The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-14-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Headed to Daytona

Leaving Friday for Fla., and the Daytona 500.

Going to spend the week in Orlando and visit Disney World as well. Looking forward to enjoying some warm weather too!

Resting the voice now so when the &*^% Toyota's are introduced, I can boo/yell loudly.

Go 8!!!

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Nice
Those Toyotas still need to get dialed in.

Daytona is one of the favorite tracks to visit for sure!!!!!
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
moose im a big jr fan also hope he wins gots a very fast car i wish i was there maybe next year hope u have fun gooooo jr 8,1,15 cars dei
1bad67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Nice
Those Toyotas still need to get dialed in.

Daytona is one of the favorite tracks to visit for sure!!!!!
I agree Joe. Alot to do down there. I also have gone to Charlotte and Talladega each year. But I chose not to renew Talladega this year.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
moose im a big jr fan also hope he wins gots a very fast car i wish i was there maybe next year hope u have fun gooooo jr 8,1,15 cars dei
DEI... I was there when Jr. won the 500 and even had my pic. taken standing next to his car.

I was there also when Sr. won it in '98, and when he was killed...:( '98 was THE GREATEST moment for me, being there in person, and '01 was TERRIBLE. :( :( :( I can still hear Childress calling to him on the radio (scanner) and the moment I heard he was gone.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
'01 was TERRIBLE. :( :( :( I can still hear Childress calling to him on the radio (scanner) and the moment I heard he was gone.
that would be horrible :(

Daytona and Talladega are my favorites
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

MOOSE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK LITTLE E IS GOING TO DO do you think she going to give him what jr wants i wish i seen big e win that race also seen little e win i hope he wins theis year he needs to big jr fan i am i think if he wins he will re sign with dei moose your the man
Old 02-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
I fly to Orlando tomorrow morning!
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
MOOSE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK LITTLE E IS GOING TO DO do you think she going to give him what jr wants i wish i seen big e win that race also seen little e win i hope he wins theis year he needs to big jr fan i am i think if he wins he will re sign with dei moose your the man
I think it's pretty safe to say that Little E will remain with DEI. I've been following his situation, and one thing I liked, alot of drivers feel he should remain at DEI. I cannot see him leaving the team his father created. IN the end, he and Teresa will get this worked out.

As for the 500, Jr. can't seem to get alot of help during the race. He has teammates as well as working well with Stewart, so never count him out. I know he'll have ALOT of fans urging him on.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
Moose

Waltrip is an a-hole. Glad NASCAR hit him hard! Wish they had banned his A@@ for the 500.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nascar/nextel/35387/
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #11
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Toyota should get the #@%& out of nascar the sport will be tainted with their presence it has been since they started to compete in the Craftsman Trucks series. the sport was started by moonshiners and night runners Guaranteed that there were no foreign jobs running from the revenaures through the night. And yes i know that nascar has been tainted for a long time with all of the corprate sponsers, however the manufactures who foot most of the bill besides the team owners were all around in the early days of nascar when daytona was just a track on the beach. any who now that ive got my anti foreign car rant out for the day have a great time all who are going and I hope all of the toyotas accidentaly end up in wrecks and cant finish the race On the note of Jr and DEI he has asked to become president of the company and i think he will eventually get whole ownership like he deserves. DEI would not seem corect with out him in the drivers seat.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

waltrip got his penelty today big one i think there not going to let him run man owning your own team is not ezy at all go chevy!!!!!!!!! dei 1,8,15 cars
Old 02-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #13
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
No he had to be talked into racing by Toyota and his wife. Toyota's pissed that his team tainted their debut into Nextel. He has to race his way into Daytona in the Gatorade Duels today.
http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9999384
His team lost their crew chief and team director indefinitely from the sport. All i have to say is whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha severs them right. The point behind nascar is for all the teams to have "identical" cars to see who is the best driver/crew combination not who can figure out how to cheat. Proves that his Toyota team is not prepared to race in Nascar. After he drifted to the back of the pack at the Budweiser shootout it was obvious they need to go back to the drawing board. This event is just the icing on the cake.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Moose

In the process of making my "FU Toyota" shirt for the race.