The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 01-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Rdsauto

Drives: 2010 MINI Cooper
Corvette Stingray C7 for Brother

Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me know and I will move it.

Rite guys I’m on here because my Brother has retired work and finding retirement peaceful and a blessing but also boring. He needs to get himself something to do, so I am going to help him out. He has been in the mechanic trade pretty much for as long as I can remember, working in local garages always loved working on cars. So I want to get him a car to work on keep him busy. Now please bear with me because I am clueless about mechanics and my terminology will me terrible. He has always loved the Corvette Stingray C7. I have been looking online for a beat up old Corvette Stingray C7 RDSauto for sale and there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest. What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

Name:  chevrolet_corvette_c7_z51_stingray_50f37199a29c8.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  146.3 KB

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
Rdsauto

Drives: 2010 MINI Cooper
I am sorry About the Image size..... how can I fix it....
Old 01-22-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Good luck getting a response this site is dead, bunch of old guys who don't know how to use the inter web, I believe I may be the youngest C7 owner on the site
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
Good luck getting a response this site is dead, bunch of old guys who don't know how to use the inter web, I believe I may be the youngest C7 owner on the site
Well it sure doesn't look like you helped him any. You must be like those 'old guys' you so fondly talk about.

What to you want from them 'old guys', 700 of them to respond - "Sorry, can't help".

Sure you don't belong on the Camaro forums?
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #5
SR-71

Drives: 2015 Z51 Coupe 2LT Shark/red
It might be tough finding a beat up C7, but anything is possible. There should be plenty good ones out there, and a few wrecked ones too, although keep in mind the C7 is built on an aluminum space frame which would probably be a major expensive to repair. I'm guessing the price for a decent 'C7 would start in the high-30's for a 2014 model.