Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #15
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
So i found a 2ss a state away with mosaic black and white stripes and white ceramic interior for plus dual exhaust 38K, but no mag ride, i have a black one with red interior my first choose close to me with mag ride but its not on red tag..they still want 46K despite sitting for 130 days! I didn't have mag ride in my z51 c7 it was stiff sometimes is the 2ss softer? should I hold out for magnetic ride? not sure on the ceramic white interior but with the white stripes and 16% off seems pretty cool
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:57 PM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
If cost is not a problem I would hold out for MRC in a 2SS. I really like that option. IMO if you really want a 1LE then that's what you should get. It will have MRC and suspension pieces that the 1 and 2SS don't have. The 2SS is a nice option on the Camaro and I like mine. Good luck!
Old 09-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #17
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
After selling my C7 with out mag I'm not sure i need it I did find a black with white stripes its 36K hard to turn that price down ......but no magride. I think i really want to leather.. as track is at the most 1 every 6 weeks and Thunderhill is not that great of a track and laguna seca has DB issues ....
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sounds like a real good deal on the black one but check the paint all over the car. People posting on this forum have been having some issues with black paint on the '16s.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:53 AM   #19
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
The 2SS with no mrc is still better than a gen 5 1LE which was a beast on the track. It's going to sound like sacrilege here, but after reading many an article I went with out mag as everything I read says you have a better feel for the road with out. I'm not hard core tracking, if anything I Friday night race it at the local drag strip. My car is solid and stiff, corners like a beast beating my 2006 c6 Z51 Vette. If I recall the early motor track reviews were sterling w/o mrc.

Get what you feel is right for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
After selling my C7 with out mag I'm not sure i need it I did find a black with white stripes its 36K hard to turn that price down ......but no magride. I think i really want to leather.. as track is at the most 1 every 6 weeks and Thunderhill is not that great of a track and laguna seca has DB issues ....
Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #20
mbar

Drives: 2016 1SS
Are you going to take the car to the track several times per year? If the answer is yes then go with the 1LE. If not, don't waste your time on this pkg.
one thing for sure: Do NOT give up the V8.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #21
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
Buy a 1LE and I'll trade you the seats out of my 2SS.
Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #22
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
I was in the same dilemma, decided the 2SS is better. I will never track mine so I don't need the extra firm suspension, roll bars. I will probably buy the 1LE wheels though- LOVE THEM.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #23
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldgin2 View Post
The 2SS with no mrc is still better than a gen 5 1LE which was a beast on the track. It's going to sound like sacrilege here, but after reading many an article I went with out mag as everything I read says you have a better feel for the road with out. I'm not hard core tracking, if anything I Friday night race it at the local drag strip. My car is solid and stiff, corners like a beast beating my 2006 c6 Z51 Vette. If I recall the early motor track reviews were sterling w/o mrc.

Get what you feel is right for you
If you are talking about track times I don't think a non MRC was ever tested against the gen 5 1LE. And the mrc Gen 6 that was tested managed to hang with it but it was pretty even.
If you are talking about features, and other subjective qualities I agree. I like the 6th gen better.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #24
Nawambo

Drives: 2023 Kia EV6 GT (577hp!)
I get what you're saying, if my budget falls through, I would be in the same boat get a 1LE or a 2SS Fifty edition and just add all the performance options available. Tough choice. I had a 2SS and loved the vented seats and leather, but I don't usually care for luxury, I daily drive it, but also track 'em. Good luck either way!
2013 Boss 302 (Sold)
2006 STI (Sold)
Track and Rally Partners
Nawambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #25
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
If you are not going to like the interior everytime you sit in it, daily, and miss all the comfort features of a 2SS.....you know you will regret buying the 1LE.
You are still buying a SS man!!! It just doesn't have a track suspension upgrade.
Notice the word Bradford used, upgrade. But the SS has a trackable suspension stock and the cooling it needs. Chevy made sure of that. The V6 1LE is just the SS stuff added. Note, the SS kept up with the BMW M4 on a track test. The SS 1LE will be a few seconds faster on a track granted. But also if you want the 1LE suspension upgrades except for the diff that will be available too. And a torque vectoring diff on the street has no benefit. If it does you may end up being part of the natural selection process. Just don't take anyone with you.

But if you want a car that is a few seconds faster on a track than a standard SS so you can tell your friends that, or actually run it on a track often, then the 1LE is a no brainer.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #26
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
1LE all day long
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #27
WVaSS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Grey 2SS M6
Blind spot monitor! Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
The 2SS gives a lot of comfort. I like all of the features from the blind spot monitoring and backup sensors to Apple Car Play. The dual position, ventilated, memory seats are a very nice place to be on a 700 mile journey.
I bought the 2SS over the 1SS for the blind spot monitors, as much as I love the car, I find its outward visibility poor. The leather, the heated/vented seats, heated steering wheel, power seat memory, all that stuff didn't hurt either. I've never had mine on a track, I'm sure the better brakes and suspension make a big difference on track. Mine has the MRC which is awesome and damned effective. For me, I'd want to know for sure that the 1LE was WAY faster on a track, before I gave up the comfort and convenience of the 2SS, which imho ought to be fairly quick and entertaining on a track in its own right.
WVaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #28
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If it's a daily driver, I'd take the 2SS without hesitation, if it's not, I'd take the 1LE without hesitation.

I'll spend more time in the car sitting at a stoplight, bad traffic, getting dog food, or going to Costco by a factor of 10, than on track. Hell, I even went with the A8 on this one.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote