Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #15
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
There is a possibility of a shorted wire with the last two dtcs. I would check the indicated locations for a short which I would suspect is causing all of your issues. If you do not find anything, it's going to be a throttle body that will need to be replaced. Also the first dtc doesn't control fan or cause the vehicle to overheat, it's simply an O2 heater that gets the O2 ready to read quicker for emissions, That will require replacement of the O2 sensor, Right side(passenger) post catalytic convertor.

Tsb doc #PIP4721

"Inspect the engine harness for a potential short to ground on the right inner fender, about 6" from the ECM.
Inspect Connector X102 for pinched wires that may cause them to short together. This is a 40 cavity connector that connects the engine harness to the forward lamp harness. It is located on the right side of the engine compartment, to the right of the under hood fuse block (see item 5 below)."
Thanks so much for the information! Take a look at this stuff asap and report back.
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #16
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ok..update on all of this. JerTM I checked the wiring you suggested and no issues there. Ended up replacing the throttle body...still had the issue. So at this point I figured it has to be the accelerator pedal sensor...replaced that as well, still same issue. Checked my spark plug wires and found that one of the wires was not snapping into the coil properly, plug wire connection was partially broken. Replaced all the wires and did the spark plugs while I was in there. After all this...same issue. So now i am at my wits end and ready to take it in to the dealer. I have a friend that works at a small indy shop and he asks me to bring it in today so they can run some diagnostic tests free of charge (yes, I know...should have done this first).

He told me that it had over 30 codes stored and they were baffled at first because once the codes were cleared the car seemed to run fine. But then when he test drove it hard the service stabilitrak & reduced engine power started acting up again. After a few hours they found that the ECM module itself was loose & with hard acceleration it was shifting the module around and tweaking the connection slightly making the car go hay wire. He ended up strapping it up tight with a couple of large wire ties and bingo...no more issues. I haven't seen what is going on with it yet and how he rigged it up but I'll take a look at it later when I pick up the car and maybe get some photos uploaded. Probably end up finding a cleaner way to get it secured in there tight instead of wire ties. So...if you have this issue check that your ECM is snapped in tight with no movement. I'll keep you guys posted if I start having the issue again but supposedly that did the trick.
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:32 PM   #17
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Thanks for sharing and updating OP. Things like this can help others and I hope that took care of your issue.