Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2022, 09:30 AM   #1
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Driveway Ramps

Who else has had to do this? Makes life much easier. I just wish I'd have done it sooner. Before my Hi-Flow Cats got flattened by the end of my Driveway.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
How lowered are you?
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:24 PM   #3
SSFury

1" in the Rear, 1 1/4" in the Front.
Old 11-15-2022, 03:21 PM   #4
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What brand are they?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:58 PM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I just take my driveway at a hard angle. This does seem like a neat idea though.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:04 PM   #6
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
No issues with Camaros, but my Z06 with the full aero kit is a problem. I had my driveway flattened on the bottom, but my bigger issue is the overall angle of the climb up my driveway. I dropped my Z on the factory bolts (7/8 upfront, 1" rear) but after my wife screamed at me to stop while I was backing out of the driveway for a test run because I was going to leave my CF splitter behind, I quickly lifted the car back up. Full 45 degrees on the way out, and I spray paint red guidelines at the bottom of the driveway for pulling in. I simply line up the lines in my front cameras and pull right in. Sucks, but it works.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:37 PM   #7
Cyber/Orange10
Cyber/orange10

Drives: 2010 2SS 96 CE LT4, 12 CRUZE ECO
Send a message via AIM to Cyber/Orange10
look for a company who will do curb cuts, cut the concrete. ours was done when we started to build our house. might be someone around.
Cyber/Orange10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:46 PM   #8
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
No issues with Camaros, but my Z06 with the full aero kit is a problem. I had my driveway flattened on the bottom, but my bigger issue is the overall angle of the climb up my driveway. I dropped my Z on the factory bolts (7/8 upfront, 1" rear) but after my wife screamed at me to stop while I was backing out of the driveway for a test run because I was going to leave my CF splitter behind, I quickly lifted the car back up. Full 45 degrees on the way out, and I spray paint red guidelines at the bottom of the driveway for pulling in. I simply line up the lines in my front cameras and pull right in. Sucks, but it works.
Same here. I put the Ivan Tampi diffuser on the rear and it hangs a good deal lower than stock. Even the neighbors commented about how slow I go in and out of my driveway. But the camaro has no issues at stock ride height.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #9
SSFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
What brand are they?
They are Vevor's. Sell on amazon for about $75 for a 4 ft section.
Stock ride height I didnt have any problems either. It wasn't till adding Kooks Long Tubes with Hi-Flow Cats and lowering it that I had problems.

Thought about doing cement work on the curb itself, but our community is big into the HOA thing, and an "Easier" solution seemed like less of a fight. My neighbors already hate how loud the car is, don't need to make anyone angry by "Modifying" the cement.