The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #8401
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I don't guess I've ever seen an action conversation that didn't get confusing
I'll be honest, none of that stuff made sense to me until I owned firearms. Then it all clicked.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #8402
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
I have found when teaching the recruit class at the Academy that DEMONSTRATING the difference between DA,SA,SAO,DAO, etc...Went FAR easier than doing it in the Classroom. It IS confusing unless you have some firearms background.

Plus folks see so much BS on movies regarding firearms...SAA Colts shooting 15 shots, 9mm bullets going through dozer blades, etc. Lots of misconceptions .
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #8403
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'll be honest, none of that stuff made sense to me until I owned firearms. Then it all clicked.
Yeah, till someone mentions Glock action ..... I don't even wanna know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
I have found when teaching the recruit class at the Academy that DEMONSTRATING the difference between DA,SA,SAO,DAO, etc...Went FAR easier than doing it in the Classroom. It IS confusing unless you have some firearms background.

Plus folks see so much BS on movies regarding firearms...SAA Colts shooting 15 shots, 9mm bullets going through dozer blades, etc. Lots of misconceptions .
Demonstrations from seasoned firearm instructors is probably THE most important weapon in a firearm owners arsenal. Much imperfect practice makes bad habits, perfect practice makes perfect. IMO

Even at that, "We ALL have to stay on our toes when we carry, and be on guard against silly mistakes." says the Sheriff that jerked his jackets waist string..... (was a local guy, true story, and he isn't the only one)

Don't matter what action it is, If you carry in a fanny pack, or in a purse, don't just throw it in there loose unless it's unloaded or in a secure holster. And don't wear anything with strings hanging. And don't be doing any quick-draw crap unless you've been trained by a pro. And..... etc.

Who has the 4 rules memorized? It should be everyone! Don't find out the hard way how important they are.
They're n the next post, give it a try before you scroll down... Bet'cha most of you miss at least one.

As far as 15-shot revolvers.....

Old 02-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #8404
Mr Twisty

Quote:
The Four Rules

All guns are always loaded. (Treat them so!)
Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).
Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #8405
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Yeah, till someone mentions Glock action ..... I don't even wanna know

Demonstrations from seasoned firearm instructors is probably THE most important weapon in a firearm owners arsenal. Much imperfect practice makes bad habits, perfect practice makes perfect. IMO

Even at that, "We ALL have to stay on our toes when we carry, and be on guard against silly mistakes." says the Sheriff that jerked his jackets waist string..... (was a local guy, true story, and he isn't the only one)

Don't matter what action it is, If you carry in a fanny pack, or in a purse, don't
just throw it in there loose unless it's unloaded or in a secure holster. And don't wear anything with strings hanging. And don't be doing any quick-draw crap unless you've been trained by a pro. And..... etc.

Who has the 4 rules memorized? It should be everyone! Don't find out the hard way how important they are.
They're n the next post, give it a try before you scroll down... Bet'cha most of you miss at least one.

As far as 15-shot revolvers.....

Is that thing for real?
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #8406
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoomba View Post
Is that thing for real?
Yes. I think it's one of those, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" weapons.

Quote:
"Pistola con Caricato", which is Italian for Loaded or Charged Pistol. The 3 barreled, 18 shot revolver was made in Italy in the early 1900s, it was chambered in 6.35MM (25 ACP)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #8407
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
FDLE classifies the Glock action as DA...go figure.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #8408
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Anyone COLLECT a particular firearm? Or related item like leather, ammo, etc?

I've been a fan of S&W revolvers for 60 years since I was a Pup. Had an Uncle who was a Cop and I used to shoot his little .32 snubbie when I was six!

Over the years I've gathered up a decent collection of many of the Smith revolver models. Anyone else afflicted with the collecting disease?
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #8409
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Brag post (read no further if you're the jealous type):

I get to spend the next FOUR days attending Sig Sauer Academy classes. Two days rifle; two days pistol.

Best part and the part to be most jealous of: It's free and it's local. Instruction, ammo, all of it. I just have to attend and bring my guns.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #8410
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Brag post (read no further if you're the jealous type):

I get to spend the next FOUR days attending Sig Sauer Academy classes. Two days rifle; two days pistol.

Best part and the part to be most jealous of: It's free and it's local. Instruction, ammo, all of it. I just have to attend and bring my guns.

I think that's the smiley you were looking for..... but yeah, I'd like to go.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #8411
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post

Wait!! You're saying that what they put in movies about guns isn't real?! To he'll you say!
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:59 AM   #8412
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quick game... what's wrong with this photo?

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #8413
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Quick game... what's wrong with this photo?

It didn't load?

Norm
Old 02-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #8414
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It didn't load?

Norm
Sorry about that... attached
Attached Images