Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2023, 09:17 AM   #57
JRowe500

Drives: Camaro z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneRoss View Post
Yes and No. They were developed in other industrial applications, the tech has mostly been there.

There is no "exponential" growth to EVs. Like they're magically gonna teleport you from NYC to LA in 1 hour. This isn't the automobile making the horse and carriage obsolete type of scenario. It's another car with a different power source.
That is a very silly statement. Of course there has been progress in EVs. Battery technology and packaging has improved immensely. The obvious drawback to EV is their charging time. If and when they get charging time down that will be a game changer. There are less moving parts in EVs that ICE vehicles. That right there is progress.

And there is no government conspiracy to push electric vehicles on the masses. If they are deemed better the market will do it.
JRowe500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 11:14 AM   #58
Gouki

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneRoss View Post
Apples and Oranges comparison.

The Z/28 shouldn't really be driven on the street.

Electric cars don't anything different from ICE. 10 year old M5 has the same usability.

I do like the Model 3 performance version. Pretty sweet. Wish they'd make it look a little cooler though. The styling leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Model S is pretty sleek.
Agreed, as you walk away from the Model 3P you never look back, always look back at the Z/28 though!

I drive the Z/28 to and from trackdays, or maybe for a canyon run.
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:25 PM   #59
MIKZ28

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #311
The government IS paying for progress. Look at all the subsidies being paid to keep wind and solar alive they would be dead with out government help. The government is also dumping a ton of money into battery development. THATS NOT NATRUAL PROGRESSION!
MIKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:41 PM   #60
GeneRoss

Drives: 14 Z/28 #368 02 SS(sold) 2012 Equus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRowe500 View Post
That is a very silly statement. Of course there has been progress in EVs. Battery technology and packaging has improved immensely. The obvious drawback to EV is their charging time. If and when they get charging time down that will be a game changer. There are less moving parts in EVs that ICE vehicles. That right there is progress.

And there is no government conspiracy to push electric vehicles on the masses. If they are deemed better the market will do it.
Typical talking points. They already deemed them better. They are literally canceling production of ICE vehicles and the market clearly is NOT calling for that.

You're using even more natural resources and the EV cars weigh well over 2tons. Not to mention the silent pollution that they refuse to talk about. The same improvements have been made to ICE over the last 10 years. Model to model there is improvements. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

EVs don't do anything better than ICE. They literally drive on the same roads at the same speeds with similar dynamics. I don't call that progress. Each has their own disatvanges and advantages. You're being manipulated to think you're making some huge leap forward when you're not. Really big disruption happing over here. 1HP = 0.746KW. To abandon one over the other is absurd. I say have both and then let the market decide. If ICE doesn't sell they'll cancel it themselves instead of being forced to cancel them.

There's no government conspiracy on anything? None whatsoever lol..... ok. Talk about silly statements.
2014 Z/28 #368
GeneRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:42 PM   #61
GeneRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
Agreed, as you walk away from the Model 3P you never look back, always look back at the Z/28 though!

I drive the Z/28 to and from trackdays, or maybe for a canyon run.
Z/28 is one of kind.

I'm waiting on the Tesla roadster/coupe to come out. That should be sweet.
2014 Z/28 #368
Old 03-26-2023, 07:18 PM   #62
void_kp

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2015)
for a normal user that just need a transportation mean, EV are MUCH better than ice. less maintenance, less prone to breaking, more comfortable, more performance. over time they will also become easier to upgrade and service… and cheaper.
there’s absolutely no doubt they are a better vehicle for normal use and ice will disappear over time.
this is why it's a fantastic opportunity to have and keep a z28, it will become one of the last pure ICE on a track focused chassis.
void_kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:52 PM   #63
JRowe500

Drives: Camaro z28
There's no government conspiracy on anything? None whatsoever lol..... ok. Talk about silly statements.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, I know where your coming. LMAO even more.
JRowe500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:18 PM   #64
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
I remember seeing the first Camaro commercial while watching Bonaza when it came out of a smoking volcano. Only reason didn’t get one then was because I had a brand new GTO. FF 57yrs and another car gets introduced out of smoke Dodge BansheE …where we’re going we don’t need roads! I’m going to get me one but never getting rid of my Camaro. Leaving it to my grandkids. They love it with the sound of the cam when I open the cutouts
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:08 AM   #65
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
[QUOTE=Aqua Blue RS/SS;11297596]Exactly right. Let me decide what is right for ME. I don’t need big brother or any other entity telling me what to think or believe. I can do that all on my own. EV is going to fail in the scope that it’s being pushed and look forward to watching it happen. I hope GM goes under and doesn’t get a bail out this time around. Coming from a life long Chevy guy.[/QUOTE

Yes Sir!!!!!!!
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:56 AM   #66
GeneRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRowe500 View Post
There's no government conspiracy on anything? None whatsoever lol..... ok. Talk about silly statements.
LMAO, I know where your coming. LMAO even more.[/QUOTE]
You're the one mentioning government conspiracies. But sure. You know everything, its abundantly clear at this point.
2014 Z/28 #368
Old 03-28-2023, 10:50 AM   #67
highrevving

Drives: Z/28
Yeah, don't think we will seen another NA, manual pure track car again. Keep your Z and enjoy it.

C8 Z06=NA, auto
GT3RS=NA, auto
GT500=SC, auto
MCSL=T, manual
highrevving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:29 PM   #68
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_kp View Post
for a normal user that just need a transportation mean, EV are MUCH better than ice. less maintenance, less prone to breaking, more comfortable, more performance. over time they will also become easier to upgrade and service… and cheaper.
there’s absolutely no doubt they are a better vehicle for normal use and ice will disappear over time.
this is why it's a fantastic opportunity to have and keep a z28, it will become one of the last pure ICE on a track focused chassis.
That is absolutely not true where I live. 100+ miles from town to town. They make some since in urban America but for the 1/2 of us in the us who gladly live away from big cities, it is going to be a very long time before they could ever begin to make since. For starters we need trucks to tow heavy trailers a lot more than 60 miles like the lightning did. You can have your practical EV. I’ll keep happily warming the planet one tank full at a time…
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:28 PM   #69
Shark72

Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 Z/28,1972 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
That is absolutely not true where I live. 100+ miles from town to town. They make some since in urban America but for the 1/2 of us in the us who gladly live away from big cities, it is going to be a very long time before they could ever begin to make since. For starters we need trucks to tow heavy trailers a lot more than 60 miles like the lightning did. You can have your practical EV. I’ll keep happily warming the planet one tank full at a time…
Exactly,
Don’t subsidize our future, let the free market help Everyone!,
2015 Z/28 #642 Black Bad Ass
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 03:59 AM   #70
docwra

Drives: 2015 Z28
Out of interest do all the Z28 owners here just have a Z28 ?
No second car thats more practical, less polluting, cheaper to run and maintain? Sure, its less interesting, sounds crap and doesnt look as nice but thats not why you bought it.

Of course you do, so why cant that second car be electric? As @void_kp says up there in nearly every metric they are better, if youre using your car as a tool rather than an object of desire its a better choice.
docwra is offline   Reply With Quote