Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Right, Casull...
camarosc35, it's kinda funny you mention the "American-ness", there was an ENORMOUS thread about that somewhere...can't find it now but I'll look.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #44
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
The only critique I would have is that is the new Camaro truly an "American" muscle car when it will be produced in Canada? The first Camaros were produced (as far as I know) in America, so this is a question of mine.

Were the 4th Gens any less American then? They, too, were built in Canada.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #45
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Please, let's not go there again!! Or, at least put it in the right thread!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #46
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
American company. End here.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #47
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
The only critique I would have is that is the new Camaro truly an "American" muscle car when it will be produced in Canada? The first Camaros were produced (as far as I know) in America, so this is a question of mine.
!@#$%^&**&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&**&^%$#@!@#$%^&*!@ #$%^&*!@#$%

:banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk:
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #48
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
!@#$%^&**&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&**&^%$#@!@#$%^&*!@ #$%^&*!@#$%

:banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk: :banging head on desk:
Old 03-19-2007, 01:10 AM   #49
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Really I just want a new Firebird or Trans Am, but that will never happen. I would definitely consider a new GTO as long as it doesn't look like an oversized Cavelier with hood scoops again(awesome interior and motor though). I'll end up buying a Camaro just to have a new F-body. It looks great, and should have no problems selling unlike the GTO. As far as the Mustangs go, my wife has a '65 GT fastback and I love it. The new ones are too commonplace. A lot of new Mustang drivers in my area don't even recognize or acknowledge the '65 as a fellow Stang when we pull up next to them. Where as most Camaro drivers can spot any older Camaro and probably tell you what year it is while giving eachother a thumbs up. Everybody and their mom has one. The F-bodies are enthusiast cars. Mustangs are too mainstream for me.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #50
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Really I just want a new Firebird or Trans Am, but that will never happen. I would definitely consider a new GTO as long as it doesn't look like an oversized Cavelier with hood scoops again(awesome interior and motor though). I'll end up buying a Camaro just to have a new F-body. It looks great, and should have no problems selling unlike the GTO. As far as the Mustangs go, my wife has a '65 GT fastback and I love it. The new ones are too commonplace. A lot of new Mustang drivers in my area don't even recognize or acknowledge the '65 as a fellow Stang when we pull up next to them. Where as most Camaro drivers can spot any older Camaro and probably tell you what year it is while giving eachother a thumbs up. Everybody and their mom has one. The F-bodies are enthusiast cars. Mustangs are too mainstream for me.
Thats a really good point, I've never thought of it that way...but just to yank your chain a little - technically the new Camaro won't be an F-body . It's on the Zeta chassis now, remember...
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #51
Mr. Wyndham

You know a lot of good topics have come up in here.......
Whadaysay we change the name of the thread just for the sake of me not liking it?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:31 AM   #52
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Thats a really good point, I've never thought of it that way...but just to yank your chain a little - technically the new Camaro won't be an F-body . It's on the Zeta chassis now, remember...
So, will the new 5th Gen now be known as a Z-body?

Speaking of changing the name of the thread...we've gotten off topic quite a bit here....
Old 03-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #53
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
I have to agree with you there. It does seem that your average Camaro driver is more in tune with the automotive world in general and certainly has a much deeper passion for the car they are driving than the average mustang driver. I think this is a very good thing for the Camaro community as well, but I don't know if it is necessarily a good thing for the Camaro in general. I mean, the Mustang has enjoyed a very long uninterrupted lifecycle, and that is primarily due to the mainstream adoption of the car because we all know that these purchases make up the volume sales. As much as i would love to see the Camaro continue to grow as it is now, I also want the car to be able to stay in production.....
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #54
MaroMike

Drives: 2008 CHallenger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
So, will the new 5th Gen now be known as a Z-body?

Speaking of changing the name of the thread...we've gotten off topic quite a bit here....
How about changing the thread name to........."Why are you here if you own a Mustang"!!

Sorry guys.......that made me choke on my power shake.
Ludwig Classic Maple D/Bass Zildjian Overhead

AMERICA, Home of the Free, Because of The Brave
MaroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 AM   #55
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike View Post
How about changing the thread name to........."Why are you here if you own a Mustang"!!

Sorry guys.......that made me choke on my power shake.

I get the general dislike of the mustang from you Chevy guys. I've said previously that I am just a fan of American RWD V-8s, but I am optimistally waiting to see what the Camaro has to offer.

In the end it is just a car. None of my cars, past, present, or future define me as a person. My cars don't get me any chicks I couldn't have got on my own. Only a few chicks know anything about muscle cars anyway, and many would be more impressed with a C230 Mercedes for the simple fact it is a Mercedes. Finally, I am not intimidated by a bigger engine with more horsepower.

If my little 281ci V-8 only makes 315 rwhp after I have modded it, oh well, I'm not going to loose any sleep at night, because I still have a American RWD V-8 that looks good to me, that also runs high 12s when I hit the track on the weekends. Last time I checked 12s were still fast.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 03-22-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #56
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I have to agree with you there. It does seem that your average Camaro driver is more in tune with the automotive world in general and certainly has a much deeper passion for the car they are driving than the average mustang driver. I think this is a very good thing for the Camaro community as well, but I don't know if it is necessarily a good thing for the Camaro in general. I mean, the Mustang has enjoyed a very long uninterrupted lifecycle, and that is primarily due to the mainstream adoption of the car because we all know that these purchases make up the volume sales. As much as i would love to see the Camaro continue to grow as it is now, I also want the car to be able to stay in production.....
I'd like to weigh in on this too as a Mustang driver. The new 05-08 Mustang grew a whole new crop of Mustang fans. Which is good for Mustang, but many people buying Mustangs today have never driven one before so they just don't know.

I frequent other 05-08 Mustang forums and you would be surprised how many people who bought the new Mustang are complete n00bs to the ponycar segment, who never owned a V8, or never taken their car to a drag strip before.

That is testament to the Mustang though. It is frustrating that many don't know the heritage of the Mustang or muscle cars in general, but new fans are what keep the brand alive.

It would be equally frustrating if new Mustangs were only bought by people who previously owned Mustangs. There would be no growth.

I think it is equally important that the Camaro attracts a new generation of fans (even if they know nothing else about Camaros), and not just the people who have owned previous generation F-bodies and only want to see their car revived.

But anyway the author of the original article is just a hack with an opinion nothing more, shot enough holes in his argument to completely kill any of his credibility.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 03-22-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote