Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Car make strange noise when going reverse

always almost feels if I am running over something.
Never does it while going forward.
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Had the same problem with my wife's 2010. Chevy has a software fix for the ABS system. I believe there is a TSB for this problem. Run it by a service advisor at a Chevy dealer you trust and see what they say. Only affected the 2010 SS with manual transmissions, if my memory serves correctly. Drove us crazy until they came out with the software fix! Only happened in reverse and after installing the Software fix, no more noise.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Thank you so much for your reply and your information.
I am in the middle of moving and currently have no internet connection besides my phone.
I will take it to the dealer and hope they will take care of the problem.
Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
always almost feels if I am running over something.
Never does it while going forward.
Please keep me updated on this situation. We're here if additional assistance is needed while you're at the dealer.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please keep me updated on this situation. We're here if additional assistance is needed while you're at the dealer.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Will do. Once I am settle with my move I will head down to the dealership.
Courtesy Chevrolet has always been good to me.
Thank you.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Will do. Once I am settle with my move I will head down to the dealership.
Courtesy Chevrolet has always been good to me.
Thank you.
No problem,

That's good news to hear. I'll be looking for your updates.

All the best ,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Here is the bulletin....

Service Information

2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro VIN F Service Manual | Document ID: 2583310
#PIC5424: Rear Axle Chatter-Type Noise On Low-Speed Turns In Reverse / ABS Noise - keywords grind ratchet rattle - (Feb 18, 2011)
Subject: Rear Axle Chatter-Type Noise on Low-Speed Turns in Reverse / ABS Noise Models: 2010 - 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Built Prior to August 25, 2010 The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern: A customer may comment of a noise heard when coasting backward and turning the steering wheel. This will only be noticed at low speeds of approximately 3 MPH, vehicle coasting backwards with some steering input. Transmission gear position is not a factor. This is most commonly experienced if backing out of a downhill driveway, coasting and turning the steering wheel. This noise is caused by the ABS pump motor priming.
Note: It will not occur if coasting straight backwards, steering wheel input is necessary to experience this condition.

Recommendation/Instructions: This concern should not be confused with the concern listed in the current version of PI0137 because both concerns could likely have similar customer comments. To determine which issue is occurring, temporarily remove the 25A F40U fuse from the UBEC and back the vehicle at slow speeds of approximately 3 MPH while providing some steering input. If the noise is not present while the fuse is removed then reinstall the fuse, clear all codes that set due to the fuse removal and continue with the repair outlined in this document.
Do not replace any parts for this condition.
Engineering has identified the concern and created an EBCM calibration to resolve this issue. The calibration is available in Tis2Web. SPS program the EBCM with the latest calibration to resolve this concern.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
Hopefully this helps,
Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Here is the bulletin....

Service Information

2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro VIN F Service Manual | Document ID: 2583310
#PIC5424: Rear Axle Chatter-Type Noise On Low-Speed Turns In Reverse / ABS Noise - keywords grind ratchet rattle - (Feb 18, 2011)
Subject: Rear Axle Chatter-Type Noise on Low-Speed Turns in Reverse / ABS Noise Models: 2010 - 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Built Prior to August 25, 2010 The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern: A customer may comment of a noise heard when coasting backward and turning the steering wheel. This will only be noticed at low speeds of approximately 3 MPH, vehicle coasting backwards with some steering input. Transmission gear position is not a factor. This is most commonly experienced if backing out of a downhill driveway, coasting and turning the steering wheel. This noise is caused by the ABS pump motor priming.
Note: It will not occur if coasting straight backwards, steering wheel input is necessary to experience this condition.

Recommendation/Instructions: This concern should not be confused with the concern listed in the current version of PI0137 because both concerns could likely have similar customer comments. To determine which issue is occurring, temporarily remove the 25A F40U fuse from the UBEC and back the vehicle at slow speeds of approximately 3 MPH while providing some steering input. If the noise is not present while the fuse is removed then reinstall the fuse, clear all codes that set due to the fuse removal and continue with the repair outlined in this document.
Do not replace any parts for this condition.
Engineering has identified the concern and created an EBCM calibration to resolve this issue. The calibration is available in Tis2Web. SPS program the EBCM with the latest calibration to resolve this concern.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
Hopefully this helps,
Paul
Fantastic news.
I will try the fuse pull.
Went to the dealership and they said it would be a $105 charge for diagnostic.
Thank you.