Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Does anybody like the interior in the new camaro
yes 24 77.42%
no 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
The Interior

Hello all,
So far i love the new camaro and really like they fact that it sounds like their putting an LS2 in it. It will be wicked. The only thing i dont know about is the inside.

i dont know how i feel about it. Where is the stereo? parking brake? nav? etc. Its almost TOO retro in this area but i like the fact thats its different. I really want to get in one to see it but dont think i could.
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
we all have talked a little bit about this but yea. that will all change when the car comes out. they will probably get rid of the orange around the doors and dash. and all the chrome. . .well hopefully not all of it. but the more of it the more expensive I see this car costing. I hope they keep the aux guage clustor down in front of the stick. I love the seats and even love the belt buckles. . .and the guage clustor needs to be toned down a little bit. . .but keep it about the same and I'd love it. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Cleric

I like the orange actually (i go to U of Texas). I am not sure about the gauges in front of the shifter and the cluster needs to be changed. My question is if they change it to something more customary would it detract from the overall car?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I don't think it would detract from the overall car. I think the general public expects the production interior to change. I'm not saying it will be completely different. The gauges will still be the same design but w/ different presentation. I think that radio has to go myself. That is off the wall weird. The two center gauge cluster behind the steering wheel will, in other words, retain the outer shape, but have a different presentation of gauges...I hope. I like the lower 4 gauges in the center console. I think those might stay. The orange insert, IMO, has to go. Two tone is fine...but not that two tone. Overall, I think a redesign of the interior would benefit the Camaro and sell even more than leaving the interior alone and not addressing the issue at all.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:40 AM   #5
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Overall, I think a redesign of the interior would benefit the Camaro and sell even more than leaving the interior alone and not addressing the issue at all.
I agree... The general public would not be ready for this extreme styling. It would have to be toned way down. Not to mention, they are going to have to make some serious adjustments just to fit the few missing essentials you mentioned origianlly. In terms of the orange inserts, I would be cool with a similar scheme if it were a leather or suade material that was color matched with the exterior, i just don't like that particular color.

Maybe it is just me, but I absolutely detest the gauge cluster down by the shifter. Maybe it is the orange facing, i dunno, but it just doesn't strike me.

The one think I would really like to stay is the shifter! I like the metal/chrome look of the shifter. I am tired of all of the black plastic/leather wrapped shifters.

The AC and stereo will have to go... from a human factors perspective, you would constantly be turning up the radio when you meant to turn the AC up and vice-versa as you are driving. Plus there is absolutely no screen there for the Stereo. I think the interior is due for a major overhaul. When this car is released I bet the interior looks nothing like this.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #6
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I like everything about the gaugas and the cluster. But they may do like the GTO's the color you get on the exterior will be the color you get inside. So i would like a black one w/silver racing stripes and big crome rims. Then the interior would be black and crome w/silver stitching in the seats.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #7
Cleric

Quote:
The one think I would really like to stay is the shifter! I like the metal/chrome look of the shifter. I am tired of all of the black plastic/leather wrapped shifters.
coming from indi i might expect you to say that but coming from texas i would buy a diff shifter to avoid having a metal one.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I did not own a 69 Camaro, but I did have a 69 Firebird 400 for a long time. Just seeing the new Camaro's interior gave me goose bumps because it definitely reminds me of my old car. My car had the deluxe interior and those door panels look similar. The steering wheel and the DASH pod looks the same. I am a little in shock that they went to that extreme to copy the original layout. I have never seen that until now.

Sorry to say this, but when people who actually owned a 69 see an interior like that, they might get emotional about that. This car really can lift GM off the ground because I wasn't really planning to buy a Camaro, but now that I see that the interior feels like "time travelling", I am afraid I am going to have to get one. I will only get a convertible though. Might as well. This is scary. If that car is done right, Camaro is going to be just as much a bread and butter Vehicle as their trucks.

I will take (1) PALE YELLOW Camaro if they made it, with black interior. same exact color as my 69 firebird 400/4-speed I had. For reference, this color almost looks white, but it's not.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #9
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
Hello all,
So far i love the new camaro and really like they fact that it sounds like their putting an LS2 in it. It will be wicked. The only thing i dont know about is the inside.

i dont know how i feel about it. Where is the stereo? parking brake? nav? etc. Its almost TOO retro in this area but i like the fact thats its different. I really want to get in one to see it but dont think i could.
IT'S A CONCEPT!!!! and there is a sterio in it. It's notthe final version. Is there actually any new information on this car because this is getting pretty bad that people just keep bashing each other about the car and bringing up things that we knew 8 months ago. lets get some new information in here becasue this is going to turn ugly if there is nothing new to talk about
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #10
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
I like the orange actually (i go to U of Texas). I am not sure about the gauges in front of the shifter and the cluster needs to be changed. My question is if they change it to something more customary would it detract from the overall car?
So that's what's wrong with you. you know the real UT is in Tennessee right? lol just givin you a hard time man. I don't think it would. but I like how the guages are set up.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
CMCVette

Drives: 04 Commemorative Corvette
I really hope they don't go too retro with the speedo & tach like the Mustang did --- too hard to read; some interior aspects need to be modern a la the vette.
CMCVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:41 AM   #12
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
judging by the way you talk about the vette im guessing you have a c5. the only guage cluster i liked from a c5 was on the z06 other than that there really was nothing that sweet about how they were.sorry
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Hey man the vett's are nice and fast plus they have heads up display on the windshield, so that is even better.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02 View Post
judging by the way you talk about the vette im guessing you have a c5. the only guage cluster i liked from a c5 was on the z06 other than that there really was nothing that sweet about how they were.sorry
Is there any difference between a Z51 and a Z06 C5 gauge cluster?
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote