Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2023, 12:54 PM   #1
BB127

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
How does this stack up as a 12 year old car.

Looking at this Camaro SS MY2011, body is really clean interior like 8 out of 10.
Has just over 80,000 miles. Ownership history and details of maintenance are lacking however.

Inspection was clean. Stock other than CAI, TB, mufflers.

What I am more curious about is about how the underbody stacks up for a Camaro with 80000 miles.
Pics below (yes it is dirty) any warning signs here??
A bit or surface rust but pretty minor I think.
Attached Images

BB127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 01:15 PM   #2
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
I don't want to sway your opinion one way or the other, in the end its your decision. What I will share with you, is my ride has double the mileage, and NONE of that rust, or dirt. That car was definitely NOT loved.
Old 07-18-2023, 01:31 PM   #3
BB127

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
I don't want to sway your opinion one way or the other, in the end its your decision. What I will share with you, is my ride has double the mileage, and NONE of that rust, or dirt. That car was definitely NOT loved.
Yeah i got that impression as well. Which is kind or surprising consider how good the exterior shape was. I think this was driven in winter and ridden hard. I was already pretty leery because of the lack of history available. I think because I can probably snag for cheaper I was considering it but then again you get what you pay for…and I don’t need another project headache haha.
Old 07-18-2023, 03:41 PM   #4
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
Could I assume this was a daily driven car and not a hobby car? Canada does salt their roads, I assume ?
Old 07-18-2023, 04:42 PM   #5
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
I’m not personally convinced this is an apples to apples comparison though. AZ climate is similar to NM climate where I am which both are most certainly different than Canada. I’d say the amount of rust under it really doesn’t look bad at all for being up there with all the salt and snow. I’ve lived in states that salted and it eats everything alive. NM and AZ being dry and little snow are surely going to fair better even over 2X times the mileage than cars up north… just my opinion of course.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 05:16 PM   #6
BB127

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013ZL1FUN View Post
Could I assume this was a daily driven car and not a hobby car? Canada does salt their roads, I assume ?
Yes they use salt and sand - more sand where this car has registered though. East coast cars are the ones to avoid as they salt a lot out that way.

I do think daily at least for a few years.
Old 07-18-2023, 05:18 PM   #7
BB127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I’m not personally convinced this is an apples to apples comparison though. AZ climate is similar to NM climate where I am which both are most certainly different than Canada. I’d say the amount of rust under it really doesn’t look bad at all for being up there with all the salt and snow. I’ve lived in states that salted and it eats everything alive. NM and AZ being dry and little snow are surely going to fair better even over 2X times the mileage than cars up north… just my opinion of course.
I think if if I has a solid history on it I would be fine with this but given the Carfax is useless and the dealer has no information on previous owner it’s going to be a pass and be patient.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:51 AM   #8
brushmore

Drives: 2024 and 2014
Doesn't look bad to me for a Canadian car that was likely a daily driver. FYI, there could be an exhaust leak from the weld near the driver's side muffler.
brushmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 12:46 PM   #9
Y88 TA

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS 6 Manual, 1978 Y88 TA
Curious how much they're asking for it?
Y88 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 12:49 PM   #10
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Might be okay for a driver, not something I'd want to make a garage queen out of.

I'm curious how it is under heat shields and things that don't get rinsed easily by rain.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:57 PM   #11
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I would be concerned with the rear quarter lips above the tires as that's the first place the fifth gens love to go.
There are some yearly sprays that can be done to stop the rust and prevent more. CARWELL is one that comes to mind but I've read about several others.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 01:35 PM   #12
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Valid point. I tend to forget that the rest of the world operates differently, and that salt and sand would definitely shorten a vehicles life span. Here the enemy is the sun. This is a nice reminder as to why I'm glad I moved away from NY.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:59 PM   #13
BB127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y88 TA View Post
Curious how much they're asking for it?
$25k CAD, I offered them $20k with some rationale we’ll see what they say.

Update:

They only took $500 off not willing to sell for less.
I pointed out the gaps in history and I ran another vin check and it may have been used as a rental. I have never seen such a weird history. Anyway going to pass and wait for a better example. Thanks for your input my forum friends.

Last edited by BB127; 07-19-2023 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-22-2023, 08:42 AM   #14
kevinsstelly

Drives: kia cerato
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB127 View Post
Yes they use salt and sand - more sand where this car has registered though.Check it out. East coast cars are the ones to avoid as they salt a lot out that way.

I do think daily at least for a few years.
And I also think that here the actions to the car were just terrible! No maintenance has obviously been done and the price should be low enough!

Last edited by kevinsstelly; 07-28-2023 at 05:58 AM.
kevinsstelly is offline   Reply With Quote