The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #1
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Can it be added later?

For those of us whose pockets do not go as deep, is it possible to put many of the popular features on the car later when we can save up for them? Specifically Magnetic Ride Control, HUD, or the 10th speaker that comes with the upgraded version of Bose Centerpoint system. Or perhaps the My Link will allow aftermarket installation of subs? We can dream. Obviously things like wheels and exhaust can be added. Thanks in advance to you more savvy members!
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Based on what I have read, the cost of adding MRC would be like buying a second car with it already installed. To my knowledge no one has done it.

HUD has been added to cars that came without it, it is not inexpensive, but doable.

I have no doubt a sub or other speakers can be added as these items are being installed daily around the country to MyLink equipped Chevrolet vehicles.

Laborsmith

Last edited by laborsmith; 06-27-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: clarify first sentence
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Honestly it'd be more trouble than it's worth. I would just save a bit longer to order those features from the factory. Especially MRC. I can't even imagine how much of a pain it'd be to integrate that after delivery.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Honestly it'd be more trouble than it's worth. I would just save a bit longer to order those features from the factory. Especially MRC. I can't even imagine how much of a pain it'd be to integrate that after delivery.
If I had gotten the 2LT pack and MRC, my order would have been 63,000. Plus tax. and I have to deliver it to Hawaii. I just can't pay almost 70k for a car. 63 with tax as it is. and to think i was trying to be smarter on my next car purchase... ooops. Thanks for the info guys. Very glad to hear that I can work with MyLink aftermarket.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
Hancock

For anyone interested, I found an answer to my own question. For C6's you can get the full HUD kit for 400 dollars and install it yourself if you're handy, or have it installed for 50-100 dollars. Here's the link over to a C6 Forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...rts-house.html

Obviously they'll offer something similar for the C7. SCORE!