Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #29
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
OP, the total repair for that is pretty minimal. I doubt there is any paint damage, just have a PDR pro remove the dent and then use some polishing compound (if there are any scratches). PDR = 100 bucks, polishing compound = 5 bucks, elbow grease = priceless
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #30
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Get ready for more incidents like this since the holidays are here and people become more stupid. Let her insurance fix this, don't let it slide unless there is no damage.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #31
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Yeah I would probably be considered an A-hole the way I park my car too,but I don't care. If I want to try and keep my car as nice as it can be for as long as I can I will continue to park that way and no one should make you change how you feel about that. Some of us may have a Camaro or any other car and describe it as "just a car" and that is fine I am not going to treat you any different. Some of us are REAL car people and our 'pride and joy" is just that. That is also the exact reason I would not park close to any entrance of any establishment.

I am not a pet owner. I say that because alot of us are. I know that you love that animal like a child. You certainly would not want he/she to get sick or injured. If he/she did you would certainly take it to the vet. There are people out there that don't respect animals. They are abused and neglected as we know regularly. My point is that we all have things that we love and try to protect. Just keep that in mind when those of us who have a Camaro just consider it "Just a Car". To some of us we may consider our Camaros more than just a car. Hell alot of us ( Not Me ) even name our Camaros!

I also believe that most vehicles have back up cameras in addition to the sensors. It is really simple. Most people don't give a s--t. Like the guy who broke three fingers that would have been me when i was alot younger. Now if I see anything I am going to wait for you to return to your car and I certainly will NOT be very happy. I may have a Tourette's Syndrome moment for starters and will require your info. :big grin:
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #32
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
the sad thing is no one should have to put out cash cause some "a-hole" cant back the f up or park.

just use your insurance to get it fixed? really? nice solution. oh, you got mugged? dont carry cash..

idiots.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #33
todd69gs

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
I would have flipped out ... This is why I park my car way out and crooked and people call me an asshole for the way I park.. well if people know how to park I would not park the way I do
If you double park then you deserve every ding that you may get imho. Nothing wrong with parking in the back of the lot to stay away from the tools that can't drive. No reason to double park other then to draw attention to yourself.
todd69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #34
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
At least it wasn't a hit and run. I had a hit and run in October, decided to get it fixed and it was just over $2k. I paid the deductible and only cost $1k to insurance. So now I pay $300/mo instead of $200/mo for the Camaro and a P/U.

To the guy who said it's just a car: Blo me. You're right it's just a car, it is a means to get from point a to point b. You are probably driving Daddy's Camaro or he bought it for you. I don't care! When you shell $35,000-$60,000 of your hard earned money, you may think differently. But just in case you don't, can I come over to your house and knock the windows out of 'your' Camaro, since it's just a car? No? Thought so. So here is the bottom line, you paid upwards of $35000.00 for this car. You want to keep it looking as new as posible, as long as possible. So when the Beverly Hillbillies park next to your Camaro and deface it, you get a little mad. Understandable. I also park far away from the store's front door and sometimes take more than one spot, at 0000-0400(that's am for non military guys). Now if you don't like that, you're an idiot(And a bunch of other names also). It's also no reason to mess with other's property. Just keep Jethro and Uncle Jed away from my car. That's my opinion.
Troy
Old 11-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #35
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Few weeks back I had a similar incident but I was the offending party. I was backing my truck into a spot at a restaurant and accidently hit the car in the spot next to the one I was entering. I pulled forward, checked his car, looked at mine. There was no visible damage but I went in the and went to every table until I found the owner. I told them what happened and asked them to come out and take a look. He did and we both agreed there was no damage. He thanked me and went back in to finish his dinner. I went in and joined my family for ours. I would have done this even if alone but I was also trying to set an example for my teenage daughter who has recently begun driving. I want her to understand she is responsible for her vehicle and if something does happen just own up to it. BTW I back in everywhere. Work requires it and if there is an emergency it is easier and safer to just pull out of a spot rather than having to back out in a hurry.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:27 PM   #36
todd69gs

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
At least it wasn't a hit and run. I had a hit and run in October, decided to get it fixed and it was just over $2k. I paid the deductible and only cost $1k to insurance. So now I pay $300/mo instead of $200/mo for the Camaro and a P/U.

To the guy who said it's just a car: Blo me. You're right it's just a car, it is a means to get from point a to point b. You are probably driving Daddy's Camaro or he bought it for you. I don't care! When you shell $35,000-$60,000 of your hard earned money, you may think differently. But just in case you don't, can I come over to your house and knock the windows out of 'your' Camaro, since it's just a car? No? Thought so. So here is the bottom line, you paid upwards of $35000.00 for this car. You want to keep it looking as new as posible, as long as possible. So when the Beverly Hillbillies park next to your Camaro and deface it, you get a little mad. Understandable. I also park far away from the store's front door and sometimes take more than one spot, at 0000-0400(that's am for non military guys). Now if you don't like that, you're an idiot(And a bunch of other names also). It's also no reason to mess with other's property. Just keep Jethro and Uncle Jed away from my car. That's my opinion.
Troy
I agree w everything you're saying. All that cash for a nice car and some other d bag that doesn't give a damn screws it up.
Still not seeing the whole double park thing. Maybe it makes you feel important to take up more than one spot. I'm not sure. Lines are put there for a reason. To define a parking area and provide structure. A military man should understand that.
todd69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:01 AM   #37
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
A minor chip or blemish is not worth hassling somebody's insurance over.
Uhh... yeah, it absolutely is.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:48 AM   #38
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Usually when you hassle someone for insurance information, theyll be willing to pony up some cash to settle the problem. I had someone give me 200 bucks for my door ding (along the crease right at the end of the actual door panel). I spent 5 bucks on polish and cleared up the paint, then I paid 100 bucks for a PDR guy to drill into the back of my door, restore the crease and then plug it to look oem.

Seriously, its just a car. Yeah, we all want it to look nice and we all spent a nice sum of cash for it, but theres no need to get super upset over an accident. Insurance doesnt go up for accidents that are not your fault. Vandalism and accidents are 2 separate things.

Edit: Now that I think about it.. OP cant really get someone to PDR his front bumper or maybe? I know its plastic and you'll most likely need to take the front bumper cover off. Sounds like a good opportunity to get a splitter while youre at it.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #39
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post

Troy

If you are referring to me I in fact purchased my own Camaro last year and paid for it in full (brand new). I'm 30 lol so no daddy did not buy this one for me. It's gone now and I daily drive a 2012 ctsv wagon that i also paid for in full on my own, I have other badass cars that I currently own and all of mine are paid for!

I put way more importance on more serious matters than a tiny blemish on a freakin car (and yes I am an anal car enthusiasts) . It is material and shi* happens, I do baby my cars and take pride in them and they are garage kept, washed and waxed religiously, etc but damn if somebody barely taps it (not being an idiot) and there is pretty much zero damage I'm not going to have a heart attack or brain aneurysm. So you can blow me this time bud
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:22 AM   #40
DARKTHIRTY777

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Well did not intend for this to be a battle, but I am going to check the complete bumper area and ensure there is nothing broke. If there is not I will just email the bad parker and inform her I am not going after her insurance company. I will still get some estimates after the holidays. I will take some pictures of the mark it left later today.
2011 ls3 ss/rs, Kooks long tube headers, gutted high flow cats, 231/239. 624" lifted squared 115+3 lsa comp cam, ecs supercharger, Alky methanol kit, DSS 1000hp axles, BMR toe rods, BMR trailering arms, Fore innovations dual fuel pump. Flex fuel sensor and 360 custom tunes, hp tuners NGAUGE. 752 hp with 93 octane and 825 hp with E85.
DARKTHIRTY777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #41
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
OP,I take the time to find a "safe" spot when I park anything. I daily drive the car and wife and I use it to go out, travel, run errands...you name it and understand that things are going to happen. The car was bought to be used. As far as the car, I agree with you. I would evaluate the damage and if it bothered me, I would get it fixed. If not, or I could make a repair for next to nothing that I was happy with, its what I would do. Younger, I am sure I would have been much more upset.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #42
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
another retard driving a vehicle that is to bid for them, don't know how to drive but it makes them feel safe, I would have lost it as well that's why I park far away and won't drive my car to certain stores as I don't trust the cliente
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote