Arctic White is the best color for the C7. Enjoy the new C7!
bowtie440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Beautiful car and great story. My story was about the same. Just a suggestion; that front license plate bracket should be replaced with the "Aeroplate." I just don't know what they were thinking when they came up with what you have there and the way it sets on the nose that way.

See this post and "Z51Stingray" recommendation on inserting your state plate. The use of the "Aeroplate" and the sweeping back of your state plate provides a much better look, if you ask me. Mine came with just the "Aeroplate," maybe because Oklahoma is a "one plate state," and the dealers here don't put them on anyway (salesman just showed it to me packaged up in the trunk).

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357778
Old 05-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
phdjent
Evan "FRESHAYR"

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51, 2014 Jeep SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatomokc View Post
Beautiful car and great story. My story was about the same. Just a suggestion; that front license plate bracket should be replaced with the "Aeroplate." I just don't know what they were thinking when they came up with what you have there and the way it sets on the nose that way.

See this post and "Z51Stingray" recommendation on inserting your state plate. The use of the "Aeroplate" and the sweeping back of your state plate provides a much better look, if you ask me. Mine came with just the "Aeroplate," maybe because Oklahoma is a "one plate state," and the dealers here don't put them on anyway (salesman just showed it to me packaged up in the trunk).

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357778
Thanks for the kind words. I actually already did the aeroplate install. Those pictures were from when I took the car home the first day. I changed the plate the second day I had the car. So much better!