Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #1191
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #1192
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Anyone else meeting us there? We should probably be leaving by 8:30 so a few minutes earlier would be good! Looks like you, me and Sunset so far.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #1193
Sunset6928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Sunset will be there at sunrise! LolJust one thing. Are we meeting at T&A truck stop, or just off thruway at service area.

Last edited by Sunset6928; 04-19-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Question
Sunset6928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #1194
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Well guys sorry to say but I won't be going tomorrow! I have issues with my catch can check valve making a bad noise. I talked to Tracy at RX and he said to replace the NPT elbow with a standard fitting that doesn't have the valve but I can't find one locally. I bypassed the catch can but the engine runs like it's on the low octane table. My tuner says I HAVE to run with the catch can in because that's the way it's tuned! So tomorrow I'll spend the day trying to track down a fitting that will fit! I have no time tonight to do it! Have fun everyone!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #1195
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Well guys sorry to say but I won't be going tomorrow! I have issues with my catch can check valve making a bad noise. I talked to Tracy at RX and he said to replace the NPT elbow with a standard fitting that doesn't have the valve but I can't find one locally. I bypassed the catch can but the engine runs like it's on the low octane table. My tuner says I HAVE to run with the catch can in because that's the way it's tuned! So tomorrow I'll spend the day trying to track down a fitting that will fit! I have no time tonight to do it! Have fun everyone!
:( Let us know how that goes...
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #1196
Mr. Wyndham

I'm re-investigating this idea:

Suppose a $125, or less (entry fee to the track), all-day track day was organized at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan? It'd include a six-hour (short as far as road-trips go, if you ask me...) Camarovan through Canada to the Grand Rapids area of Michigan...for a full day of a High Performance Driving Event [HPDE]. No "parade laps"...no "take it easy"...I'm taking about a full-throttle, tire-screaching track day!!.

There'd most likely be driving instructors on-hand to assist...and each of us would have around two hours track time....Gingerman is one of the most fun, yet safest tracks in the region to truly stretch your Camaro's legs. It is where the 1LE media drive took place when that car was launched.

V6s could have just as much fun as 1LEs or ZL1s...and we'd have a great "back-porch" Camaro social gathering at a hotel with the other Camaro folks who've traveled to be there?

It would probably be on a Friday to keep costs low for the attendees.

I'm currently working out the details with the track, and a couple sponsors, and I was hoping to get a few more takers from the Buffalo Crew to make the trip there interesting.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #1197
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

Suppose a $125, or less (entry fee to the track), all-day track day was organized at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan? It'd include a six-hour (short as far as road-trips go, if you ask me...) Camarovan through Canada to the Grand Rapids area of Michigan...for a full day of a High Performance Driving Event [HPDE]. No "parade laps"...no "take it easy"...I'm taking about a full-throttle, tire-screaching track day!!.

There'd most likely be driving instructors on-hand to assist...and each of us would have around two hours track time....Gingerman is one of the most fun, yet safest tracks in the region to truly stretch your Camaro's legs. It is where the 1LE media drive took place when that car was launched.

V6s could have just as much fun as 1LEs or ZL1s...and we'd have a great "back-porch" Camaro social gathering at a hotel with the other Camaro folks who've traveled to be there?

I'm currently working out the details with the track, and a couple sponsors, and I was hoping to get a few more takers from the Buffalo Crew to make the trip there interesting.
I would be very interested in a event like this
Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #1198
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
I'll be in Grand Rapids in June for the Founders Fest. If this track event takes place on the same weekend count me in.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #1199
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
:( Let us know how that goes...
Fixed it with brass NPT fittings!
Quote:

Sounds like a winner to me! Any idea of when this would happen?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #1200
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
I'll be in Grand Rapids in June for the Founders Fest. If this track event takes place on the same weekend count me in.

Quote:
Fixed it with brass NPT fittings!

Sounds like a winner to me! Any idea of when this would happen?
I think we're toying around with June 28th...availability is pretty limited for them...ideally, I should have contacted them earlier in the year....but I was a bit preoccupied with the Fest.

Nothing's nailed down yet...but obviously attendance is a must - and it's not restricted to Camaro5 members...if you know someone that has a Camaro (of any model year), and wants to drive their car the way it was designed to be....get them interested.

I'll let you guys know more as "the situation develops".
Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #1201
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Oh crap! Not June 28th that's the 6 hours at the Glen/Camaro coral weekend! Are there any other dates being discussed?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #1202
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Oh crap! Not June 28th that's the 6 hours at the Glen/Camaro coral weekend! Are there any other dates being discussed?
Possibly. That was a date suggested to me based on availability of Gingerman...but it sounded as though it wasn't the only date.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #1203
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
X2, I already have my Glen tickets.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #1204
IRAGEandQUIT

Drives: 2014 SSE Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
New member here from West Seneca, just saying hello.

Innovative Tuning is the place to go for us WNY'ers?
IRAGEandQUIT is offline   Reply With Quote