Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
My wife wants to put our tax return towards her car payment so we have less to pay when we get my Camaro. Now, is that a cool wife, or what?

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #30
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
My wife doesn't really have a problem with me buying the new Camaro, but she wants me to trade in my truck. I REALLY don't want to do that so I don't have to drive the Camaro all the time or in the winter. So, hopefully when the time comes I won't have to do it.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #31
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
My wife doesn't really have a problem with me buying the new Camaro, but she wants me to trade in my truck. I REALLY don't want to do that so I don't have to drive the Camaro all the time or in the winter. So, hopefully when the time comes I won't have to do it.
Man, I am right there with you! that is my situation to the Tee! It will kill me to sell my truck as it was the first vehicle I bought new and I have put so much time, money, and effort into it. Everyone knows me by my truck since there is not another like it around here, so it has in essence become part of my identity. By the time the Camaro comes out we will have bought our house, so i hope to use that as leverage.... have to have a truck for all of those home improvement projects!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #32
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Wow... i would give my left arm if my wife shared the same passion for cars and the Camaro in particular as myself.

Although she is pretty accepting of the fact that I will get one when it comes out. However, that could also be due to the fact that she absolutely HATES my truck and would welcome anything that doesn't sit 4 feet in the air.
Man me and you are just the opposit My truck sets 3 inches off the groud and she wants it to be higher and to be a Ford. I kinda was alittle rude and said,"people in hell want ice water too." That is when I stuck my foot in my mouth and shut up.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #33
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Man, I am right there with you! that is my situation to the Tee! It will kill me to sell my truck as it was the first vehicle I bought new and I have put so much time, money, and effort into it. Everyone knows me by my truck since there is not another like it around here, so it has in essence become part of my identity. By the time the Camaro comes out we will have bought our house, so i hope to use that as leverage.... have to have a truck for all of those home improvement projects!

I hear you. It's amazing how much you actually USE the truck to haul crap. My truck was my first new vehicle as well. Prior to that all my vehicles were used.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #34
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Well, I am here in Chicago and for right now I own a 96 Lumina and I plan on keeping it for when the Camaro comes. But my wife told me that we must be in our own home by time the Camaro comes out. Which is fine because Chicago is brutal on rear-wheel drive cars. So I'll keep my Lumina running like a champ for the next year or two(she has 106K miles so far) so that I can truely enjoy DADDY"S TOY!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:39 AM   #35
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
that black model with the red stripes was exactly what i wanted mine to look like. some nice deep dish black 22's on the back and some 20's on the front. very nice
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #36
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
Which is fine because Chicago is brutal on rear-wheel drive cars. So I'll keep my Lumina running like a champ for the next year or two(she has 106K miles so far) so that I can truely enjoy DADDY"S TOY!
Tell me about it! I just moved to Indy from Chicago a few months ago after finishing graduate school up there. I was heading to school last winter when, as you may very well remember, we got a huge snow storm right in the middle of the day (around 4:00 or so). I had my truck at that time as well. I knew I was going to be late anyway as it was rush hour with a foot of snow, so I just started pulling people out of ditches. I think I made like $200 in "donations" so I wasn't complaining.... except it took me 3 hours to get home from Elmhurst to Naperville.... Grrrrrrrrrr. I don't miss Chicago traffic!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote