The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Brick Man

Drives: Silver Swede
Why no turn signal indicator in the outside mirrors or front fenders??

This is my one disappointment in the new C7.

Why doesn't this car come with a turn indicator in the outside rear view mirrors, or at least a turn signal indicator in the front fenders, like they have been doing for *years* on the export Corvette models.

A good friend bought a new 2013 Honda Accord 4-door yesterday and even that car has turn signals in the outside rearview mirrors!

I wish Chevrolet would include these in the C-7. Any comments? Does anyone else on this forum wish the Corvette had these?
Brick Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Meh. They aren't necessary.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
Longbow

Drives: 2012 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Meh. They aren't necessary.

Concur
Longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
Jerry U

Drives: C7, Z51, Manual Trans, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Man View Post

Why doesn't this car come with a turn indicator in the outside rear view mirrors, or at least a turn signal indicator in the front fenders, like they have been doing for *years* on the export Corvette models.

A good friend bought a new 2013 Honda Accord 4-door yesterday and even that car has turn signals in the outside rearview mirrors!

I wish Chevrolet would include these in the C-7. Any comments? Does anyone else on this forum wish the Corvette had these?
I agree, It's nice for folks on the highway to know what your about to do!
Jerry U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
I think mirror mounted signals should be mandatory here as well. Don't know if the export mirrors will be interchangeable with our domestic version - if so, I'm swapping. If not? Still buying the car. $0.02
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Man View Post

Because by the time anyone noticed your signal you'd be soooo far gone down the road
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Frankster80

Drives: 2010 Nissan Frontier
I agree, they'd be nice to have, but I don't find them necessary.
Frankster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
Panhandle96CE

Drives: 96 CE
I think the side turn signals are integrated into the side marker light at the front edge of the wheel wells.
Panhandle96CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
I thought using turn signals in North America had been BANNED...no one seems to use 'em, here...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
Brick Man

Ah, Ha! Here it is!!

From the Frankfurt Auto Show, the export version of the convertible Corvette has turn indicators in the exterior rear view mirrors, as well as fluid washers for the headlights...!

I wish that GM would offer this as an option for U.S. models, even if it were at an extra cost.

(I remember going to Bowling Green several years ago, and looking for the export cars, to see how they handled the amber rear turn signal requirements as well as the side marker requirements)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EuTsbyUHujM

At least the U.S. version finally gets amber turn signals for the rear lights, as standard equipment
Old 09-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #11
RockDogz

Drives: Soon to be a 2014 Corvette Stingray
I am not seeing the value of that -vs- the cost.
RockDogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
DevonK

Drives: TBD
Really? People can't see the value of this, especially on a low-slung car like a Vette? It's pretty obvious to anyone who drives in traffic on a freeway where other cars can block your view of someone's turn signals.

A scenario: Say there is someone beside you on the freeway (passenger side) and you are accelerating ahead of him and want to move to his lane. Half a car length ahead of him on his right, another car also going faster than him has signaled that he is going to enter the lane to his left -- right where you plan to go. If he does not have turn indicators on his mirrors you are not going to know that because you can't see his other turn signals - they are blocked by the car to your immediate right. The result has a small chance of being quite nasty if one or both of you are driving aggressively.

Another thing - the Euro standards require better side mirrors, the ones on the NA Vette are far too tiny given the atrocious rear visibility on this car--they should really be illegal.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #13
Brick Man

I drive mostly at night, due to when I am scheduled to work, so the more lights, the better!However, when I buy my new Corvette, it will have 4X the hp of my current car, so I will probably rely on my right foot when changing lanes to complement the use of my turn signal.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
MB1

Drives: BMW M3
You gotta give them something to improve in future years. I know they'll add in in 2015 and beyond but I'm not waiting for features like this. I like what I've seen so far enough to place my order.
MB1 is offline   Reply With Quote