Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
dawazeek

Drives: Black 2011 2SS
Staying N/A, what i need to know?

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get the most rwhp out of my LS3, and I'm having trouble with my google search skills in order to find the info I need. if theres a thread already open can someone link it here? I'm looking for the following info: I'm looking to find out what my end rwhp may be either all bolt-ons, or I was toying with stroking the engine plus bolt-ons. What are the items I will be changing out, do you all have suggestions on top-end hp gains products? i.e I read Jannety's workup on intakes and saw CAI has the best hp gains i have relatively zero car knowledge and the community here has been extremely helpful and knowledgeable with the threads I've posted in the past. Thank you all very much and again sorry if this can be found elsewhere
dawazeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I would start with what your overall plans are with the car, drag racing or road course. GPI offers a great heads and cam package that seems to offer great N/A gains for a decent price. U should check out engine and bolt on section for ideas. Of course the real governor is going to be your budget..
PFADT stage 3 suspension kit, SW LTH, SW cat less retro exhaust, MGW short throw, 3.91 gears, MRR Z28 wheels, Roto Fab CAI, SLP underpully, 255cc ported heads, TSP 229/236 Cam, ZL1 pump, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, ID850 injectors, Snow Stage III Meth kit
480whp/460wtq tuned by Dynosty
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #3
dawazeek

Yea I'm planning on doing track with the vehicle, as well as occasionally driving during summer months when its nicer out. I've heard the night fury cam has the best overall in the several categories that get rated when it comes to cams. going with either a 3.91 or a 4.10 gears. I feel like I have a decent understanding of most of the bolt-ons, just not what may grant the best hp gains. I tend to peruse the forums in my free time trying to learn what I can.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Gpi max package I'd suggest.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Power is one thing, but it is useless without proper control. I'd recommend a suspension upgrade also... Hotchkis is great on these cars.

Have fun with your build.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
dawazeek

Thanks for the suspension suggestion. I knew I would need a suspension upgrade eventually.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:04 PM   #7
13SSCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Look at GPI's LS7 top end kit for the LS3
2013 SS M6, TSP Stage 3 231/246 cam kit, TSP Trunion upgrade, Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX PTB, TSP 1 7/8 Long tube headers and high flow cats, Corsa Xtreme ZL1 Catback exhaust, Elite E2-X Catch can, Trick Flow Gen-X 255 heads milled 0.025 and valve job, GPI rod mod and ported intake, ID850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump, Flex sensor and E-85, Mantic 9000 and 1LE 3.91 diff 512rwhp/462rwtq
13SSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
dawazeek

yea thats part of the GPI max package reaper mentioned
Old 03-31-2018, 01:08 AM   #9
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
The gpi Max package is new and not many reviews but I'd jump on it if I was starting from scratch. Really depends how far you want to take it. If just bolt on then it's out of the question.

First question that I didn't see answered is what is your budget
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #10
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
just an FYI...I have now had my car for approx. 3yrs and am just now gettin ready to internally mod the motor...why?

first with basic bolts ons and a tune(have a tuner? if not dynoSteve at RDP!) these motors are stout! I have been spending this time getting the suspension sorted out. gotta take care of wheel hop probs first!

so now that I have been driving this animal and in the processes learnin a tremendous amount on how to properly launch it at the 1/4 I feel I am ready to turn the wick up a bit...and with the supporting mod's already in place don't need to worry about breakin sh!t!

good luck OP and I hope you end up with the car you want...peace

btw - couple of Sundays ago at the 1/4...stock clutch..stock trans...stock shifter...you get the idea.
Name:  Hoosierwrinkle.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  130.0 KB

launched the car at 6000rpm and the rear tires were at 16psi(tryin out my buddy's Hoosiers)
Old 03-31-2018, 08:24 AM   #11
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawazeek View Post
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get the most rwhp out of my LS3, and I'm having trouble with my google search skills in order to find the info I need. if theres a thread already open can someone link it here? I'm looking for the following info: I'm looking to find out what my end rwhp may be either all bolt-ons, or I was toying with stroking the engine plus bolt-ons. What are the items I will be changing out, do you all have suggestions on top-end hp gains products? i.e I read Jannety's workup on intakes and saw CAI has the best hp gains i have relatively zero car knowledge and the community here has been extremely helpful and knowledgeable with the threads I've posted in the past. Thank you all very much and again sorry if this can be found elsewhere
IMHO start by finding a shop you can trust, and discuss your end goal with them. That way you don't end up spending money on mods that won't optimize your set up or you end up replacing working toward your goal. Change and adjust suspension parts to your liking, don't replace driveline parts until they break.

Full bolt on's should get you to the 420-430 rwhp mark
FBO with heads, cam and intake should make 475-490 rwhp
FBO with H/C/I with increased compression (12.* to 1) and e85 500-510 rwhp
The sky is the limit with power adders...

Hope this helps.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #12
dawazeek

So I don't have an end budget in mind. It'll be ove the next decade or so depending on the income and life as it happens. As for the tuner I just received my CAI intake and sct from dynosteve with the lifetime tunes. Going to pick up a bo white ported TB to put on when I install the intake and have a tune ready to load once I'm done with install. Like I said previously I'm just trying to get ahead of the curve by learning before modding so I don't get myself into a situation where I'm removing an aftermarket item to replace with another in order to support a mod I missed or forgot would be necessary. Thanks for being great on here guys!