The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
2014 Corvette at Daytona 500???

Did anybody go to the Daytona 500 and see if the new Corvette made an appearance??
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Did anybody go to the Daytona 500 and see if the new Corvette made an appearance??
wasn't on television so I doubt it was even physically there. New SS was the official pace car - logical since that is GM's new NASCAR look. There's a precedent for the new 'Vette to be the pace car at Indy prior to production release. We'll see what they decide on.........
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
wasn't on television so I doubt it was even physically there. New SS was the official pace car - logical since that is GM's new NASCAR look. There's a precedent for the new 'Vette to be the pace car at Indy prior to production release. We'll see what they decide on.........
At last years Daytona 500 Chevy brought down multiple ZL1's and put them on display at the Chevy display area. This was before the ZL1's were released from their Quality Control containment. Chevy usually has a large display at large NASCAR events and Barrett-Jackson Auctions. It would make sense for Chevy to display the car even if I believe they will have a hard time keeping up with demand. I know that there are only two display cars right now so that will definitely make it difficult to make multiple appearances.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
volsfan0911

:sad: unfortunately, I agree with you. Given the general amount of drooling over the C7, I think demand is going to outstrip supply the first year at least. Bad news for enthusiasts, great news for Chevy. Went back and checked Twitter - no one mentioned or tagged a 'Vette at all that I could see. Typically I would take that as "it wasn't there". And the show at the Petersen is coming up soon so that probably means at least the red Z51 Stingray is spoken for if not both cars heading west for that. Maybe Sebring or Carlisle will see a C7 appearance?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
racer50200

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS Camaro 6M
Even more surprising to me was the absence of a C7 Corvette at the 24 Hours of Daytona just a few weeks ago.

Certainly the target buyer is more in line with Road Racing than NASCAR. It would have been the perfect debut on an International stage given the number of Audi, Porsche, Ferrari and GM fans in attendance. It would have been so right....!!
racer50200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
There's only a few show-worthy C7s that have even been built. There isn't enough to go around.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
volsfan0911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
There's only a few show-worthy C7s that have even been built. There isn't enough to go around.
This. I still stick with an appearance at Indy though. Huge audience, dead smack on target from a marketing standpoint and there's definitely a precedent. I remember reading somewhere that actual production would start in August so probably not pace car duty coming up but I would think they'd have at least one of the pre-production models there for folks to drool over.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
yenkotown

Drives: Hyundai 2.0T 10 former Corvettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer50200 View Post
Even more surprising to me was the absence of a C7 Corvette at the 24 Hours of Daytona just a few weeks ago.

Certainly the target buyer is more in line with Road Racing than NASCAR. It would have been the perfect debut on an International stage given the number of Audi, Porsche, Ferrari and GM fans in attendance. It would have been so right....!!
I still bet there will be one at Sebring......
yenkotown is offline   Reply With Quote