Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
chrisclarkux

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Vitesse Motorsports Customer Experience - Caution Advised

Hi all!

I was looking for an easy-ish new mod to do (easy because I had a heart attack and a stroke at the age of 50 a couple months ago, and now have limited use of my left hand/side) and after doing sequential taillights and axle-back muffler delete install, I decided on a throttle controller as mine as it stands isn't particularly responsive/aggressive.

After perusing the forums, I decided on a Vitesse throttle controller, having seen some people get them within days of ordering and most reviews being positive about the product. I ordered mine on June 29th, and got an email stating once shipped I'd get an automated USPS email letting me know. All in, it cost $169.00.

After quite some time with no updates I went back to my initial confirmation email and saw that I could call Vitesse 24/7 to get an update, so on July 6th, I did so. I didn't have a confirmation or order number, and was asked for my last name. I was told it had shipped and would be there in a couple days. I was happy with this.

After more waiting with no email or updates, only July 11th I sent an email to sales@vitesse-motorsports.com asking for a shipping update or tracking number. I didn't word any of this with frustration, nor threaten to open a paypal case, even though I was very much frustrated and contemplating opening a paypal case by this point.

The very next day (July 12th), I awoke to an automated stamps.com email that a shipping label had been created! Later, I realized that when I'd called on the 6th my order had in fact NOT shipped, and whomever I talked to hadn't been truthful, but I was nevertheless excited that FINALLY I was going to receive the product and could possibly install it the weekend of 7/15-16.

Alas, for the next few days, every time I checked the status at USPS, it remained the same - shipping label created, USPS awaiting item.

It was finally shipped July 14th - fifteen days after I ordered. It's supposed to be here Monday, and at this point I'm worried as to what is even going to show up as far as quality, after the ordering/shipping experience.

I understand that delays can be a thing and that all signs point to this being a small outfit, but I wasn't ever told that this was the case - when I ordered, the site specifically said it was in stock - after a week of no communication, was told over the phone that it had shipped, then after no communication yet again, sent the email and got a shipping label created, then a further two days before it actually shipped.

The entire experience just rubs me the wrong way - I know three weeks isn't forever, but this wasn't a custom piece, was listed as in stock, and having to prod and poke with calls and emails tells me they're not concerned with the overall customer experience, which makes me wonder how much attention they pay to the quality of the product itself.

I guess I'll be finding out Monday.
chrisclarkux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 04:49 PM   #2
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
e-bay does that all the time. you get a notice that it was shipped when it wasn't. they call creating a shipping label as shipped. sometimes the seller creates the label like these people you are talking about did, then sit on it. I have complained to ebay but to deaf ears. creating a label is not shipping it.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:13 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome to the forums. I hope you find a bunch of great information here!

As for Vitesse, that's a bummer that you had an issue with them. If I had to guess, they had it labeled as in stock, but build to suit. They may have had all of the parts in stock, but with the 4th of July festivities and people likely taking vacation, they couldn't get the people to build it.

On a side note, if you want to save some money, just get a refund and after you install some headers, get a quality tune in which you'll have much better throttle response from that and be far more happy.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:21 AM   #4
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaReNi View Post
e-bay does that all the time. you get a notice that it was shipped when it wasn't. they call creating a shipping label as shipped. sometimes the seller creates the label like these people you are talking about did, then sit on it. I have complained to ebay but to deaf ears. creating a label is not shipping it.
It's not just ebay. Many companies feel as if good customer service isn't a real "thing" anymore. It's likely why their business model fails, because they don't take customer service seriously. Especially service recovery incidents.

If any company can ever get with the program and excel in customer service area, they usually get a lot more leeway when things go wrong because customers can come to expect their issues will get resolved.

Some people get a laugh out of this line because it's out of a cult comedy movie, but truer words were never spoken about what differentiates good companies from sucky companies selling the same schlock---

"People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, okay? They come to Chotchkie's for the atmosphere and the attitude. Okay?"- Chotchkie's Manager Stan (Mike Judge) from the movie Office Space.

So go get your pieces of Flair on, auto parts companies. You can do better.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:31 AM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Case in point. I JUST checked my maintenance medication order from my online pharmacy. They sent me an email that it was "shipped." I like to know so I can be home if possible when it comes so it doesn't cook in the mailbox half the day.

Went to the USPS website and it just says label was created, not yet shipped.

Everyone's doing it so it seems.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 04:07 PM   #6
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
OP, there's a lot of debate over throttle controllers on here. I think they're well worth it, and you're going to love it. I had a Vitesse, and am now running a Pedal Commander, so just know that I'm speaking from experience. I will warn you to be careful with the higher settings. I left my Vitesse set on 5 for years, never had a problem. As I got used to it, and wanted more of a thrill I started setting it on 8, and 9. When I bumped it up, it started throwing the car into Limp Mode with Throttle Position Sensor codes. If you want to speak about it, just send me a DM. Enjoy the ride. You're going to love it.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:53 PM   #7
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
ive been ordering a ton of stuff lately and i experience this all the time. not defending anyone. but this crap is nationwide. they create a label then fill the order. it may say its on the way and look like its stuck in one spot. when it is acually in transit to its next destination and will get scanned at the next transfer point i just this weekend waited 3 days because of the weekend looking for progress. NPD and summit racing have been great they have the system down so if they say 3 or 4 days plan on a week. shit's happening everywhere. everybody better get your stuff before the UPS strike or you will be bumming
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 10:43 AM   #8
Steelerhater37

Drives: E82, E36, B8a4, gen5
Omg it’s Augustof 2023 & I’ve been waiting for my Vitesse just like the op said! Shoulda come here first. Mybad. Totally unresponsive co. :(
Steelerhater37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:54 PM   #9
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerhater37 View Post
Omg it’s Augustof 2023 & I’ve been waiting for my Vitesse just like the op said! Shoulda come here first. Mybad. Totally unresponsive co. :(
I lucked out, I guess. I bought mine a couple years ago and received it in a timely manner as I recall. I practically gave it away a few weeks later, but that's another story.