The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 10-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
jmar3717

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 2SS
Back in the fold

If any of you have read the story of "Baby Blu" and "Rare Blu", we have already met. The '68 LeMans Blue Poly was my first car. While he has done right by the car, I should have kept it! So here I am, almost 30 years later and I finally have another Camaro. I didn't really think it would take this long, but life gets in the way. After much soul searching and gnashing of teeth, I have added a Victory Red 2011 2SS to the garage. No pictures yet and no real mods. Now that I have had it for a short time, I must say that these things are fun to drive and it is going to be hard to keep it in the garage. I am looking forward to seeing what others are doing to their car and what mods and add ons they like and dislike. If I can figure out the picture thing, I'll add one later.
jmar3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:21 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 10-18-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Good for you. I had a 45 yr gap between muscle cars. They get in your blood and you never forget the feeling. Yea these cars are fun to drive If yours is a manual the VERY FIRST mod you want to do is to install a CAGS bypass harness ($25) to eliminate being forced to shift fron 1st to 4th under low rpm I installed mine on the 3rd day.

Next would be if you don't like the HSA feature ( I hated it !) is to swap the manual HSA sensor to the automatic sensor ($75) to eliminate the HSA feature.

Both of these mods are ez DIYs that take very little effort and time and have extensive posts that show you how.

Oh yea, you might want to install one of these Hurst shifters to give you that ole school muscle car look and feel http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501864

Last edited by camguynj; 10-18-2017 at 08:08 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Congrats and welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Welcome!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #6
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Congrats on the new ride! Welcome!
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote