Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
Deuceski

Drives: 2017 2.0T RS
New 2.0T Owner here!

Hi everyone. Pretty excited that I just purchased my first Camaro yesterday. I just have a couple quick questions I was hoping some people could help out with.

-Has anyone painted their RS 20in wheels black or powder coated? If so, how do they look?
-Are there any mods to add even a little bit of power that wont void my warranties?
-I'm also open to suggestions for easy cosmetic mods that won't break the bank. I already have a couple little things planned, like window tinting and blacking out those yellow sidemarkers.

Thanks everyone and I'm glad to be part of this community!!
Attached Images

Deuceski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Nice looking car, congrats! Bolt-on's like an exhaust or intake will not void your warranty. But if any of those parts directly cause another problem, the dealer can deny coverage on that repair. So installing an intake and your wheel bearing goes bad, they by law can't deny the claim. But if you install an intake and a check engine light comes on for a lean code, most likely you'll be paying for the repair.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #3
Deuceski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Nice looking car, congrats! Bolt-on's like an exhaust or intake will not void your warranty. But if any of those parts directly cause another problem, the dealer can deny coverage on that repair. So installing an intake and your wheel bearing goes bad, they by law can't deny the claim. But if you install an intake and a check engine light comes on for a lean code, most likely you'll be paying for the repair.
Thanks for the insight!
Old 04-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
camex

Drives: Sold
Congrats!
What about LED side maker and front splitter.
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
Deuceski

Quote:
Originally Posted by camex View Post
Congrats!
What about LED side maker and front splitter.
Sidemarkers are definitely getting blacked out, not sure if I'll by new LED ones, or just put a film kit over the existing ones. And yes I think a splitter would be amazing! I want to do cheaper things first while I research which splitter I would get.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #6
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Hey nice ride! Welcome aboard!
You can check out the member car build sticky at the top of this forum for some great information, and new ways of thinking you may not have thought of!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
CAI and Hi-Flo Downpipe and TB/Charge Pipe Upgrade. Will add more to your car and your butt dyno. Same story with warranty that was mentioned earlier.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Welcome to the club, love that colour!
I found debadging and black bowties cleaned up the appearance nicely. The side marker and window tint is a must, transforms the car.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #9
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Congrats, it's a nice ride! I had my RS 20s powder coated gloss black and they looked amazing. Completely changed the vibe of the car. I did end up getting MRR 1LE style wheels, though.
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #10
Deuceski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Welcome to the club, love that colour!
I found debadging and black bowties cleaned up the appearance nicely. The side marker and window tint is a must, transforms the car.
The car has a badge with the dealer logo on it which upset me so I will definitely have to take that off. And I think the black bowties would be a good idea too. How easy is it to take off and put on things like that?
Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #11
Deuceski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCobalt View Post
Congrats, it's a nice ride! I had my RS 20s powder coated gloss black and they looked amazing. Completely changed the vibe of the car. I did end up getting MRR 1LE style wheels, though.
Do you have any pictures by chance??
Old 04-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #12
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuceski View Post
Do you have any pictures by chance??
Yep, I’ll upload them from my computer when I get home
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:23 PM   #13
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
A good looking cheap mod would be GM's clear side markers (EU) spec for 8$ ea, throw in 89 cent white bulbs. It would match the chrome, leds, wheels .. .

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #14
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Wow. That color is making me drool! Gorgeous car! Welcome to the family man! As far as mods and warranties go, I’d stick with whatever you can do without having to tune the car.
If a mod requires a tune, it WILL void your warranty.

That being said, there are some mods that don’t require a tune that should help you in the butt dyno department.

1.) as others have said, a new air intake will give you a little bump, and will make that turbo a bit louder (worth it for the sound alone lol.) this mod however, does have he potential to void your warranty. So I’d keep your factory air box so you could swap before trips to the dealer.

2.) cat back exhaust

3.) lighter wheels with stickier tires. (Don’t under estimate this mod. It will be the most dramatic change in speed out of the list.)

4.) ported factory throttle body and intake manifold (has the potential to void your warranty, but a tech would really have to know what they’re looking for.)

I’d also look to see if gm has any sound deadening material installed to quiet down the turbo, and remove it. But only because I love hearing a good turbo spool up and dumping air through the diverter valve. Like an angry vacuum cleaner with allergies lol (in a good way!)