Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #561
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
I'm sorry, it's more like everyone EXCEPT a great deal of camaro owners. A great majority of automotive enthusiasts would love to own a GT350R because of how special it is.

It's amazing how peoples brand loyalty seems to throw blinders on.
I think the consensus is it is only special because of its limited production numbers...certainly not its performance or price.

That said, I wouldn't mind test driving one some day. But I really have no reason to as I just got my Z 2 months ago, and am loving it every time I get in. Why shop or compare when you're not in the market?

I'm all for different models and makes. It would be a boring world if everyone was driving a Kia.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #562
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
I'm sorry, it's more like everyone EXCEPT a great deal of camaro owners. A great majority of automotive enthusiasts would love to own a GT350R because of how special it is.

Love to own it to be sure, but they are not going to pay that kind of money.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #563
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
I think the consensus is it is only special because of its limited production numbers...certainly not its performance or price.

That said, I wouldn't mind test driving one some day. But I really have no reason to as I just got my Z 2 months ago, and am loving it every time I get in. Why shop or compare when you're not in the market?

I'm all for different models and makes. It would be a boring world if everyone was driving a Kia.
I would put a bullet in my head if I had to drive a KIA.

Past Rides
Old 06-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #564
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post

It's special because of it's unique, high-revving engine, it's outstanding handling, how it makes you feel when you drive it and a phenomenal exhaust note.

It's collectible because of it's limited production.

Low production numbers certainly does not make a car special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Love to own it to be sure, but they are not going to pay that kind of money.
Most would gladly lay down MSRP. But you're right, for most people, paying admin on top is just not going to happen.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #565
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:

If someone is loyal to a brand, team, phone, country etc. there is probably something that took them there. Maybe great customer service, product reliability etc. Nothing wrong with that. It is nice we can choose.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #566
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
It's special because of it's unique, high-revving engine, it's outstanding handling, how it makes you feel when you drive it and a phenomenal exhaust note.

It's collectible because of it's limited production.

Low production numbers certainly does not make a car special.
The engine and exhaust sound is unique, but that's about it as far as special. I'm sure if GM put a exhaust like the GT350 on the Camaro, it would also sound great, just a different tone. Loud exhaust always gets attention, and most track guys love that sound. You just don't see it much stock. I'm still surprised Ford got away with that stock. As far as handling goes, I won't call it outstanding as a fully loaded heavier car with less tires beat it. It has great handling, but would not call it outstanding. I would call the SS1le outstanding as it puts times as fast if not faster then the old z28 and gt350.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #567
unavailablezl1

Quote:

I guess it is special, it 'specially burns a lot of oil, so many automotive enthusiasts have had their motor replaced, if not on the 2nd replacement. Oil cooler hoses come off without warning and burn the motor up, transmissions overheat and go into limp mode. Very special indeed.!!

Past Rides
Old 06-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #568
Trailnut

Drives: '15 Colorado, '73 C/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93oh View Post
Ridiculous comparison honestly. Apart from the suspension and sharpness the GT 350 has attributes that the ZL1 doesn't. The 350 is damn well a perfect car. It has great suspension and engine that revs to the moon with long legs and brakes that will put you through the windshield and bleed off speed with ease. The ZL1 has in my opinion a better suspension and obviously more power. But the cabins are eons apart and Mustang is very airy and open and visible and Zl1 you feel as if you're looking out of a tank through a slit.
The Stinkstang is UGLY TOO!
Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 AM   #569
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
The engine and exhaust sound is unique, but that's about it as far as special. I'm sure if GM put a exhaust like the GT350 on the Camaro, it would also sound great, just a different tone. Loud exhaust always gets attention, and most track guys love that sound. You just don't see it much stock. I'm still surprised Ford got away with that stock. As far as handling goes, I won't call it outstanding as a fully loaded heavier car with less tires beat it. It has great handling, but would not call it outstanding. I would call the SS1le outstanding as it puts times as fast if not faster then the old z28 and gt350.
You don't honestly think that the GT350's unique sound lies in it's mufflers do you...or the the LT1 can have even close to the exhaust note as the GT350 with different mufflers? It's the entire engine design, from the cross plane crank to the cam profile, the firing order, the intake etc. People don't praise the GT350 because it's loud. You wouldn't praise a honda with a bazooka tube for a muffler do you...and they are loud.

As for the handling, the reason the GT350R was able to keep it close to the Zl1 (which has a shitload more horsepower and torque) was because of it's handling prowess. I'd like to know which car in it's class handles better than the GT350R?

A snipit from Motortrend in case you missed it...

"The thing is, when you get these two studs on a winding canyon road, the Shelby is the car you want to be driving. That steering simply comes alive. The GT350R sports one of the best-feeling front ends I’ve had the privilege of experiencing. It’s simply excellent. This Shelby’s shifter shifts better, the engine feels better (who wouldn’t take an 8,250-rpm redline over a 6,500-rpm limit?), the brake pedal feels better, and the car is simply sportier in every way. The R’s just more fun to drive. Again, I’m not sure how Ford Performance did it, but I think there’s a layer of pixie dust baked into the GT350R. I might call it a thing divine."

Quote:
I guess it is special, it 'specially burns a lot of oil, so many automotive enthusiasts have had their motor replaced, if not on the 2nd replacement. Oil cooler hoses come off without warning and burn the motor up, transmissions overheat and go into limp mode. Very special indeed.!!
The Camaro and GM has had it's share of limp mode, oil cooler leaks, excessive oil consumption and motor failures. Let's not pretend however that this is the norm for either company.

I'd like to see a number on exactly how many "automotive enthusiasts" have had to have their engines replaced on the GT350. I'm not familiar with this statistic.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:36 AM   #570
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Special = Production limited to 500/yr = ADM = You will never own one.

The GT350 is a cool car but hasn't live up to the hype. I get how it would be fun to drive but you'd really need to beat the snot out of it to make it perform. I.e. Keep those RPMs high.

Quoting the Highs, Lows and Verdict side bar of the Mustang beats Corvette C&D
Quote:
...sell yours before it vibrates itself to pieces
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...y-gt350-page-3
^^^ another article, by the way, where the allure of a vibrating seat overshadowed the fact it lost in every measurable performance metric.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #571
unavailablezl1

Quote:
You don't honestly think that the GT350's unique sound lies in it's mufflers do you...or the the LT1 can have even close to the exhaust note as the GT350 with different mufflers? It's the entire engine design, from the cross plane crank to the cam profile, the firing order, the intake etc. People don't praise the GT350 because it's loud. You wouldn't praise a honda with a bazooka tube for a muffler do you...and they are loud.

As for the handling, the reason the GT350R was able to keep it close to the Zl1 (which has a shitload more horsepower and torque) was because of it's handling prowess. I'd like to know which car in it's class handles better than the GT350R?

A snipit from Motortrend in case you missed it...

"The thing is, when you get these two studs on a winding canyon road, the Shelby is the car you want to be driving. That steering simply comes alive. The GT350R sports one of the best-feeling front ends I’ve had the privilege of experiencing. It’s simply excellent. This Shelby’s shifter shifts better, the engine feels better (who wouldn’t take an 8,250-rpm redline over a 6,500-rpm limit?), the brake pedal feels better, and the car is simply sportier in every way. The R’s just more fun to drive. Again, I’m not sure how Ford Performance did it, but I think there’s a layer of pixie dust baked into the GT350R. I might call it a thing divine."

The Camaro and GM has had it's share of limp mode, oil cooler leaks, excessive oil consumption and motor failures. Let's not pretend however that this is the norm for either company.

I'd like to see a number on exactly how many "automotive enthusiasts" have had to have their engines replaced on the GT350. I'm not familiar with this statistic.
Well, I know you are on Mustang6g, you know what I am talking about. Don't act like you are stupid.

Past Rides
Old 06-07-2017, 07:51 AM   #572
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Special = Production limited to 500/yr = ADM = You will never own one.

The GT350 is a cool car but hasn't live up to the hype. I get how it would be fun to drive but you'd really need to beat the snot out of it to make it perform. I.e. Keep those RPMs high.

Quoting the Highs, Lows and Verdict side bar of the Mustang beats Corvette C&D
^^^ another article, by the way, where the allure of a vibrating seat overshadowed the fact it lost in every measurable performance metric.
The GT350 is still demanding admin, I’d say most people feel it’s living up to the hype just fine.

Any car that has as high of a powerband as a GT350 needs to be revving higher to perform. No one faults Ferrari or Porsche for needing to rev the snot out it for performance, why would you fault the GT350? It’s designed for it…that’s half of the fun.

Quote:
Well, I know you are on Mustang6g, you know what I am talking about. Don't act like you are stupid.
That I am, however….this is not some plague that you make it out to be. I’ve seen many oil consumption complaints for the LT1 as well as the coyote (mine doesn’t burn a drop however).

It’s funny, with this “plague of issues” you would think there wouldn’t be people still waiting to pay admin on the GT350R.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:09 AM   #573
unavailablezl1

Quote:
The GT350 is still demanding admin, I’d say most people feel it’s living up to the hype just fine.

Any car that has as high of a powerband as a GT350 needs to be revving higher to perform. No one faults Ferrari or Porsche for needing to rev the snot out it for performance, why would you fault the GT350? It’s designed for it…that’s half of the fun.

That I am, however….this is not some plague that you make it out to be. I’ve seen many oil consumption complaints for the LT1 as well as the coyote (mine doesn’t burn a drop however).

It’s funny, with this “plague of issues” you would think there wouldn’t be people still waiting to pay admin on the GT350R.
To quote, "Stupid is as stupid does".

Another quote you might note, " it is better to be remain silent and to be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt".

It looks like you have spoken.

Past Rides
Old 06-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #574
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Which would be like Tesla. Personally, I am sick of the dealer BS. Why can't we order from the factory and the dealers do the repairs? That's where they make their money anyway.

How hard is that to comprehend....
Well, on the flip side of that then we would probably all have to pay MSRP - any current incentives. People wouldn't be able to score deals below MSRP.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote