#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 06-07-2020, 05:15 PM   #841
davidwarren

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Putnam Park
1:18.74
SS 1LE; Stock Goodyear SC3, Vorshlag camber plates, ST43 pads in front DS 1.11 in rear

https://youtu.be/LhLo6E-z09I
davidwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #842
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Well TC i think I'm officially taking claim of better front tire wear than you with this set. Unless you have a better set than this pic. I however have to do the higher street pressure to even mine out. I didn't get to actually cord these tires at Nelson Ledges this weekend but they are damn close. Nelson does not have much paved paddock so I had to ask the Instructors/crew if I could pull my car by their trailer to get it on the pavement to swap my fronts after the morning sessions, because i thought and now still think i could have made it through the 2 afternoon sessions with them swapped. But because i was over there in front of them a few instructors and the safety steward came over and told me they didn't want me going out on them (they said i had 3 laps till cords).

Well i had my BRAND NEW 19x10.5s with Kumho V720 ACRs in 295 square with me so I said I could change them all out even though i really didn't want to use them this day. So anyways, i did the swap and to my dismay, 10 min into the session in which i never got a clean lap anyways, my car got extremely squirrely coming out of a corner and my steering wheel was way out of straight coming down the next straightaway. I did a cool down lap and pitted. When i jacked the car up later to swap wheels back for driving home, i found my driver front ACR tire had the inside belts delaminate from the carcass and basically blew up inside the tire. The tire had no leaks and still held air, but this is clearly a defective tire and I'm glad i didn't have a major issue.

FYI I was still within 1 second of my #1 time here with those G3s and I ran a 1:12 flat on the ACRs with some traffic intervention.
Woooahhh, that is scary. I've had this happen in the past with junk trailer tires, but never seen it on a track tire. Glad it didn't blow, that would have been a MESS.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #843
Provoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DRN71 View Post
Hey everyone, the admins approved the transfer of the thread to me (with Provost's blessing) and I should be getting these updated sometime after this weekend.As of right now it looks like the earliest post that hasn't been updated was on page 49, post #681, so it will take me a while to get caught up, but once I do I will try my best to update these as they come in.

Thanks!
Thank for taking over Luan, hopefully I'll have some submissions from the ZLE, and I'll post some e46 race car vids here or there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Awesome! Thank you for volunteering MODRN71 and thank you Provoste for starting and maintaining this thread for such a long time (hope all is well in the enduro world, eh?!). Best cheers!
Its a very cool thread, which hopefully will help drivers progress, seeing what is possible at different tracks with the exact same car. Its especially valuable for intermediate/advanced drivers who feel like they're plateauing. Glad it will go on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
That is great news!! Thank you for stepping up Luan (MODRN71)

Thank you Eric (Provoste), with most respect, for making the difficult decision to turn over your "baby"
Old 06-09-2020, 09:48 AM   #844
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Woooahhh, that is scary. I've had this happen in the past with junk trailer tires, but never seen it on a track tire. Glad it didn't blow, that would have been a MESS.
Yeah it was definitely scary. I'm a little mad i didn't get a clean lap because i could really feel the grip in those tires. I am working on getting a replacement tire and I'm not sure if i will ever buy another set of these again, but I had to try them! It's a shame the ACR didn't come with 305/30R19s instead or the regular V720s were the same compound.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #845
Provoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Yeah it was definitely scary. I'm a little mad i didn't get a clean lap because i could really feel the grip in those tires. I am working on getting a replacement tire and I'm not sure if i will ever buy another set of these again, but I had to try them! It's a shame the ACR didn't come with 305/30R19s instead or the regular V720s were the same compound.
Yeah for sure!
Old 06-09-2020, 08:22 PM   #846
Northtrack

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
First track weekend of the year thanks to Covid, but better late than never, and a PB is a great way to start the season. Not the cleanest lap and a number of places where I leaked time, so something in the 31's was definitely possible. I didn't get through a weekend last year without a tire issue (nails, sheet metal screws, delaminations) so this was the first time I got 3 days out of a set of G3R's since I got the car 2 years ago. Got the fastest lap on the 14th heat cycle and no cording (yet) so might even get another day out this set.

Mosport (CTMP)
1:32.20
ZL1 1LE (2018 M6)
June 7/20
G3R
Stock other than Castrol SRF
Factory track spec alignment.

I tried to upload a video of the lap but not working for me......
Attached Images

Northtrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:29 PM   #847
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Thank for taking over Luan, hopefully I'll have some submissions from the ZLE, and I'll post some e46 race car vids here or there.

Its a very cool thread, which hopefully will help drivers progress, seeing what is possible at different tracks with the exact same car. Its especially valuable for intermediate/advanced drivers who feel like they're plateauing. Glad it will go on!

Couldn't agree more, Eric! Plus we should also recognize your many personal contributions showing just what is possible in a stock car (but not only). Best of success in your racing and do post some vids for all to enjoy as they are uber fun! Cheers and all the best!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:31 PM   #848
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northtrack View Post
First track weekend of the year thanks to Covid, but better late than never, and a PB is a great way to start the season. Not the cleanest lap and a number of places where I leaked time, so something in the 31's was definitely possible. I didn't get through a weekend last year without a tire issue (nails, sheet metal screws, delaminations) so this was the first time I got 3 days out of a set of G3R's since I got the car 2 years ago. Got the fastest lap on the 14th heat cycle and no cording (yet) so might even get another day out this set.

Mosport (CTMP)
1:32.20
ZL1 1LE (2018 M6)
June 7/20
G3R
Stock other than Castrol SRF
Factory track spec alignment.

I tried to upload a video of the lap but not working for me......
Glad we finally have another Mosport entry here
Congrats!
Old 06-10-2020, 12:49 PM   #849
Northtrack

Quote:
Glad we finally have another Mosport entry here
Congrats!
Hopefully we'll see some more from north of the border. We're a little under represented in this thread - both tracks and drivers.......
Old 06-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #850
TrackClub

Quote:
Hopefully we'll see some more from north of the border. We're a little under represented in this thread - both tracks and drivers.......
I think we are well represented tracks wise, as ive done them all except for Grand Bend (which frankly i have no interest in anyway, but maybe you are closer?).

But damn sure we need more drivers to post their times.

Cheers
Old 06-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #851
Northtrack

Quote:
I think we are well represented tracks wise, as ive done them all except for Grand Bend (which frankly i have no interest in anyway, but maybe you are closer?).

But damn sure we need more drivers to post their times.

Cheers

We're fortnate that we have a lot of tracks in this part of the country, but they seem to fall into two categories. Good/great as in LCMT, Calabogie, Mosport or the lower tier as in Shannonville, Grand Bend, Cayuga, etc. Agree that it would be great to see more drivers posting.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #852
TrackClub

Quote:
We're fortnate that we have a lot of tracks in this part of the country, but they seem to fall into two categories. Good/great as in LCMT, Calabogie, Mosport or the lower tier as in Shannonville, Grand Bend, Cayuga, etc. Agree that it would be great to see more drivers posting.
Well said. Albeit i do like Shanny for training purposes as it has every corner in the book. Pretty safe too. DDT can also be uber fun.
But clearly Mosport, Calabogie and LCMT are world class gems and i always make a point of visiting them every year. This season might be very different tho, assuming i will get to drive my car at all. Cheers!
Old 06-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #853
Northtrack

Quote:
Well said. Albeit i do like Shanny for training purposes as it has every corner in the book. Pretty safe too. DDT can also be uber fun.
But clearly Mosport, Calabogie and LCMT are world class gems and i always make a point of visiting them every year. This season might be very different tho, assuming i will get to drive my car at all. Cheers!
My expectations for this year are low, and actually surprised that I was able to get a weekend in already. I'll be happy if I can get to Calabogie this summer and Pitt in September. Anything else would be a bonus.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #854
TrackClub

Quote:
My expectations for this year are low, and actually surprised that I was able to get a weekend in already. I'll be happy if I can get to Calabogie this summer and Pitt in September. Anything else would be a bonus.
Both were on my list as well. Do you run with Trillium by any chance?