The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 08-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Stingray949

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
I have confirmed Production has started.

Due to the fact I am impatient and want my car, I set out on a mission to find out what in the hell is really going on at Bowling Green.

I started with the online chat. No go, my vehicle has been "accepted" but does not have a TPW.

I spoke with the GM chat person, and he stated he makes "internal" calls to check progress. After a lengthy conversation, and me claiming I was close to canceling my order because of GM keeping me in the dark for months, he gave me a phone number to a contact at Bowling Green. Out of respect of this persons job, I will not give out this number.

I called the number, and spoke with a very nice lady. She basically was in defense mode and I felt as if her mission was to calm me down and ensure that my car was close to being built and there is no reason to cancel my order.

She went on to say that production has begun on the new 2014 Corvette. I quickly asked for clarification as to if this meant "customer sold" vehicles or more test fleet cars. She said that limited production on customer sold cars has begun as of last week, and that only a "few orders have been pushed through as of now. These cars are undergoing strict quality checks before production ramps up to full speed. This makes sure less-than-perfect vehicles are not built and then mistakenly delivered and having to be recalled shortly thereafter. Please be patient as production control is expecting full speed customer production very soon." I also stated that is there any hard dates to work off as I sold my main vehicle and need one ASAP. She simply reiterated that "your order could even be one that has been built, but the current ordering system would not have this information until the production control approved full speed production and then the systems reflect actual progress".

Hope this helps.. trying to be patient here...
Stingray949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Well.. its encouraging.. I have a deposit on a convertible and don't even have an order number yet.
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
JoeG

Drives: 2014 Corvette Laguna Blue Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray949 View Post
Due to the fact I am impatient and want my car, I set out on a mission to find out what in the hell is really going on at Bowling Green.

I started with the online chat. No go, my vehicle has been "accepted" but does not have a TPW.

I spoke with the GM chat person, and he stated he makes "internal" calls to check progress. After a lengthy conversation, and me claiming I was close to canceling my order because of GM keeping me in the dark for months, he gave me a phone number to a contact at Bowling Green. Out of respect of this persons job, I will not give out this number.

I called the number, and spoke with a very nice lady. She basically was in defense mode and I felt as if her mission was to calm me down and ensure that my car was close to being built and there is no reason to cancel my order.

She went on to say that production has begun on the new 2014 Corvette. I quickly asked for clarification as to if this meant "customer sold" vehicles or more test fleet cars. She said that limited production on customer sold cars has begun as of last week, and that only a "few orders have been pushed through as of now. These cars are undergoing strict quality checks before production ramps up to full speed. This makes sure less-than-perfect vehicles are not built and then mistakenly delivered and having to be recalled shortly thereafter. Please be patient as production control is expecting full speed customer production very soon." I also stated that is there any hard dates to work off as I sold my main vehicle and need one ASAP. She simply reiterated that "your order could even be one that has been built, but the current ordering system would not have this information until the production control approved full speed production and then the systems reflect actual progress".

Hope this helps.. trying to be patient here...
I did an online chat with Chevy yesterday afternoon. The rep asked for the usual info and then they asked what model. I informed them I was inquiring about my 2014 Corvette order. Then the waiting began and the rep I was chatting with apologized several times saying they were trying to obtain a status. It took nearly 10 minutes before the Rep said that production hadn't started yet and that I should check back next week. A little while later it occurred to me that if production hadn't started it wouldn't have taken the Rep so long to find that out.
JoeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
I have heard from other sources it started last Friday not 100% on this but it's what many not just this forum or anyone who is on order said... Also GM did say they will NOT tell us when it will start... Never said that they won't tell us if we asked after the fact
Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
C7BOB

Drives: 2012 C6 COUPE
I read on another forum that Rick Hendrick's car (#1) has been built, and they are building about 20 cars a day.

2005 LeMans Blue coupe, black int., A4, 1SB, NCM Delivery 4/25/2005
2003 gray/black coupe, A4, F55, 12CD, NCM Delivery 9/16/2002
2000 green/tan coupe, A4, NCM Delivery 5/16/2000
1996 CE silver/gray coupe, A4
1993 green/tan coupe, A4
C7BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I think my BS App is going off on my Iphone 5......cause they have said all along that when his car rolls off the production line.....he will be there with Speed TV and start the car and drive it off the line

As Speed TV reports, part of the deal includes a special ceremony at the start of production of the seventh-generation Corvette at the car’s factory in Bowling Green, Kentucky, this summer. Hendrick will be allowed to start up the first car as it exits the production line.
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
I think my BS App is going off on my Iphone 5......cause they have said all along that when his car rolls off the production line.....he will be there with Speed TV and start the car and drive it off the line

As Speed TV reports, part of the deal includes a special ceremony at the start of production of the seventh-generation Corvette at the car’s factory in Bowling Green, Kentucky, this summer. Hendrick will be allowed to start up the first car as it exits the production line.
They were there yes but they will not release the video or statements said during the process until GM has allowed them to do so... Same thing happend with the Camaro and the Camaro ZL1
Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post

No more Speed TV, don't know if Fox committed to that??
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
sotirisf

Drives: C6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Levine View Post
Well.. its encouraging.. I have a deposit on a convertible and don't even have an order number yet.
well you should have an order number by now. Vert orders have been in the system since Aug 8. Either your dealer doesnt have allocation, or you are being jacked around. I gave my dealer a deposit in May for a vert, and on Aug 8 (the first day gm allowed) he sent me the order from GM with an order number. checking the chevy website the order was in the system (although it took 4 days for it to appear).
Better make sure you arent getting screwed with.
sotirisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
C7 Corvette Production has started!

Corvette forum has confirmed that production has started. The line is running slow but is producing sold order cars now.

If you don't believe me go see your self
Old 08-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
Ka Razy

Please note I was not able to get an order # till this last MONDAY. Due to the fact I waited for the comp sport seat option. Had my deposite in months ago...
Allocation #1

06-28-13 Status 1100
11-22-13 Status 2000
11-29-13 Status 3000
12-12-13 Status 3300
12-16-13 Status 3400
01-06-14 Status 3800!!
01-10-14 Status 4B00
01-13-14 Status 4200!!!
02-17-14 Delivered!!!!!!!!!!
Ka Razy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #12
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
To answer the question ariising from the original post, a dealer has posted he is getting 0006. Since Hendricks gets 0001, I wonder who will be getting 0002, 0003, 0004, and 0005?

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #13
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I was just there. Fichtner has posted he is getting 0006. Since he has the VIN that means the car is assembled.

Laborsmith

Fichtner is one of several Corvette dealers who deal nationally. I suppose it helps to be located near an airport. - L
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
To answer the question ariising from the original post, a dealer has posted he is getting 0006. Since Hendricks gets 0001, I wonder who will be getting 0002, 0003, 0004, and 0005?

Laborsmith
I think NCM gets 0002 for their SOLD OUT raffle.
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote