The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Bulos

Drives: 2015 Z51 2LT CRM & 2006 Scion TC
Celebrity

As I came out of the Publix I loaded the back of my Z51 and grabbed one of the oranges. Peeled it, walked over to the trash to deposit the skin and I notice a few guys get out of a SUV and start looking at it, inside, outside and they are excited. So orange in hand I walk over to the Vette and devour the orange they are still there but 3 more men and a lady emerge from the SUV and they are all speaking excitedly in Spanish and cupping their hands to peer inside my CRM Coupe. Orange eaten I approach the car I ask one guy "like it?" and pretend to toss him the keys. They mobbed me and only one of them who lived here in South Florida spoke English. He explained they were visiting from Argentina and there they never see cars like this. How many horsepower? How fast is it? What kind of tranny? How much does it cost? etc. etc. On and on he interpreted their questions for me. They then all lined up for a picture asking if it was OK to photograph "Sophia". Sure! I gave them a little chirp upon leaving and they were all in rapt attention. Nice experience boy it sure felt good.
Attached Images

Bulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
stratosphere

Drives: 2015 Stingray & 2011 Cruze
Thats a great looking car you have there. I saw a Crystal Red z51 on the HWY last week while i was in my DD, i kept pace with the car just to keep staring over at it, it looked so good. Im guessing the driver had no idea of what i was doing or that i had a Stingray at home in the garage. These cars really do look amazing in person and out on the roads.

Glad you got to meet some people and talk with them. I haven't been approached too many times just yet, though i have only had the car a tad bit over a month.
stratosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
Bulos

Drives: 2015 Z51 2LT CRM & 2006 Scion TC
Yes they are quite seductive looking.
Bulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #4
BigEastVette

Drives: 2017 Z06 3LZ BLACK ROSE, FORD F250
yea they are pretty special. My doorbell rang last weekend and it was my neighbor from down the street, said he had seen my new Z51 in my garage, and he wanted to know if I could give him the tour, and take him for a ride. I did & I let him drive a little bit, now he thinks I'm king of the block...............
BigEastVette is offline   Reply With Quote