The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Is it available yet Jason?

I need it since my NoviStretchBra covers my front plate.

How about a cold air intake? Is that in development?

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #16
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I took a look at a C7 at the dealership... It's doable, and has already been done. I personally felt the body was a little flimsy where the bolts are, and wasn't sure I really wanted to try to attach anything to it. I also felt with GM's mount being a fairly decent piece that there wouldn't be enough demand for it...

If there's enough interest I could look at it again, but I know there are already a couple options out there.

No CAI making in my future, unless I win the lottery, or am just making my own.

PS: The picture in my original post was just a bad photoshop I did.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #17
JDMAC

Drives: 2015 Laguna Blue C7
I live in Texas and have been stopped twice in 15 years for not having a front plate on my 1999 C5. Both times was given a warning ticket. Still don't have the front plate on the car. Will not put it on my C7 when time comes. Most of the time you will not be stopped for not having the front plate. If you are stopped for some other reason they will give you a ticket. Cost for not displaying a front plate in Texas is $200.00
JDMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAC View Post
I live in Texas and have been stopped twice in 15 years for not having a front plate on my 1999 C5. Both times was given a warning ticket. Still don't have the front plate on the car. Will not put it on my C7 when time comes. Most of the time you will not be stopped for not having the front plate. If you are stopped for some other reason they will give you a ticket. Cost for not displaying a front plate in Texas is $200.00
No one wants to run one... I don't. But yet I do, because I don't want to be stopped period. It NEVER fails, every time I get some new vehicle and it doesn't have a front plate I get pulled over just for that reason. Cops just suck here.

Rough guess, I'd say at least 50%, maybe more of the Camaro plate brackets I sell go to Texas.

A lot of people call me after they've already been pulled over and have received a ticket. Or when they only have X amount of days to get a plate on the car to get out of paying. Blah blah blah.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #19
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I took a look at a C7 at the dealership... It's doable, and has already been done. I personally felt the body was a little flimsy where the bolts are, and wasn't sure I really wanted to try to attach anything to it. I also felt with GM's mount being a fairly decent piece that there wouldn't be enough demand for it...

If there's enough interest I could look at it again, but I know there are already a couple options out there.

No CAI making in my future, unless I win the lottery, or am just making my own.

PS: The picture in my original post was just a bad photoshop I did.

Sorry to here it Jason, but I understand.

Darn it!

BUT your products are STILL THE BEST and I'm glad had I them on my Camaro's when I still owned them.

I still recommend your products to Camaro owners at car shows too!

Old 08-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #20
Jason@JacFab

It's not a "No" for sure, but it would be nice to gauge how much interest there is before I commit to building something and making a bunch of stock to have on hand. I'm currently in the middle of designing a bracket for the Chevrolet SS, I've had a ton of requests for that one, and only two requests for a C7 bracket. Perhaps once the SS is done, I will revisit the C7.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #21
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Too bad you haven't lisenced your designs to GM. You might think about that.

You'd be making money hand over fist.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #22
StingraySallye

Drives: 2014 AW C7 A6
Warning for no front plate in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAC View Post

I was stopped recently by TX DPS...I braked when I saw him so after he passed me, going the other way, he made a u-turn and got behind me for about 1/4 mile then turned on his lights. When I pulled over he asked me why I was going fast, then looked at the front of my car and asked why I didn't have front plate on. He told me if I haven't been cited yet for no front plate that he would give me a warning but if I already had a warning he would have to write me a citation for it. He went to his car for a few minutes then came back and gave me a warning for "excessive speed" and "no front plate" - funny thing is there is no actual "speed" on the ticket so I really don't think he knew my actual speed - or it was only about 3-4 over the limit (of 60) - I was probably going 69! Regardless, I was smiling when he said I was only getting a warning - I would like to save that ticket for "really" excessive speed, not just 3-4 or 9 mph over the limit!
StingraySallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #23
Jason@JacFab

Moving forward with the c7 front plate bracket. I will have a prototype ready next week.