Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
EvilBoost
Evil

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Exclamation 4 issues under 11k miles 6 months 2 repeat

Oh boy 2012 Camaro 6spd LS3 Black 2SS
At
Took delivery of camaro , took it home, gave it the first car wash, while drying it noticed 3 swirl marks one on each left and right side rear panel and one on trunk lid, took it to dealership... They had it resprayed... I notice a bondo spot on trunk lid..... Still haven't taken it back
1k miles brake reservoir leaking near cap area, they had it fixed

1k clutch squeaking every time I pushed the pedal down, they lubed it?.. it still continued to squeak... i guess i wore it out till it stop squeaking around 3-4k....?

4k reverse lights stayed on and so would my backup camera while I drive... Took it in they replaced brake switch, happened at 1k but issue didn't reacure till 4k

6-8k dumb people in parking lot or fwy rocks paint chipped off black camaro... Cheapest paint in my life... This right here makes me not wanna buy one again... Issues with the cheap paint is ridiculous living in 2012...

11k now clutch reservoir leaking again... Haven't taken it in yet, just parked it... I bought car in June...

11k window seals are indenting inwards both sides .

Dunno starting to hate visiting the dealer...

Tranny looks poorly made underneath I'll post up pics, sometimes going up steep driveways I think a rear differential makes a weird noise don't know if that's normal or not I think I've heard my nephew say something about possy traction ?

Taking Performance Technology to a New Level

Last edited by EvilBoost; 12-28-2012 at 01:37 AM.
EvilBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
EvilBoost
Evil

Here are some Pics of what I've seen, dont know if thats normal stress marks? does everyones transmission look like that from underneath? , and umm here are some brake reservoir shots of the 1st time and 2nd time leak. Ill take some Pics of the paint in the Sun Tomorrow.... been raining and windy lately here in Los Angeles.
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
EvilBoost
Evil

Heres a video link to my reverse lights staying on and backup camera

Old 12-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
EvilBoost
Evil

Im just real bummed about a new car having to be resprayed... I run a motorcycle/car shop full time ... taking time off to keep going back to the dealership ..finding a ride... a backup car... a ride back to the dealer... starting to be a pain.... Sad.... i really like the car just seems like im starting to be on this offtrack path with this one... The paint is a real bummer... never ever had a car with cheapie paint... and let me tell you... ive had over 20+ Cars... and over 15+ Motorcycles... this paint chips way too easy.... whats going on? I heard something about 1 out of 1000 cars comes out a lemon....

Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
You may have a lemon....sorry bud. My car been great, Not any issues you've had..
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBoost View Post
Oh boy 2012 Camaro 6spd LS3 Black 2SS
At
Took delivery of camaro , took it home, gave it the first car wash, while drying it noticed 3 swirl marks one on each left and right side rear panel and one on trunk lid, took it to dealership... They had it resprayed... I notice a bondo spot on trunk lid..... Still haven't taken it back
1k miles brake reservoir leaking near cap area, they had it fixed

1k clutch squeaking every time I pushed the pedal down, they lubed it?.. it still continued to squeak... i guess i wore it out till it stop squeaking around 3-4k....?

4k reverse lights stayed on and so would my backup camera while I drive... Took it in they replaced brake switch, happened at 1k but issue didn't reacure till 4k

6-8k dumb people in parking lot or fwy rocks paint chipped off black camaro... Cheapest paint in my life... This right here makes me not wanna buy one again... Issues with the cheap paint is ridiculous living in 2012...

11k now clutch reservoir leaking again... Haven't taken it in yet, just parked it... I bought car in June...

11k window seals are indenting inwards both sides .

Dunno starting to hate visiting the dealer...

Tranny looks poorly made underneath I'll post up pics, sometimes going up steep driveways I think a rear differential makes a weird noise don't know if that's normal or not I think I've heard my nephew say something about possy traction ?
We apologize for the dissatisfaction you are experiencing with your Camaro. It does sound like your dealership is stepping up and addressing every concern, which is definitely a plus. Please let us know when you decide to take it in for the clutch and window issue.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
ragtop11

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Paint on my car is also very poor quality, some are's look like there's no clear coat.
for a 42,000 car can't beleive the cheap paint job they put on them.
My 2009 GMC pickup paint is 10 times better than the paint on my 2012 camaro.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
EvilBoost
Evil

Ill be taking it in , as soon as I get back to Los Angeles, Im in vegas with it for new years, My Clutch Pedal was Stuck in the in Position this morning when I started the car... had to pop it out with my foot.... , Took it for a nice car wash... , now at starbucks wishing you all a Good New years!