The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #43
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm not sure what you're smoking but Ford has plenty of assembly left in the United States.

Also it's not like it's a closely guarded secret where automakers build vehicles. If you want a car built in the US then check the VIN before you buy.

Once Fords multi billion dollar plant in Mexico opens, those assembly plants here will disappear.

Personally I don't care where my vehicles are built. I was only stating how it once was, those days are forever long gone. My camaro was built in Canada. My Toyota Tundra in Texas, and my C-7 Stingray in the U.S.

I just get a kick out of the "system" here, grease the right palms and you get whatever it is you want.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #44
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
I don't really care where my stuff is made if the quality is there and the price is right. Things being more or less equal I will buy American but I'm not gonna pay double for something of the same or lesser quality for the made in USA sticker.

I'm with you brother! I shop Walmart from time to time and they pretty much carry nothing made in the USA. I like the one stop shopping, they carry so much junk from groceries to lawn and garden!
Old 08-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #45
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm not sure what you're smoking but Ford has plenty of assembly left in the United States.

Also it's not like it's a closely guarded secret where automakers build vehicles. If you want a car built in the US then check the VIN before you buy.

Oh forgot to mention, Smoking only the Best money can buy!!!

It isn't made/grown here either.

LMAO!!!$$$!!!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #46
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yep,the insider,big money folks are gonna rape us again.paid extra payments on my house,got it paid off in 2004.saved a lot of interest.just bought a certified used 2015 camaro RS about a month ago.let the first owner take the big depreciation and wrote the dealer a check for my car.wouldnt have bought the newer car but i was having a tough time getting parts for my 2006 solstice and had the feeling it was going to be problematic soon,plus with all the unsupported $$$ the fed is printing i have a feeling money in the bank will soon be worthless anyway.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #47
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Once Fords multi billion dollar plant in Mexico opens, those assembly plants here will disappear.

Personally I don't care where my vehicles are built. I was only stating how it once was, those days are forever long gone. My camaro was built in Canada. My Toyota Tundra in Texas, and my C-7 Stingray in the U.S.

I just get a kick out of the "system" here, grease the right palms and you get whatever it is you want.
You can thank the UAW for that.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #48
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
yep,the insider,big money folks are gonna rape us again.paid extra payments on my house,got it paid off in 2004.saved a lot of interest.just bought a certified used 2015 camaro RS about a month ago.let the first owner take the big depreciation and wrote the dealer a check for my car.wouldnt have bought the newer car but i was having a tough time getting parts for my 2006 solstice and had the feeling it was going to be problematic soon,plus with all the unsupported $$$ the fed is printing i have a feeling money in the bank will soon be worthless anyway.

Pretty crazy what's happening. We could see the largest income gap in u.s. history. Middle class will end up footing the bill for all the "free" stuff/benefits.

Like everything in life, plus and minuses for whatever way it goes. For example: Open Borders = cheaper drugs & hookers! Then again, less jobs and more crime. It's the New America!

Nice u paid off ur home, and saved buying used!
Old 08-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #49
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
You can thank the UAW for that.

I remember watching one of those undercover investigations on the auto workers. During breaks/lunch dozens of them would sit in the parking lot chugging alcohol and doing drugs.

Then stumble their way back onto the assembly line. Union Reps protected them no matter what they did. Even the video evidence did nothing, it was seen as harassment. LOL