Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #57
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
In 2017 I knew I wanted the SS 1LE, but since it was only available in 1SS trim, these were the deal-breakers for me:
  • No Bose stereo available
  • No Navigation available

I could have lived without some of the other 2SS features if I had to. The heated steering wheel seemed over the top for example. But I stood my ground and didn't bite on the 1SS, and now that I have the 2SS and its features, I like them all, especially the heated steering wheel. There's not a single 2SS feature that I would want to give up, to be honest.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #58
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
In 2017 I knew I wanted the SS 1LE, but since it was only available in 1SS trim, these were the deal-breakers for me:
  • No Bose stereo available
  • No Navigation available

I could have lived without some of the other 2SS features if I had to. The heated steering wheel seemed over the top for example. But I stood my ground and didn't bite on the 1SS, and now that I have the 2SS and its features, I like them all, especially the heated steering wheel. There's not a single 2SS feature that I would want to give up, to be honest.
Yep, once you have a car with a heated steering wheel, you don't want to go back.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:00 PM   #59
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
I love all the features of a 2SS.... I might not care if I was as young as I was when I owned gen1 Camaros, but I have grown to appreciate luxuries....
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #60
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
There's not a single 2SS feature that I would want to give up, to be honest.

I think its simply what you get used to. I've generally had mid to high end (Consumer) cars most of my life. You get used to the little bells and whistles and to be honest, even the 2SS is missing a lot of them found in my other cars. So it's hard down grading on things that have become 'normal'. We were sitting in a new car a week ago and my wife was appalled that the passenger seat wasn't full 8 way power adjustable. LOL.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #61
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Honestly the only things I wish the 1ss 1le had that my truck has , was auto dimming rear view mirror and the homelink or at least a sunglasses compartment in the headliner I could stow my remote in.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #62
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I bought a used 16 2SS vert. The 1SS was a no go for me for a few reasons, mostly leather seats. Bird crap and other things that find their way onto vert seats don’t come off cloth as easy as leather (and the faux leather). I like all the bells and whistles too. Both my other half and I have Caddies with memory seats, and it’s just so easy to push a button and have our seat and mirror settings adjust automatically (I we don’t enable the fob function because we’re not always carrying both and it’s just as easy to push the button).
A previous responder mentioned the heat of leather in summer, but it’s more to do with color; black seats will bake you and lighter colors not so much. For that reason I ruled out many cars listed because so many have the black leather. A must for me was a light color.
Not sure I’m doing the math correct, but looking at build counts and extrapolating numbers I’m guessing my car is 1 of 25 of color combo and maybe less when factoring in its got every option you can get on a 2SS except for arctic white or Ad Red seat upgrade.
Mine won’t be a track car or a DD, just a summer fun car!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #63
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Yep, once you have a car with a heated steering wheel, you don't want to go back.
If you live in a cold part of the country—sure.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:12 AM   #64
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
1ss vs 2ss...?

depends on your objective. i bought the car for a few reasons. none of the 2ss options made the list.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:57 AM   #65
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Honestly the only things I wish the 1ss 1le had that my truck has , was auto dimming rear view mirror and the homelink or at least a sunglasses compartment in the headliner I could stow my remote in.
There are a few of those things that I feel strongly that the 1SS should come with, auto-dimming mirrors, defrosting mirrors, and blind spot/rear cross-traffic features. Other stuff isn't so necessary and more luxury options, but these are safety issues IMO and shouldn't be optioned...like MCAS two-pitot-tube sensing or disagree lights. The visibility is already takes a big chunk of buyers away and you can't advertise that it has technology that helps to mitigate this...if it's an option, as people will always be trying to safe a buck.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 12-27-2019, 12:59 AM   #66
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
If you live in a cold part of the country—sure.
Or you have raynauds and it's not even "cold"...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 12-27-2019, 04:22 AM   #67
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
There are a few of those things that I feel strongly that the 1SS should come with, auto-dimming mirrors, defrosting mirrors, and blind spot/rear cross-traffic features. Other stuff isn't so necessary and more luxury options, but these are safety issues IMO and shouldn't be optioned...like MCAS two-pitot-tube sensing or disagree lights. The visibility is already takes a big chunk of buyers away and you can't advertise that it has technology that helps to mitigate this...if it's an option, as people will always be trying to safe a buck.
Second that about the blind spot monitors and rear cross traffic alert! Chevy has known for a long time that visibility is an issue with Camaros. That should be standard in ALL trim levels. My Mazda CX-5 has great visibility and it still has that feature. And it cost less than 30k.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:36 AM   #68
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
After owning a 1st and now a 2ss, the cars feel totally different and I love the 2SS features. I personally would not go back to a 1ss if I were to do it all over.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:42 AM   #69
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Yep, especially if you have a convertible that you like to drive on cool days.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:30 AM   #70
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Well, definitely some passionate replies for both cases. Here’s my advice: Drive a 1SS. Then take a 2SS for a drive. Odds are you’re going to buy the 2SS. I just felt there were a ton of differences. The sum of those differences felt even greater after driving them back to back, IMO. But to each their own.