The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Trouble fitting in your C7? Try this:

For those who are having a difficult time with fitting in their car, especially while getting in or out, try this:

The apparent default setting has the driver seat going to the Memory position upon opening the door, not going to the Easy Entry position. To change this, go to the Home screen on the infotainment center. Select Settings. Scroll down to Comfort and Convenience. Select Auto Memory Recall, then turn it OFF. This will then allow the seat to automatically move all the way back and the steering wheel forward and up upon opening the door, and they will remain in this position until you get back in the car and hit one of the memory buttons on the door.

Also, is seems the memory presets will not automatically adjust everything with one touch while the car is in gear. You'll have to hold the button or put it back in neutral (at least in my 7-spd).

Hope this helps!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
dennisW
Dennis

Drives: c3, c4
thanks for this hint - I had mine set at ON, and the seat went back to let me exit, but then when I opened the door to enter, the seat went forward - seems like it should have been just the opposite.
dennisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Corvette7Tuning

Drives: 2014 corvette stingray
Good Post!

www.Corvette7Tuning.com
Corvette7Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I got to play with all these setting. Couldnt find volume for a min.. till finally find on steering wheel

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
urrtoast

Drives: Older
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
For those who are having a difficult time with fitting in their car, especially while getting in or out, try this:

The apparent default setting has the driver seat going to the Memory position upon opening the door, not going to the Easy Entry position. To change this, go to the Home screen on the infotainment center. Select Settings. Scroll down to Comfort and Convenience. Select Auto Memory Recall, then turn it OFF. This will then allow the seat to automatically move all the way back and the steering wheel forward and up upon opening the door, and they will remain in this position until you get back in the car and hit one of the memory buttons on the door.

Also, is seems the memory presets will not automatically adjust everything with one touch while the car is in gear. You'll have to hold the button or put it back in neutral (at least in my 7-spd).

Hope this helps!

Nice find
urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
SCM_Crash

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT
Holding the memory button is sucky. I do it every time. But if the auto recall isn't going to wait for the door to shut, the memory button needs to be 1-touch.
2002 Corvette Z06
2003 Corvette Z06

2014 Corvette Z51
SCM_Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
The memory buttons ARE one-touch. It appears that Auto Memory Recall isn't what we would think: it actually adjusts the the seat to the memory preset as soon a you open the door from the outside, which unless you're a child, makes getting into the driver seat a bit challenging. By turning that off AND turning on the Easy Entry/Exit, the seat moves all the way back as soon as you press the door latch button from the inside, and keeps it there until you get back in and hit one of the memory buttons. I find that if I hit the memory button too quickly, it doesn't register as one-touch, but press the button a tiny hint slower it does work just fine. I have a similar problem with computer keyboards that don't have detents and end up using spell-check a lot.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote