Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-12-2024, 03:13 PM   #1
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
BTR Trinity Intake Swap

So I got a BTR Trinity Intake, the corresponding Fuel Rail Kit, along with a 103 MM Nick Williams TB, and Holly 100 lb Injectors.

The problem I'm running into, is like most car aftermarket stuff, there's no instructions and you have to already just know what it is you are doing.

I have figured out that the holes on the back of the intake are for a different version of the MAP sensor, and the Brake Booster line. But that leads me to the bottom of the intake. I attached pictures. Can anyone tell me what gets installed here?

Just trying to figure it all out, any help is appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2024, 04:04 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Really no clue but, a sensor of some sort? …temp?
Old 01-12-2024, 04:38 PM   #3
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
That's not even an open port, The MAP is up front on the OEM manifold, Do they offer a harness extension if they want the MAP in the rear. I don't understand why they didn't machine the MAP mount in the correct position, Looks like you a bunch of fabricating to do, Brake booster, Purge line and MAP. Good Luck
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 12:09 AM   #4
SSFury

This is the back of it. Bottom hole is for the MAP, although it's a different style than the one on the stock intake, and the top one there is a 90 degree screw in barbed tree I'm being told is for the brake booster line. Yes, there are 2 foot extensions available to cover the extra distance required to get to the back of the intake.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2024, 03:34 AM   #5
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I'm thinking that hole on the bottom is just an extra port if needed. You can drill it out if you need another intake port.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817

Last edited by morepowerjoe; 01-13-2024 at 03:45 AM.
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 09:23 AM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Well on my LOD intake I have, the MAP is up under the front snout, nothing on the bottom of the manifold. On the rear I have 3 holes, one we used for the brake booster, another runs up to the "out" port on my catch can, and the "extra" hole was plugged off. On the bottom of yours like mentioned, could be an "extra" port that can be drilled out if needed for whatever. With the MAP being on the rear of yours, that is how the Holley Sniper is, I believe. Here are a couple pics of mine. You really only have 4 things you need to attach to it, brake booster, catch can hose, MAP sensor, and the fitting for your evap purge selenoid. I don't have the purge selenoid as we deleted mine with the install. Good luck, hope this helps.

Name:  lod rear.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  104.1 KB

Name:  lod snout.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  111.7 KB
Old 01-14-2024, 12:57 PM   #7
SSFury

Nice pics. Thank You.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:15 PM   #8
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
It looks like it might be for an evap adapter.

https://briantooleyracing.com/btr-ev...es-evap-a.html
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 01:52 PM   #9
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Well on my LOD intake I have, the MAP is up under the front snout, nothing on the bottom of the manifold. On the rear I have 3 holes, one we used for the brake booster, another runs up to the "out" port on my catch can, and the "extra" hole was plugged off. On the bottom of yours like mentioned, could be an "extra" port that can be drilled out if needed for whatever. With the MAP being on the rear of yours, that is how the Holley Sniper is, I believe. Here are a couple pics of mine. You really only have 4 things you need to attach to it, brake booster, catch can hose, MAP sensor, and the fitting for your evap purge selenoid. I don't have the purge selenoid as we deleted mine with the install. Good luck, hope this helps.

Attachment 1144521

Attachment 1144522
Wayne,

What did you do with the steel line the EVAP was connected to? Plugged or something else?

Is the the guy doing the LOD intake still make them? I have considered one, or one of the BTR intakes...

Thanks,
Brian
Old 01-14-2024, 04:19 PM   #10
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
It looks like it might be for an evap adapter.

https://briantooleyracing.com/btr-ev...es-evap-a.html
Yessir, that's what it is... Can't imagine a lot of people that would run that intake is concerned with retaining the purge solenoid.
Old 01-15-2024, 06:32 PM   #11
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
Nice pics. Thank You.
You're welcome. Hope it gives you an idea on what you need to do with it. Looks like you have a couple different ways you could go with it. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2024, 07:22 PM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Wayne,

What did you do with the steel line the EVAP was connected to? Plugged or something else?

Is the the guy doing the LOD intake still make them? I have considered one, or one of the BTR intakes...

Thanks,
Brian
Ya know Brian, I really don't know what they did with it. I never paid attention to it, I'll have to look next time I have her uncovered and the hood open. I do know that they zip tied the plug in connector to my injector harness so it isn't just laying there. On if they still make them, I'm not sure. There has been no activity on their FB or Instagram page since March of last year. I had a friend of mine wanting to get one as well last year. I had Rafiel's cell number he gave me, but the 3 times I called him and left a meaasge, I got no call back. I do know that the last time during COVID when we chatted, he was having issues trying to get another shop to help him with the machining and supply of them. I'm guessing he might not be in business anymore since they were just a small 3-4 man shop. I can't find their website anymore either..
Old 01-16-2024, 07:22 AM   #13
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Ya know Brian, I really don't know what they did with it. I never paid attention to it, I'll have to look next time I have her uncovered and the hood open. I do know that they zip tied the plug in connector to my injector harness so it isn't just laying there. On if they still make them, I'm not sure. There has been no activity on their FB or Instagram page since March of last year. I had a friend of mine wanting to get one as well last year. I had Rafiel's cell number he gave me, but the 3 times I called him and left a meaasge, I got no call back. I do know that the last time during COVID when we chatted, he was having issues trying to get another shop to help him with the machining and supply of them. I'm guessing he might not be in business anymore since they were just a small 3-4 man shop. I can't find their website anymore either..
Appreciate it. If you think about it the next time you pop the hood.

I kinda had a feeling they aren't doing them anymore. I couldn't find any recent activity on them when looking around. Real bummer!
Old 01-16-2024, 12:35 PM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Appreciate it. If you think about it the next time you pop the hood.

I kinda had a feeling they aren't doing them anymore. I couldn't find any recent activity on them when looking around. Real bummer!
Yeah it is!! I have a couple friends who want one too, heck the one guy wants to but mine!! Nope...Awesome looking intake with great street manners, and likes rpm's!! Moved my power band to the right a bit. When we dyno'd it my tuner ran it up to 7500 and it was still making power! But we stopped there because I don't have the valve train to run up there a lot. 7200 is my red line now. TQ is still good off the line, and with the 4500 stall, she really gets going in a hurry.