The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
Rdd3

Drives: 2014 Corvette Z51
Interior protection

I'm about to pick up my Stingray with Kalahari interior. I'm looking for some opinions on care of the leather and potentially any protective treatments people use. I'm a little worried because I typically wear jeans and I had some blue tint (dye transfer) on my C6 after 6 years as a daily driver, and that was with black leather interior.

So what about care? I use Lexol cleaner/conditioner on my motorcycle seats and it keeps them like new. Would that be a good idea in the Stingray? Anyone using any leather protection products? Anyone have relevant experience with lighter Corvette interiors and dye-transfer issues (or lack thereof)?

Thanks.
Rdd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
1st of all 80% of the time I'm not trying impress anyone and alone, so I cover seats - look up an "Aires seat defender" on AMZN..it's not a seat cover, just a rubberized black sheet that protects and looks good - the leather stays new..take it off/on in 5 secs when you have guests....

as far as interior protectant - your leather is coated with a plasticizer so it's not really leather to take care of iut...two good ones for the whole interior are aerospace 303 and Poorboys natural look..google them and read here :

http://303products.com/index.php/pro...motive-leather

your lexol is fine if you own it...but the poorboys makes it clean with no shine - my fav....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
louloumax

Drives: 2014 corvette coupe
i never had blue jreans transfer to my C6 cashmere ''leather'' seats. i think it is something you would notice pretty quickly and if so, you could clean the seat right away with no harm done.
Zaino leather conditioner smells terrific. as glen said, you really don't need leather conditioner on plastic coated leather. i used it on the plastic dash on my C6.
for the corvette, they should call it "plastic conditioner with great leather smell"
louloumax is offline   Reply With Quote