Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-17-2023, 10:22 PM   #29
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Really, as long as it has a V8 you can’t go terribly wrong. Having said that, I would never get an LT1 unless I was really trying to keep the budget down, although the same could probably be said about the SS.

2SS would be my personal bare minimum. I had a ‘17 2SS which I picked preowned (although it was nearly like new) and my cousin got a new LT1 at the time. I just couldn’t get over the interior, especially the small screened infotainment and the work truck gauge cluster. I’m really trying not to be a hater..but coming from my digital dash to a brand new car with that was quite the swap LOL.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:53 PM   #30
Green82

Drives: 2022 camaro lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Really, as long as it has a V8 you can’t go terribly wrong. Having said that, I would never get an LT1 unless I was really trying to keep the budget down, although the same could probably be said about the SS.

2SS would be my personal bare minimum. I had a ‘17 2SS which I picked preowned (although it was nearly like new) and my cousin got a new LT1 at the time. I just couldn’t get over the interior, especially the small screened infotainment and the work truck gauge cluster. I’m really trying not to be a hater..but coming from my digital dash to a brand new car with that was quite the swap LOL.
radio and gauge cluster can be updated
Green82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 11:49 PM   #31
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green82 View Post
radio and gauge cluster can be updated
Why wouldn’t one just start off in a higher trim then. What’s it cost to jump up into a 1SS, about $2k?
Old 06-18-2023, 01:26 AM   #32
Green82

Drives: 2022 camaro lt1
Quote:
Why wouldn’t one just start off in a higher trim then. What’s it cost to jump up into a 1SS, about $2k?
todays market it depends on the dealership. when i bought my 22 LT1 i paid $40k the SS i found were 45k+
Green82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 02:01 AM   #33
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green82 View Post
todays market it depends on the dealership. when i bought my 22 LT1 i paid $40k the SS i found were 45k+
Very likely. I was referring to the base (LT1) pricing vs the base (SS) pricing. I believe it is around $2k additional, before tax of course.
Old 06-18-2023, 09:18 AM   #34
ChevroletFan

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Very likely. I was referring to the base (LT1) pricing vs the base (SS) pricing. I believe it is around $2k additional, before tax of course.
The difference is 3500. I picked the LT1 because of price, I like the square tire setup with all seasons, and the Bose sound system isn’t available on a 1SS. So there are some aspects of the LT1 that are attractive.

I’m still waiting for my car. So, I don’t know yet. But the only concern I have is whether the brakes are going to be good enough.
Old 06-18-2023, 09:53 AM   #35
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletFan View Post
The difference is 3500. I picked the LT1 because of price, I like the square tire setup with all seasons, and the Bose sound system isn’t available on a 1SS. So there are some aspects of the LT1 that are attractive.

I’m still waiting for my car. So, I don’t know yet. But the only concern I have is whether the brakes are going to be good enough.
I wasn’t aware of the Bose option difference, so that would be a big negative for me. The square setup is definitely nice for tire rotations and cheaper tires. 😁

I think the brakes will be perfectly fine…depending on what you’ve driven and what you’re expectations are. I wouldn’t be too concerned with that.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:05 AM   #36
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletFan View Post

I just did two hypothetical builds for what I would order if I went LT1 vs 2SS. The LT1 came out to be $45,010 and the 2SS was $50,815. I think people would really have to cross shop to determine which trim level/options really make sense for the price. You’re correct that the price difference is exactly $3,500 between the LT1 & the 1SS.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:28 AM   #37
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
If you’re thinking about trading up to a 1SS from your car. I don’t think it would be worth it unless you go up to a 1SS 1LE or higher. The 1LE is an amazing car. Good luck either way.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote