Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #43
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Nobody waived at him?
hahahahahah
Old 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #44
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Its perception. If you give a kid a fast car he will try to impress his friends with it and good chance hurt himself or someone else. Not all kids are this way but most are.
If you give a open beer to a 18 year old and tell him not to drink it while your in the bathroom, 9 times out of 10 the kid will take a sip.
I would never give a sports car to my kid at 16. Peer pressure is a bitch and its to much of a gambling with his life. A little civic or something until he gets use to driving then we can talk. He/she would have to prove to me they could handle it.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #45
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
1997 Dodge Neon for me, great car to get me to point A to B. Until it stop turning on.
Mine lasted a good bit. Kept it around after my senior year when I got my new v6 mustang (never said I was good at where I spent my money). It was my DD since I had to drive in snow.
I let my boyfriend at the time play in a flood with it... Neither of us remembered about the "hot air intake" anndddd it hydro locked... Found it the next day in a puddle of oil and a rod in the oil pan :( sold her for $700! She turned into a rally car or something like that lol
God to think if that car had more HP..... Not sure I'd be alive honestly. I've always had a led foot. Didn't get any better when I added motorcycles to my addiction hah

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #46
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Its perception. If you give a kid a fast car he will try to impress his friends with it and good chance hurt himself or someone else. Not all kids are this way but most are.
If you give a open beer to a 18 year old and tell him not to drink it while your in the bathroom, 9 times out of 10 the kid will take a sip.
I would never give a sports car to my kid at 16. Peer pressure is a bitch and its to much of a gambling with his life. A little civic or something until he gets use to driving then we can talk. He/she would have to prove to me they could handle it.
+1
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #47
ABMLS3

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011*Camaro*SS View Post
I saw this video before I got my car and ever since then i'd wanted one. Im 17 got my SS when I turned 15 still haven't wrecked it and only gotten one ticket. Why does everyone on this site hate on young Camaro drivers? Yeah there're some young DB drivers out there. BUT there are also older people that don't deserve licenses either... Everyone saying they don't see giving a kid a V8 or a nice first car, I'm glad i'm not your kid. Sorry that your children are so irresponsible...
i agree 100%

Power Source Performance Turbo Kit

416 C.I ,TH400
Instagram: TomTraube
COTW ABMLS3 Build Thread
ABMLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #48
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I know Shane because we live in the same (central FL area) and he is a nice guy. I feel sorry for all the haters out there that are jealous because someone as young as Shane got such a nice car for his b-day. so freakin' what? why hate on someone that you don't even know?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #49
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011*Camaro*SS View Post
I saw this video before I got my car and ever since then i'd wanted one. Im 17 got my SS when I turned 15 still haven't wrecked it and only gotten one ticket. Why does everyone on this site hate on young Camaro drivers? Yeah there're some young DB drivers out there. BUT there are also older people that don't deserve licenses either... Everyone saying they don't see giving a kid a V8 or a nice first car, I'm glad i'm not your kid. Sorry that your children are so irresponsible...
oh I dont know, a little thing called statistics....ask your insurance company about it....see who is more likely to have a fatal car accident maybe?

http://www.after-car-accidents.com/s...accidents.html

http://www.squidoo.com/statistics-on...-car-accidents

I can go on and on...there are plenty of facts pointing to not providing teenagers, especially at an early age fast vehicles.....Good for you that you haven't had an accident....no tickets awesome...doesn't mean you were a good driver necessarily, just means you were lucky and/or didn't get caught...

Last edited by Rhyder; 07-25-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #50
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySinning View Post
For all those who have children and want them to earn everything do you make your kids give back their "participation trophies"? LOL
Yes I do
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #51
MC2411

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
I don't think you understand... Your effort that you put into schooling does infact represent your maturity. Compare the ethics and morals of higher ranked students to those of lower ranks and see what you find yourself. I am not saying that all students who don't have an outstanding GPA are immature or are lacking morally, but I am sure you will find that those who actually take time with schooling and try their best at everything they do stand up a little taller, and we do know that schooling is important. And also, I work my butt off in school to impress my mom. I have never gotten a ticket, and never gotten in an accident, because I know that if I do, there will be consequences. So you judging by what you hear isn't the way to go. Each person stands at their own level of maturity, and for people to judge by only knowing their age or grade is disgusting. When people say things like, "Oh my, you are only 17? You don't deserve this because you aren't mature enough to have it." is kind of like a kick in the face. You don't know their ethics, or how hard they work. You don't know how they carry themselves or treat their belongings. You don't have to be older to be more mature. You have to know what is right and what is wrong, and I for a fact, can tell you that more people than you think do. I am not bashing anyone, I am just saying that for everyone saying "You aren't MATURE enough", there is more to maturing than age.
I couldn't have said it better myself. It's funny that most of the kids that I went to high school with that had nice cars were also the ones that had the grades to back it up. They are also the ones that take the best care of their cars and treat people with the most respect. Is that always the case? No but it seems to be the trend where I live anyway

Also, as you have stated, maturity is not in direct correlation with age
Old 07-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #52
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
You guys are ruthless, me at 14 had a full time job and school and couldn't get my parents to get me a car when I got my liscense

Tried for years and finally said if I don't get it myself ill never get one, so I went and got my car ordered and the rest is history

But I also know what these guys are saying, my little cousin got a brand new M3 handed too him after his lease was up on his 335i

He's never had a job but that's not my or anyone's choice to say he can't have those cars

You guys are car enthusiasts that's why you are saying he's gotta earn or he's gotta get a beater and learn

The point is that we know we respect the cars we know that we take car of our cars, just cause they are handed stuff doesn't mean they are not gunna be the same way

I say give him a chance, like the dad in the video said good thing about giving big gifts is you can take them away
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #53
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
wow, kinda ridiculous. he's 15 and got a new camaro. he's not even old enough to drive.
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #54
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
This is why you should have to work and pay for your own car. I see all there girls at work buying there kids cars( talking like brand new Audi's and such) and they trash them or worse wreck em! You don't appreciate something until you have made a sacrifice for it.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #55
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
This is why you should have to work and pay for your own car. I see all there girls at work buying there kids cars( talking like brand new Audi's and such) and they trash them or worse wreck em! You don't appreciate something until you have made a sacrifice for it.
I always thought it was up to the parents to raise their child...wasn't aware it was the workforce that was supposed to.

If you start at an early age, things like take their toys away from them if they don't take care of them, and develop that type of attitude throughout their growth, they learn to respect and take care of things later in life. That can take the form of requiring the child to earn things as well, but it has to be a habit and character trait built on the way they were raised, and tailored to each individual child.

Kids getting cars given to them and them not taking care of it has pretty much nothing to do with it being handed to them, and everything to do with how they were raised and how they observed their parents in action.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #56
HypnotiqSS

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
im only 19 I have saved up for quite some time to be able to afford my Camaro. I really don't fall into too much pier pressure to do stupid stuff bc I paid too much for this car to either wreck it or loose my license speeding lol. when I have kids they will get an old beat up civic and help me do the maintenance on it like my old man made me do.
HypnotiqSS is offline   Reply With Quote