The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > New Member Intro Lounge

Old 12-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Liltrekkie

Drives: Future C7
This has been a long time coming

Hello world!

I've been a LONG time lurker of Camaro5, and Corvette7 (few years now). Didn't really make an account because I thought I've had nothing to contribute, however as time passed, and the purchase of an older car with an LT1 motor, I've learned more about that car, and the new Camaro and Corvette that I can now probably talk with you all forever! lol .

I've been wanting to buy both cars but that's a huge price tag I can't afford lol. But. I'm hoping to be in a new Stingray soon enough If I manage cash correctly. So, Hoping I can get my self in a Stingray, here I am, hoping to soak any knowledge about the new Stingray. (And the Camaro too)

I hope I can contribute nicely around here!
Liltrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Welcome aboard! What part of Missouri? I grew up in KC, but have been in SoCal the last 23 years.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Liltrekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Welcome aboard! What part of Missouri? I grew up in KC, but have been in SoCal the last 23 years.
Thanks! I live around the gateway city (St. Louis). I've been around SoCal, thought about moving there, but the CARB standard is NOT for me lol. I like straight pipes with no cats.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltrekkie View Post
Thanks! I live around the gateway city (St. Louis). I've been around SoCal, thought about moving there, but the CARB standard is NOT for me lol. I like straight pipes with no cats.
Well, you could straight pipe all you want…just don't get caught. LoL! Actually it's not that bad. SMOG is only every 6 years on a new car, then every 2 years after that. I plan on getting long tubes, high flows, intake, possibly Hennessy 550 package or supercharger, and tune. Just have to keep the stock headers and whatnot for 2020… On my Camaro I had muffler delete, intake, etc and only got stopped once. The cop was cool and just reiterated the law and let me go. It's not like Nazi Germany like folks (usually not living here) make it out to be.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Liltrekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Well, you could straight pipe all you want…just don't get caught. LoL! Actually it's not that bad. SMOG is only every 6 years on a new car, then every 2 years after that. I plan on getting long tubes, high flows, intake, possibly Hennessy 550 package or supercharger, and tune. Just have to keep the stock headers and whatnot for 2020… On my Camaro I had muffler delete, intake, etc and only got stopped once. The cop was cool and just reiterated the law and let me go. It's not like Nazi Germany like folks (usually not living here) make it out to be.
I wish the cops were cool around here! I mean, there are some nice ones, I've met a few, but meh, They don't seem to mind all the ricers and street bikes revving the crap out of their engines but they seem to mind when someone has a 'nice car' with a good catback give a small rev. But it's whatever. I don;t do that unless I'm on private property or on a drag strip lol! I have to say though, I'd only do 'subtle' things to my Stingray when I get it. Things like door still plates, maybe a stripe, and something about that front grill.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Welcome!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote