Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I have a 17 SS Vert love it no issues owned it since April of this year.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I don't mean to dampen the party or trash talk so don't get me wrong but I was wondering if anyone happened to know this.. Alot of the "cheaper" used 2SS's in my area are actually all convertables and none of them are hard tops and I was wondering if anyone might know why... By cheaper I mean like up to 10k miles and about $35 - $37k (which is about $15k off MSRP) ...anyone know why more of these are on the market than Hard Tops?
In my view Camaro convertibles don't retain as much of their value in general versus the coupes mainly because GM seems to fleet them out to rental companies and they then end up at auction in larger numbers as low mileage current model year units. In my research just in the last month over 160 2017 verts have gone through one of the largest national auto auctions, most seem to be rental units. Ford seems to fleet even higher numbers of mustang convertibles for rentals. This happens mostly because convertibles are highly desirable as a rental. Sadly it can have a negative effect on used car values.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #17
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I don't mean to dampen the party or trash talk so don't get me wrong but I was wondering if anyone happened to know this.. Alot of the "cheaper" used 2SS's in my area are actually all convertables and none of them are hard tops and I was wondering if anyone might know why... By cheaper I mean like up to 10k miles and about $35 - $37k (which is about $15k off MSRP) ...anyone know why more of these are on the market than Hard Tops?

Options... how the car is equipped makes all the difference. With the Vert adding a premium to the car, I think some buyers will cut corners when it comes to options to curb the cost.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
This is the end of the 2nd season on My 2SS Vert and I have had ZERO Problems, LOVE,LOVE LOVE this Car, I would Recommend 1 to anyone that likes Top Down Cruzin!!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #19
Jordonc2

Drives: Not a Camaro yet
The inexpensive ones you mentioned at $31k are fleet vehicles. Make sure the are in good shape and ask for extended warranty. Should be fine.
Jordonc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #20
Chazzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Options... how the car is equipped makes all the difference. With the Vert adding a premium to the car, I think some buyers will cut corners when it comes to options to curb the cost.
While this may be true it doesn't tell the whole strory. Go to KBB and compare the used car values of the 2017 SS coupe and convertible both with no added options in good condition with 100 miles and in the same color. The coupe according to their info is worth about $1500 more. I'm not an expert so I can't explain the reason, but I think it has more to do with fleeting the verts to the rental companies than anything else.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:34 PM   #21
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordonc2 View Post
The inexpensive ones you mentioned at $31k are fleet vehicles. Make sure the are in good shape and ask for extended warranty. Should be fine.
By fleet vehicles he means RENTALS. Just be aware of that going in and get an extended warranty. Rental fleets dont see many coupes but lots of verts. Chances are the SS and the Turbo rentals have never had a drop of premium fuel put in them and they get driven like they are stolen.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #22
LanceMagnum

Drives: C5 Corvette
Just be careful with the tonneau...

Tell your back seat passengers not to press on the retracting flap in the tonneau (near the door jamb) as they get out of the car - it breaks easily.
LanceMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #23
Chazzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
By fleet vehicles he means RENTALS. Just be aware of that going in and get an extended warranty. Rental fleets dont see many coupes but lots of verts. Chances are the SS and the Turbo rentals have never had a drop of premium fuel put in them and they get driven like they are stolen.
Exactly, 2017 1SS verts are going for only $26,700 on average with about 14K miles at auction right now. That's on a car that with an MSRP of 44K before any options. Still I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a chance with my hard earned $ on a rental.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #24
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
There's a 2017 vert rs 2ltd v6 for 32 grand 33 miles. Yah or nah? Thing is that thing has been sitting in the lot for months..employees are telling me no one wants a convertable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #25
Chazzz

I see you are in Arizona and possibly with the hot weather convertibles overall may not be in high demand there. Also check the build date in the door jam. If the car has been sitting baking in the hot sun for many months you may want to look it over very well. Especially the paint, trim and rubber moldings. The Camaro verts are awesome cars and a lot of fun. They aren't the most practical car but neither are the coupes. It sounds like you might be able to negotiate an amazing deal on that 2LT you are looking at. If you decide it's for you I would shoot for 30% off of MSRP or more, in addition to your loyalty discount!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #26
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
I see you are in Arizona and possibly with the hot weather convertibles overall may not be in high demand there. Also check the build date in the door jam. If the car has been sitting baking in the hot sun for many months you may want to look it over very well. Especially the paint, trim and rubber moldings. The Camaro verts are awesome cars and a lot of fun. They aren't the most practical car but neither are the coupes. It sounds like you might be able to negotiate an amazing deal on that 2LT you are looking at. If you decide it's for you I would shoot for 30% off of MSRP or more, in addition to your loyalty discount!

Cool I'll check it out but it has been sitting I would say since March or before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote