The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
PT145SS

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2008 MB E50, 2004 RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
eh, any p*ssy can pull a trigger.
Quote:
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- In an apparent case of road rage, a motorist shot a driver to death who threatened him with a baseball bat.
Police said that the shooting just after midnight on New Year's Day appeared to be in self-defense, so they didn't plan to charge 24-year-old Brian Correa.
"It was apparent to us that he was defending himself," said police spokesman Sgt. Gabe Trevino, who added that the shooter had a license to carry a concealed weapon.
Correa shot the 24-year-old driver three times with a handgun, a police report said. The Bexar County medical examiner's office identified the deceased driver as Tomas Garza.
Correa and several witnesses quoted in the report said that Garza had maneuvered his Mitsubishi Lancer behind Correa's Chevrolet Camaro around 1 a.m. Tuesday and began driving aggressively, trying to hit the Camaro.
When the cars came to a stop at a traffic light, Garza got out and hit the Camaro several times with the bat, according to the police report.
Correa told Garza to stop, but Garza began toward him so Correa fired at him, according to the report.
Witnesses corroborated Correa's account with police.
"I'm still really shaken up. I don't really want to talk about it at all," Correa told a reporter with the San Antonio Express-News when contacted at his home.
Would you risk taking a bat to the head and get after him?
PT145SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT145SS View Post
Would you risk taking a bat to the head and get after him?
Nope. Thanks for sharing that story.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #17
Vulpine
'the Outcast'

Drives: N/A
Exclamation just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
All that was reported is that he was involved in two other incidents earlier this year. Obviously they didn't end up in death, but it makes one wonder when one guy is involved in 3 incidents in a year.
I'm sorry but coming from a law enforcement background that guy should have lost his right to carry...I think AZ gun laws are really lenient from what I hear about concealed weapons. But if I were in his area, and he was involved in three gun cases in one year something would have to be done. Guess they are waiting till he shots the wrong person or a bystander.
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Once, I honked at a guy (just a little beep beep, not laying on the horn) for cutting me off as I was taking an exit. When we were stopped at the light, he got out of his car and started walking towards mine... I just about peed my pants thinking I was about to get shot, then he comes up and says "sorry, I didn't mean to cut you off"... Whew!
That would make me feel good for that day, not many decent people like that left in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
I'm sorry but coming from a law enforcement background that guy should have lost his right to carry...I think AZ gun laws are really lenient from what I hear about concealed weapons. But if I were in his area, and he was involved in three gun cases in one year something would have to be done. Guess they are waiting till he shots the wrong person or a bystander.
According to the new report quoted above:
Quote:
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- In an apparent case of road rage, a motorist shot a driver to death who threatened him with a baseball bat.
Police said that the shooting just after midnight on New Year's Day appeared to be in self-defense, so they didn't plan to charge 24-year-old Brian Correa.
"It was apparent to us that he was defending himself," said police spokesman Sgt. Gabe Trevino, who added that the shooter had a license to carry a concealed weapon.
Correa shot the 24-year-old driver three times with a handgun, a police report said. The Bexar County medical examiner's office identified the deceased driver as Tomas Garza.
Correa and several witnesses quoted in the report said that Garza had maneuvered his Mitsubishi Lancer behind Correa's Chevrolet Camaro around 1 a.m. Tuesday and began driving aggressively, trying to hit the Camaro.
When the cars came to a stop at a traffic light, Garza got out and hit the Camaro several times with the bat, according to the police report.
Correa told Garza to stop, but Garza began toward him so Correa fired at him, according to the report.
Witnesses corroborated Correa's account with police.
"I'm still really shaken up. I don't really want to talk about it at all," Correa told a reporter with the San Antonio Express-News when contacted at his home.
Yeah, I'd say that's fully justified. Idiot got what he deserved. Might sounds a bit cold, but if you're dumb enough to start beating on someone else's car with a bat, and think that they aren't going to be scared for their life and willing to kill to defend themselves, you deserve the darwin award that's coming to you. Hope the guy's Camaro wasn't dented too bad.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #19
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Brokinarrow, I think Vulpine was talking about the OP story, not yours. I agree with you though, that the guy with the baseball bat got what he had coming.

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #20
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
I just think if your gonna get out of your car and try to get into someone elses in an aggressive or violent manner??.. well then.. you kinda maybe should have thought about it before you attempted ya know. Same applies to the door of my house. We also do not know the facts of the prior incidents so it is hard to speculate other then the exact threat that existed to the individual who was in his car and was not the aggressor. Huge difference between perception based on media and direct situational insight.
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #21
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
I just think if your gonna get out of your car and try to get into someone elses in an aggressive or violent manner??.. well then.. you kinda maybe should have thought about it before you attempted ya know. Same applies to the door of my house. We also do not know the facts of the prior incidents so it is hard to speculate other then the exact threat that existed to the individual who was in his car and was not the aggressor. Huge difference between perception based on media and direct situational insight.
Very true.