Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #29
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
thanks guys finally somewhere i can tell my story and not get critized for it friends will tell you its worth it or say things like you were scared or what not

but i really love this car and want it to be cherry no scratches dents etc
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #30
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Upgrade this young man to a 2SS
Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #31
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarofanatic View Post
ever since i got my camaro everyone and their mother wants to race on the street....im not into street racing im 19 and already have high insurances rates and i dont want to put my pride and joy (2lt camaro) in harm but i gotta say the funniest thing happen i was crusing on the highway and kid in a bullet edition mustangs pulls up next to me doing the fast and the furious head nod wanting to race i just waved him off he floors and about 7 cars lengths ahead of me a unmarked car pulls onto the highways turns his lights on and goes after the mustang

when i passed i waved and thought "another one bites the dust" and then a feeling of relief came over me that it wasnt me sitting on the side of the road getting ticketed and the worse part would be explaining to my parents why i got the ticket

but it did make me feel good that it was a mustang and not a another chevy guy getting a ticket
Not to get off of the topic, but it would be much easier to read your post if it included punctuation. Nice job for not acting like a fool in your car, but a simple period or comma occasionally would be nice. I guess this is what our world is coming to with text messaging, internet ready I-Phones & e-mail in the palm of your hands. Sometimes technology is great when you are young and sometimes it just creates lazy adults! This is just MHO!
gac458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #32
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
ever since i got my camaro everyone and their mother wants to race on the street....im not into street racing im 19 and already have high insurances rates and i dont want to put my pride and joy (2lt camaro) in harm but i gotta say the funniest thing happen i was crusing on the highway and kid in a bullet edition mustangs pulls up next to me doing the fast and the furious head nod wanting to race i just waved him off he floors and about 7 cars lengths ahead of me a unmarked car pulls onto the highways turns his lights on and goes after the mustang

when i passed i waved and thought "another one bites the dust" and then a feeling of relief came over me that it wasnt me sitting on the side of the road getting ticketed and the worse part would be explaining to my parents why i got the ticket

but it did make me feel good that it was a mustang and not a another chevy guy getting a ticket
Good on you, shame on the Bullit for picking on a 6 banger!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #33
silentbob

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
I give the kid props. I know I didn't reserve myself when I had my old mustang, I raced people every now and then, never got hurt. Nowdays, I only get challenged by one car, the trans am. Almost every time I run into one, they follow me around trying to get me to go. I only obliged once when the road was pretty empty, even then I let off after we got over a 100. Something about people with TA's, they act like they have to prove their LS1 is still better than my S197.
silentbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #34
scooter82
"sarge"

Drives: not ordered yet May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
Good story! Imagine that, a level headed 19 yr old. My hats off to ya brotha.
x 100! GOOD call!
scooter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #35
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

What's funny about this is, it brings to mind the technology Ford has available in the Fusion and will soon be rolling out to more of their cars. You may have heard of it, I forget what it's called, but it's basically the "parrent key".

Parents who let their kids use the car can program the special key to limit top speed, adjust gas pedal calibration so you don't get full acceleration, limit radio volume, and prevent the car from going faster that 15 mph if the front seatbelts are not buckled!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #36
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
GOOD FOR YOU, USING YOUR HEAD NOT YOUR FOOT
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #37
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
Good on you, shame on the Bullit for picking on a 6 banger!
That's because he knows an SS would hand him his ass!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #38
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I've only had 2 people want to race me in the last month and a half... One I was too close to my exit on the highway to even bother. The other... Well, he turned around and headed back the other direction after I passed him.

It's actually a little disappointing. LOL
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:03/31/2009 (or shortly before)
3100 = Sequenced: ????
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 04/18/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 04/28/2009
3800 = Produced: 05/05/09 VIN#7607
4150 = Invoiced: 05/15/09 (dealer received)
4200 = Shipped: 05/05/09 (according to the dealer)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 05/26/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 05/26/09
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #39
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gac458 View Post
Not to get off of the topic, but it would be much easier to read your post if it included punctuation. Nice job for not acting like a fool in your car, but a simple period or comma occasionally would be nice. I guess this is what our world is coming to with text messaging, internet ready I-Phones & e-mail in the palm of your hands. Sometimes technology is great when you are young and sometimes it just creates lazy adults! This is just MHO!
i would like to say sorry...you hit it on the head texting does that to you. and i type really fast too. ill try and keep it in mind next time i post....

and NO i dont want a SS to much power for me 304 is alot, i cant imagine 426hps wow
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote