Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
AMT/Ertl model

Just found one at the local hobby shop! Another "toy" for the collection.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
got any picks?
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
got any picks?
Here's a pic. from AMT/Ertl's site.

If I decide to build it, I'll post some pics. of the finished product. I need a 2nd to "keep preserved".
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Nice. a good one to keep in the package
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #5
Moose

Well, I bought 2. One to build the other to keep with the rest of my 'Concept Camaro Treasure Chest'!

Now. What color to choose. SO far, I'm thinking black. I'll post pics. of the completed model.

Ed
Old 12-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well...we went into Target today and I could not pass up my chance to own a remote control concept. Lookie what has been added to the ever growing collection. It's actually pretty quick on the floor and can even do J turns. Oh, and at $19.95, it was a steal.
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
Moose

Great find Tag! Guess where I'll be headed!!!

OK folks. First pic.!

Old 12-06-2006, 07:36 AM   #8
Moose

Here's some more.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #9
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Nice progress. I'm keeping an eye out for this kit
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #10
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I like them, got too get me one.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
Moose

OK. Here's the finished product.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

:eek:

Ed, that is really cool. I'm suprised. I was thinking it was going to be one of those poor quality type models that no matter how much experience you have in building them, always turn out to look like anything other than what's on the front of the box.

You did a very nice job on that model. And yep...now that's one more to be added to my ever growing wish list.

Oh, and sorry to get off subject w/ the remote control car in ur thread. If you do get one, go to the store. Saw the same ones on ebay going for $24.95 + another $15 or so shipping...when you can get them for $20!!!

When you said what color to choose, do you paint them yourself? Or, do the models already come painted in different colors?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #13
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
:eek:

Ed, that is really cool. I'm suprised. I was thinking it was going to be one of those poor quality type models that no matter how much experience you have in building them, always turn out to look like anything other than what's on the front of the box.

You did a very nice job on that model. And yep...now that's one more to be added to my ever growing wish list.

Oh, and sorry to get off subject w/ the remote control car in ur thread. If you do get one, go to the store. Saw the same ones on ebay going for $24.95 + another $15 or so shipping...when you can get them for $20!!!

When you said what color to choose, do you paint them yourself? Or, do the models already come painted in different colors?
Hey buddy

OK, the model does have some "issues". It took me quite a while to get the body to fit correctly. As for the color, the entire kit is molded in light gray. I decided to use the same colors as my SS in building the model.

As for the remote control car, I just went to a Target looking for it. No luck. :( I have my sister out hunting for me as well though. I did see them on EBAY...you're right, they end up costing too much!

Thanks for the nice comment on the model. If you have trouble finding one, let me know. I may be able to help you out.

Ed
Old 12-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Hey buddy

OK, the model does have some "issues". It took me quite a while to get the body to fit correctly. As for the color, the entire kit is molded in light gray. I decided to use the same colors as my SS in building the model.

As for the remote control car, I just went to a Target looking for it. No luck. :( I have my sister out hunting for me as well though. I did see them on EBAY...you're right, they end up costing too much! Thanks for the nice comment on the model. If you have trouble finding one, let me know. I may be able to help you out.

Ed
Wow, that's somthing else that it came in all light grey. If that's the case, then you painted the seats the two tone color as well, the undercarriage and all. That's some work. I can barely tell. Looks like it came like that. On top of that, your color combo for the seats is IMO a very good choice. I was thinking GM should either do the seats like that or one tone with but with different color "piping". As far as the remote control, look around and stay away from ebay. It's rare that you can't find a better deal on ebay....this is just one of those times. I'll look around town and see if I can come up w/ one of those models. I'll probably buy two as well....one for the box and one I can as I put it together (not the best at models...I'd rather build a die-cast!). Thanks again and I'll LYK what I come up with.

LMK if you can't find a remote control. Shipping would probably be a *****, but I'd be happy to pick one up and send it off.