Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
What will final version look like?

Anyone know Chevy's history on building production cars from concept cars? Do they usually stick pretty close to the concept or does the production cars usually loook nothin like the concept? I love how this car looks but Im afraid the real one is gonna look nothing like it.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I dont care what it looks like, I'll end up buying one anyway! lol But I really love the concept design...The only thing is the mirrors, they may be a little too small. But besides that I absolutely love the car and can't wait to own one!
acscamarochick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
LouT

Drives: Camaro SS
GMs cars usually come out like shit with the bumper flowing into sheetmetal aspect. This is one part of the new camaro design that is very european/japanese in its design, so i'll be interested to see howGM does it in the production version. I dont have high hopes. Thank god GM knows how to make a damn good engine.
LouT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
From what I gather, for the exterior, look for a higher roofline, and larger side mirrors, as well as smaller wheels.

Interior-wise, not radically different from the concept.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
From what I gather, for the exterior, look for a higher roofline, and larger side mirrors, as well as smaller wheels.

Interior-wise, not radically different from the concept.
Moose, was the headroom very low on the concept when you sat in it? From the otuside it looks like the roofline needs to be raised. The pics of Jay Leno sitting in the car looks like he was being crushed.

If they do have to raise the roofline I hope it's not by so much as to lose the current sleek shape of the car overall.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTran
Moose, was the headroom very low on the concept when you sat in it? From the otuside it looks like the roofline needs to be raised. The pics of Jay Leno sitting in the car looks like he was being crushed.

If they do have to raise the roofline I hope it's not by so much as to lose the current sleek shape of the car overall.
I'm 5'11" and had no issues with headroom. But I'm sure the roofline will be raised for production. I don't think it'd be raised too much and adversely affect the "lines" of the car.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Oh, I really hope they don't screw it up when it comes to the production version. That low roofline is perfect as it is. I guess we'll see smaller wheels, but I'd still like 19" as standard.....I hate wheels that don't fill the arches.

Be brave GM......don't change a thing.
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:30 AM   #8
chevy4824

Drives: 1983 hurst olds
Send a message via AIM to chevy4824
I wonder if the RS/Z28 will get the Hideaway head lights that they had in 69
chevy4824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #9
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
i heard it supposed to look just like the concept. little bit more modernized interior but exterior is suppoesd to be the same except the mirrors and maybe the roof line, but after weeing some cars that have been coming out i wouldnt be surprised if they kept the low roof line
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #10
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4824
I wonder if the RS/Z28 will get the Hideaway head lights that they had in 69
How bout like these in this post?
http://www.smokinchevy.com/showthread.php?t=870

I too want hideaways, but so far i have seen no official mention of it.
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02
i heard it supposed to look just like the concept. little bit more modernized interior but exterior is suppoesd to be the same except the mirrors and maybe the roof line, but after weeing some cars that have been coming out i wouldnt be surprised if they kept the low roof line
Ditto. I only heard about raising the roof by what you guys just mentioned here. When it comes to doing hideaways, I wouldn't expect it. Doing that on only one type of Camaro raises their cost which defeats the purpose. I completely agree that it would be awesome to see, like the video clip that was put up. We'll find out in due time...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
What will change in production version?

We all know that there are a few mods GM will have to make from the concept to the actual production model. I have been told that the door handles as well as the trunk will be changed. I would assume the side mirrors, dash, wheels, and loc of gas cap would also be changed. Then, I read that the roofline was to be raised by 14mm. Why? I don't know...

1. I can understand the smaller wheels. It would cost a fortune to produce the rims, tires, and not to mention the high cost to us for replacing those tires.
2. The door handles I wish would stay the same. I could understand the ice situation, but it doesn't ice down here! I'd like to see side handles like on the vette. That would be a nice addition.
3. As far as the side mirrors go, I could see those being changed...too narrow.
4. The gas cap location: I like it where it is. For all those people who are going to be careless about filling up, well...use caution! Use a paper towel when filling up to catch any dripping gas. I think the location of the gas cap looks cool as all hell.
5. I don't know why they must change the height of the roofline. 14mm is not that much, but has the potential for making a big differrence.
6. I like the dash, but think the color insert needs to match the car. I like how the gauges are set up, but don't know if I like their display. I also think that radio needs some work.
7. The trunk opening seems a bit small. For it to be useful to the other half of the folks buying this car, it needs to have good access to the trunk and enough space to carry plenty of items.

I love this car. It will be mine. I just hope they don't change it too much that it becomes something else. What do you all think?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #13
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
We all know that there are a few mods GM will have to make from the concept to the actual production model. I have been told that the door handles as well as the trunk will be changed. I would assume the side mirrors, dash, wheels, and loc of gas cap would also be changed. Then, I read that the roofline was to be raised by 14mm. Why? I don't know...

1. I can understand the smaller wheels. It would cost a fortune to produce the rims, tires, and not to mention the high cost to us for replacing those tires.
2. The door handles I wish would stay the same. I could understand the ice situation, but it doesn't ice down here! I'd like to see side handles like on the vette. That would be a nice addition.
3. As far as the side mirrors go, I could see those being changed...too narrow.
4. The gas cap location: I like it where it is. For all those people who are going to be careless about filling up, well...use caution! Use a paper towel when filling up to catch any dripping gas. I think the location of the gas cap looks cool as all hell.
5. I don't know why they must change the height of the roofline. 14mm is not that much, but has the potential for making a big differrence.
6. I like the dash, but think the color insert needs to match the car. I like how the gauges are set up, but don't know if I like their display. I also think that radio needs some work.
7. The trunk opening seems a bit small. For it to be useful to the other half of the folks buying this car, it needs to have good access to the trunk and enough space to carry plenty of items.

I love this car. It will be mine. I just hope they don't change it too much that it becomes something else. What do you all think?
I have read multiple times that they have said they will make every effort to stay as true to the concept as possible, so I would imagine it will become something else.

I have also read that the rear trac width will be reduced by a few inches. I agree about the rims. I really like those rims, but they will be changed.

As for the door handles, I think that vette style door handles would be awesome!

As for the interior, I am not sure if the comment about staying as true tothe concept as possible applied othe interior; I hope not. I am not a fan of the interior. I would much rather see a more modern look that all of those retro ques. I would also like to see color matching inserts used on the interior like in the GTO.... i really liked that.

Lastly, I really really hope there is a HUD and dual climate control. That is all from me.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:31 AM   #14
$anani

Drives: chevy s10
Dont forget that the production model looks better according to the radio station said it did. i really dont worry ur still going to buy it over the mustang.lol
$anani is offline   Reply With Quote