Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #1
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Custom Rear Seat Delete Idea

Just sharing an idea I had. I made a custom Plexiglass cupholder then put black vinyl stripes on it and color matched orange paint to it. I then put a red LED inside it, so at night it lights up. Its Subtle, But I like it.

Now I'm thinking about doing the same thing with the rear seat. I already have the plexiglass. Thinking about putting black vinyl stripes on it, and painting it orange to fit the theme of the car. Now my idea is to put Orange LED's in the trunk so that orange light shines through into the car at night.. kind of a display piece. Just not sure how... annoying that would be for it to always be on, to have orange light coming from behind you constantly. But I'm not the world's best electrician, and not sure what there is to tap into back there other than just the trunk light, which would turn off whenever the trunk is closed.

I love my footwell lights. Theyre on for a bit, then gently fade off. Something like that would be great, but not exactly sure how to accomplish that.

Anyone have any cool ideas?
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2022, 05:26 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
that came out nice.wonder if you could use the same circuit the footwell lights are on and tap into it?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:48 AM   #3
11REDSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Why not just use an add a fuse circuit with a switch on it that you hide. That way you do not cut or splice into the wiring and then you can turn it on a and off as you like?
Tune by GPI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Rotofab washer relocation, JRE scoop, JRE Trans dipstick, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR subframe connectors, Polyurethane diff bushing and rear cradle mount's, RSM front crash bar
11REDSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:33 PM   #4
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Good idea. Just trying to avoid running wires across the length of the entire car. Might end up having to do this though.

Also trying to avoid switches as they tend to grow in number the more you mod. But it would be a nice coolness factor.