The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-07-2015, 06:58 AM   #85
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
now thats a beautiful Mustang.

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:00 AM   #86
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i'm nearly banned from the mustang forum for some reason lol

truth about their beloved s197's oxcart suspension hurts lol..dangerous cars those..best avoided at all costs..
my compnay van would beat one round a race track lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #87
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS2.0 View Post
Lol someone smack some sense into me quick...

I have been flirting with the idea for a couple of days now no decision will be made until I see the finished product on the 16th. But the 2015 has grown on me and I haven't owned a Camaro for 3 years so my patience is wearing thin.

sounds like your balls fell off.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #88
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Lol someone smack some sense into me quick...

I have been flirting with the idea for a couple of days now no decision will be made until I see the finished product on the 16th. But the 2015 has grown on me and I haven't owned a Camaro for 3 years so my patience is wearing thin.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:31 AM   #89
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
How can ANYONE seriously say that isn't a good looking car? Especially if you are a Camaro fan. They have so much in common. It is logically impossible to think a Camaro looks awesome but this looks hideous. It's a great looking car.

Maybe you like the Camaro's looks better. I do. But if you think a Camaro looks great and this doesn't at least look "good" you're a nut-swinging liar!!
Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #90
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
How can ANYONE seriously say that isn't a good looking car? Especially if you are a Camaro fan. They have so much in common. It is logically impossible to think a Camaro looks awesome but this looks hideous. It's a great looking car.

Maybe you like the Camaro's looks better. I do. But if you think a Camaro looks great and this doesn't at least look "good" you're a nut-swinging liar!!
Yes, they're both two-door 2+2's so they'll share a somewhat similar profile. The nose of the '15 is an absolute failure. Ford took any and all toughness out of it. Out back is where I really have an issue with the new Mustangs. The lower edge along the rocker extends way too back so that the decklid is considerably shorter than the lower edge of the fascia. By extending the lines of tail further back it also creates a taillight panel that looks "squished" or too narrow. The Camaro and previous-gen Mustang have/had a much more muscular bobbed tail.

I do prefer GM cars but I don't hate Ford or Dodge by any stretch so I'm not just bashing for its own sake. I did shop the '10-14 Mustangs before buying my Camaro. In my opinion, they took that design and stretched it in all the wrong directions.

Last edited by LOBBS; 05-07-2015 at 11:39 AM.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:27 PM   #91
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Life is too short. You like it? Buy it.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #92
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

Name:  1504640.png
Views: 909
Size:  85.3 KB
Old 05-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #93
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
By friends sons is in the shop more than it's on the road, oh and they did not purchase the service warranty so no rental cars for them while this 16xx mile 5.0 is in the shop.

Get yourself a low mile ZL1.
This!^^^ The last 2 work vans I had were Fords and they literally spent more time in the shop than on the road. The only good thing was that they were leased company vans and the leasing company paid for the rentals, so I got try out almost everything that Enterprise had to offer. I noticed that Ford is ranked 25th out of 31 brands sold in the U.S. on reliability, in the latest J.D. Powers survey. This tells me that they still haven't gotten their act together on reliability and vehicles these days are just too expensive to buy a brand that has such a bad record on reliability.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #94
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Says the guy driving around in the V6 Camaro as well

Please explain to me how the convertible is considered a bandwagon, last time i looked the LS camaros outnumber all other models combined, now THAT to me screams bandwagon...
I wasn't the one commenting was I? Oh and BTW, I don't have that car anymore so I'm on another bandwagon. Brilliant!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #95
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
I like ALL cars but if I had the $$$ I would get a 15 Ecoboost Mustang coupe in the dark red with black interior I saw one at the dealer and i was like (drool).
tell me you seriously wouldn't buy a twin turbo 4 banger muscle car
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #96
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
piece of crap ford..ok it's new but wont be new for long.
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #97
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
I like ALL cars but if I had the $$$ I would get a 15 Ecoboost Mustang coupe in the dark red with black interior I saw one at the dealer and i was like (drool).
I had the 3.6L Ecoboost in my Explorer... great when you are moving and spin it up... but if you are sitting and hammer it, every so often, there was a major bog down in the engine, just sit and wait... horrible!
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #98
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
not pretty at all...the 2014 was way better looking..
but the 2014 is a joke car with that rear end lump of steel
If the mustang is a piece of crap what does that make the Camaro?
In almost every way it's superior... Looks is objective, so it can't be measured

But it gets better gas mileage
It's faster in a straight line (both v6 and v8)
More engine options at the moment
It's got more horsepower per liter
Ford didn't need to be saved by the gov't like chevy
Ford sells more than the chevy name brand (though this isn't true when you lump together all GM sales compared to ford & lincoln)
It's never been discontinued like the Camaro
Price is very similar

If it handles any worse, it's not saying much for the Camaro without added suspension/steering componets like the 1LE, because our cars handle like shit. So if handling is something a potential buyer wants, both the Camaro and Mustang are off the table without aftermarket parts or upgrading to a special version like the 1LE.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote